You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

HeliBars handlebars for Victory Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

somanyroads
Posted 2014-10-25 7:16 AM (#167454)
Subject: HeliBars handlebars for Victory Vision

Puddle Jumper

Wiscasset, ME

I just want everybody to know I attended an Open House at HeliBars and spoke with Jennifer and the owner Harry. We made arrangements for them to use my Victory Vision as the model, so they can produce their handlebars for Vision owners.

I have left my bike at their factory for the winter so they can design a set of handlebars for it. When I get the bike back next spring I will assume their handlebars will be available to anyone that is interested in purchasing them? I will give you a full review on my new handlebars when I get the bike back next spring.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2014-10-27 4:44 AM (#167481 - in reply to #167454)
Subject: Re: HeliBars handlebars for Victory Vision

Visionary

What year Vision? Square or round handlebars?
somanyroads
Posted 2014-11-01 6:02 PM (#168539 - in reply to #167454)

Puddle Jumper

Wiscasset, ME
My bike is a 2012 with black round bars.😄
Desert Dave
Posted 2014-11-08 12:42 PM (#168617 - in reply to #167454)
Subject: RE: HeliBars handlebars for Victory Vision

Puddle Jumper

somany,

It is very cool that you are doing this for the Vision riding community. The Heli-Bar route was the one I was going to take until I just had some bars fabricated. The adjustment capabilities of the Heli-Bar will be a nice match for Vision riders to find that individual comfort zone sweet spot for those 500 mile days.

Thanks again, and please post pictures when you get you bike back, and share your thoughts!
D2
Savage1
Posted 2014-12-14 5:45 PM (#169115 - in reply to #167454)

Puddle Jumper

Somany,

What's the latest on the Helibars for the Vision, can you tell me..

How much more pullback (if any) than the stock bars will they have.

Will they have any any bends to give them some style or will they stick straight out at you like their CC Bars, which to me are very ugly.

Thanks for any feedback

Edited by Savage1 2014-12-14 6:01 PM
Bodacious
Posted 2014-12-19 4:35 PM (#169156 - in reply to #167454)
Subject: RE: HeliBars handlebars for Victory Vision

Cruiser

Wichita, KS
Somanyroads Thanks so much for providing your bike for the prototype design of the Heli bars for Visions. With only a few options on the market (Apes and too far backs) I look forward to hearing more on the design they come up with. It makes perfect sense for the ultimate touring bike to have the bar adjustability to match the wide range of rider stants and conditions, tight curves to long open roads.
BBQWIZ
Posted 2014-12-20 7:22 AM (#169162 - in reply to #167454)

Cruiser

ROCHESTER,NY
I agree with ya Bodacious. The first question I asked at the dealer was, "do the bars adjust"? With so many types and sizes of riders ,WHY would anyone put a fixed pair of handlebars on such a futuristic machine.All the time and effort that went into making the Vision, WTF!
somanyroads
Posted 2014-12-28 3:36 PM (#169238 - in reply to #167454)

Puddle Jumper

Wiscasset, ME
I'm still waiting and I probably won't get my bike back until spring. You can go to the HeliBar website and they will show you how their bars work. Usually their bars adjust front to back and inward and outward. They have adjustments with Allen screws and swivel joints, ( not sure how to describe it) just above your handlebar switches and controls. They do make good products. I have bought their Honda ST 1300 and Can Am Spyder bars before. The company has been in business for many years. They always set up sales and installation booths at all the big motorcycle rally's. I will let you know when I find out more. :-)
Posted 2015-03-19 7:50 AM (#171324 - in reply to #167454)

Tourer

Any word on the bars yet?
I friend put them on his Cross Country last year, I was very impressed with their capabilities.
somanyroads
Posted 2015-04-08 10:12 AM (#171720 - in reply to #171324)

Puddle Jumper

Wiscasset, ME
Sorry no word yet! HeliBars did call and said it would be the end of April now. I'm anxiously awaiting to get my bike back. Of course we still have snow on the ground so it hasn't mattered too much! LOL
nailer
Posted 2015-04-23 5:18 PM (#172069 - in reply to #171720)

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
Looks like their bars for the Vision are now available. Looks like you mail in your existing bars and they modify them. Will inquire why the '08's aren't listed. (Probably because of the shape of the bars) Doesn't sound like their model is adjustable.

https://www.helibars.com/product/victory-vision-tour-2009-2015-modif...

Edited by nailer 2015-04-23 5:28 PM
okie vision
Posted 2015-04-23 6:16 PM (#172075 - in reply to #167454)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Nor will my chrome bars come back to me chrome. Looks like black powdercoat is it.
Bodacious
Posted 2015-04-24 12:44 PM (#172088 - in reply to #172075)

Cruiser

Wichita, KS
Dangit! Reads like yet another set of bars made for the reach and height challenged. Have been looking for a set of bars that are not set further back, but elevated somewhere between stock and all the other ape hangers
out there. Every since this thread was posted, I was really hoping Helibar would be the difference.
S'ok, s'ok .... Jus give me a minute.......There, s'all good!

Edited by Bodacious 2015-04-24 12:47 PM
okie vision
Posted 2015-04-25 12:20 PM (#172106 - in reply to #167454)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Ha! so the search continues
Savage1
Posted 2015-04-25 10:57 PM (#172108 - in reply to #167454)

Puddle Jumper

There very dissapointing, I was fully expecting a set of their signature trick looking fully adjustable bars and they trot out these.

No sale here.........
somanyroads
Posted 2015-04-27 1:39 PM (#172140 - in reply to #171720)

Puddle Jumper

Wiscasset, ME

As you can see I got my Vision back, that is my bike on the HeliBars web site. To be honest I was dissapointed because the handlebars were not adjustable as I was told they would be. I spoke with Harry the owner and he explained to me why they could not make them that way, due to the engineering design and the fairing. That being sid, I'm very happy with the final results. They are at a perfect height and angle for me. He is a description from the HeliBars web site of just what they did and the cost to have your done if wanted? 

Description: 

Designing an improved replacement handlebar for the Victory Vision posed some very big challenges due to the manufacturers’ design.  We found it more cost effective to modify the stock handlebars rather than produce a replacement bar for this model.  The HeliBar is a modified version of the stock bar, improving wrist angles and reach to give you superior handling and comfort. 

The hand built HeliBar modification works with all factory cables, hydraulics and wires.  The modification brings the grips 2” closer and rotates the outer angle of the grips down 6 degrees (1&rdquo for less pressure and a more natural wrist angle. 

How do we do that?  It’s easy…we are the experts!

• The stock bars are stripped of their finish. 
  • The bar risers are severed, a two inch piece of tubing with backing sleeves is installed and a fixture repositions the bar tubes precisely. 
  • The joints are expertly TIG welded with 100% penetration. 
  • Once cooled, the welds are blended down and finely sanded and a new durable black powder coat finish is applied.

Option 1:         We modify your stock handlebars.                             $349.00+ Shipping

• You ship your stock bars to HeliBars to modify with a 4-6 day* turn around time.

*Turn around time based on Mon-Fri business hours and doesn’t include shipping transit time.  Weekends & Holidays not included in turn around time.

(Turn around time is subject to change seasonally without notice.)

Option 2:         We provide a core handlebar to start.                        $599.00**+ Shipping

• HeliBars will produce and ship the HB13098 to your door. 
  • **When you return the stock bars to us you will be credited the Core Charge of $250.00.  The bar returned MUST BE part number 1017950-266 (from 2012-2015 motorcycle).  Handlebars from 2009-2011 (P/N:  1016749-266) cannot be used as they are an aluminum bar.  Core Charge will not be refunded if P/N:  1016749-266 is returned.   Bar must be received back within 21 days for a core charge refund.    

P/N:  HB13098, To order call (207) 625-4642 or email Quality@HeliBars.com

dr_reloader
Posted 2015-05-01 3:36 PM (#172191 - in reply to #172088)

Tourer

, FL United States

Bodacious - 2015-04-24 12:44 PM Dangit! Reads like yet another set of bars made for the reach and height challenged. Have been looking for a set of bars that are not set further back, but elevated somewhere between stock and all the other ape hangers out there. Every since this thread was posted, I was really hoping Helibar would be the difference. S'ok, s'ok .... Jus give me a minute.......There, s'all good!

+1

johnnyvision
Posted 2015-05-01 5:54 PM (#172193 - in reply to #167454)

Visionary

what scares me is all the joints and bolts. At 80mph I don't want some part of the bar coming loose or shifting on me
BBQWIZ
Posted 2015-05-02 8:10 AM (#172202 - in reply to #167454)

Cruiser

ROCHESTER,NY
I am having a friend do the exact same thing to a set of crashed bars I bought. Cut, dowel placed in.Attatched,ground,finished$350. Find yourself a master welder,fabricator.
DarthMonolith
Posted 2015-05-05 2:22 PM (#172253 - in reply to #167454)

Puddle Jumper

Great Mills, MD
Witchdoctors offers a new set of handlebars, 0 up 2" back or 1" up and 2" back for $329 and $349
AdventureN
Posted 2015-05-23 3:16 AM (#172509 - in reply to #172140)

Puddle Jumper

Duncan, BC Canada
Thanks for the heads up on these bars. Like the idea the stock type of bar is used. And also the turn down on the grips by 6 degrees or one inch at end of bar. With the 2 inch pull back for more relaxed riding.

I ordered a pair on Thursday, after talking to Harry at HeliBars about their process for modifying the bars. Sounds good.

You say the new bars fit you perfect? Hope you are 6 ft. tall with 34 inch arms.

Looking forward to getting the new bars in a couple weeks. Thanks for letting them use your bike as a test vehicle.

Les

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™