You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

XM question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

roadstarcape
Posted 2008-09-18 8:20 AM (#18268)
Subject: XM question

Puddle Jumper

Cape Cod Ma.
I installed the XM radio and the main harness last night and it is not working properly. When you turn the key on the FM, AM, WB, and the Ipod work correctly. When you select the XM it appears to operate correctly the display is correct and it finds the preview channel but there is no sound coming out of the speakers. If you switch to the other sources they all work except there is no sound on FM. The sound is fine on the AM,WB, and Ipod. Even the GPS sound works correctly but the XM and FM have no sound out. If I turn off the key and turn it back on then the FM works correctly again and has sound out until I switch the source to XM and then the FM does not have any sound out until I turn the key off and back on again.
I suspect that the software in the main radio is not updated or there is something wrong with the main radio because the FM is affected. Has anyone seen this problem? I would like to avoid going to the dealer after I installed something to get it working. Please let me know if you have any input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
buddahead
Posted 2008-09-20 11:27 PM (#18419 - in reply to #18268)
Subject: Re: XM question

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
Did you activate your XM service subscription?
roadstarcape
Posted 2008-09-22 9:14 AM (#18519 - in reply to #18268)
Subject: RE: XM question

Puddle Jumper

Cape Cod Ma.
I have not activated the subscription yet. The preview channel should have audio on it even before the subscription is active. There is no sound on either the XM or the FM so activayed probably won't help. I have an appointment to drop her off at the dealer tomorrow so hopefuly updating the software revisions will help.
Thank you,
misterclean911
Posted 2008-09-23 8:22 PM (#18686 - in reply to #18268)

Puddle Jumper

shelbyville tennessee
Did you check the mute button?
roadstarcape
Posted 2008-09-24 11:35 AM (#18759 - in reply to #18268)

Puddle Jumper

Cape Cod Ma.
Yes I did check the mute button. The left hand controls on my bike have been replaced and they work perfectly. The problem is very repeatable and only affects FM and XM. Thank you,
roadstarcape
Posted 2008-09-25 8:19 AM (#18868 - in reply to #18268)

Puddle Jumper

Cape Cod Ma.
The victory tech says that the XM module is bad. They are getting a new from Victory and I should have my bike back early next week. I am assuming that this is covered under warranty even though I installed it myself. I will find out when I go to pick it up.
On another subject I have experienced the total loss of electrical power 3 times and the service department couldn't find anything wrong. I told them about the loose nuts recall that I saw on this forum and after finding the recall they tightened the nuts. Hopefully this is solved.
roadstarcape
Posted 2008-10-14 1:04 PM (#20694 - in reply to #18268)

Puddle Jumper

Cape Cod Ma.
My bike has been at the dealer for this problem for 3 weeks now. The service manager called today and told me that the radio manufacturer told him that none of the XM modules are working in the visions and that they will be coming out with a solution in the future but he does not know when. This after they have had my bike for 3 weeks. This is the worst service that I have ever recieved on any motor vehicle. I am picking my bike up today and the XM is still not working.
I love the Vision but this type of service will kill a company. If Polaris does not get their act together they will not be selling bikes for very much longer.
rmclarty
Posted 2008-10-14 2:14 PM (#20702 - in reply to #18268)

Cruiser

Sugar Land, TX (Outside of Houston)
Agree - Service makes the difference. When I picked my Vision up after the 500 mile service, there were greasy fingerprints on the front rim. Had I noticed it when I picked it up, they would have been on their hands and knees cleaning it. Now I take the time before I leave service to see if anything is not right. I am not asking for free detailing everytime they service it, but at least keep it as clean as when I brought it in.

When I bought my Suzuki Volusia in 2003, the first service was a minor oil change, but it came back with all the major joints lubed, new tie straps where I had removed a couple not knowing they needed to be there and completely clean. Needless to say - They got my business and still do on the Suzuki.

Richard

Edited by rmclarty 2008-10-14 2:15 PM
amessen
Posted 2008-10-16 11:54 AM (#20871 - in reply to #18268)

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
I am a little late on the post but funny I was riding along listening to America on channel 10 of my XM which plays old or classic country if you will and I thought it was working just fine but silly me what do I know if none of them work. Boy do I ahve a vivid imagination. Archie

PS Mine worked out of the box no problems so if they say none of them work that is just Horse Hockey ALM
roadstarcape
Posted 2008-10-22 10:55 AM (#21331 - in reply to #18268)

Puddle Jumper

Cape Cod Ma.
After the last dealer having my bike for 3 weeks and then telling me that "none of them work" I dropped it off at another dealer yesterday. One and a half hours later they called and said that the radio would not accept the new flash and that a new radio was on the way from Polaris. I will wait and see how long it takes to get the new radio and call me to pick up the bike but so far this dealer is much better than the last. Maybe the problem is dealer related and not Polaris related. I certainly hope so because I love this motorcycle. I have owned many bikes of all types over the years and have purchased 7 in the last 5 years. This is the first one that I didn't need to change the handle bars, seat and a lot of other parts to make it comfortable. the Vision is "just right" and if I have found a dealer that is good life will be perfect.
roadstarcape
Posted 2008-10-27 10:50 AM (#21720 - in reply to #18268)

Puddle Jumper

Cape Cod Ma.
My XM now works as it was intended to work. The main radio did need to be replaced. The second dealer that I took it to diagnosed the problem right away and had a new radio installed and working in a reasonable time frame. I am very pleased with Armands Polaris in Bridgewater MA. This has been my only experience with them but as of right now they will be my dealer.
space_cwboy
Posted 2008-11-02 9:06 AM (#22281 - in reply to #18268)

Cruiser

Evergreen, CO
roadstarcape -

You are doing us all a great service! First, by pointing out the issues you have with a newly installed accessory, so if any of us do the same, and experience the same problems, it can easily be identified. Second, pointing out how "bad dealer service" is experienced, followed by the steps encountered for "good dealer service". Third, naming names, especially for "good dealer service" names and locations. Although I live WAY too far away to take advantage of #3, I'm sure there are others on this forum that will benefit greatly from your dealer recommendation.

Thanks again!
david.terry
Posted 2008-11-02 12:57 PM (#22291 - in reply to #18268)

Cruiser

Madison, AL
All of my accessories have worked and I have not had the horror stories many here have. I don't think it is luck but having a good dealership. Mine is JPM in Hopkinsville, KY. They have always done an excellent job and go out of their way to ensure stuff is done right. The head mechanic owns a Vision and that is always a good thing, to know that the mechanic has experience with your make and model.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™