You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

HELP! Loydz timing system
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Oldman47
Posted 2014-08-31 3:33 AM (#165692 - in reply to #165666)
Subject: Re: HELP! Loydz timing system

Tourer

Central Illinois

johnnyvision - 2014-08-29 7:09 PM Like I said the wheel only works up to 2500 rpms. If your noise is higher up then that its not the wheel. The top filter being open you'll here 100% more noise. Your VFC might have been set to lean and you were hearing pinging. If you live where there is a good tuner like Rylan or Lloydz or Kevinx go see them or call them they are guys that like to help others

Total BS.The timing wheel has no input for engine RPM. It does its thing from zero to infinity. A Power Commander cannot affect timing below 2500 RPM but that does not mean that the ATS stops working at that point.

Think about it this way, because it is reality, a timing wheel works by telling your ECM that the crank is at a different position than where it really is. The ECM reacts to the position signal in its usual fashion which results in an advance or retard based on what it sees, as affected by the timing wheel setting. With my wheel set at +3 my ECM sees my engine about 3 degrees retarded from where it actually is and responds accordingly with a spark using that time as its signal. That results in a +3 degree spark compared to the OEM setting. It is purely mechanical and cannot do anything with respect to any RPM. It keeps right on lying to the ECM from idle to infinity.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
marcparnes
Posted 2014-08-31 1:11 PM (#165703 - in reply to #165525)

Iron Butt

Exactly and explained perfectly!

Marc
byufan
Posted 2014-09-14 8:33 PM (#165880 - in reply to #165525)

Puddle Jumper

Update: Took the bike into my dealer yesterday. The mechanic I trust was working and agreed to take it for a spin. He said that he heard what I described and that he doesn't think anything is wrong, just that there is a lot more noise that comes from the intake with the top filter. He said that they have installed several timing wheels and top filters and have had no problem with them.

I hope to get exhaust soon, and then hopefully next summer head out to the Vic shop for cams and a Dyno tune.
wingit3611
Posted 2014-09-15 8:59 AM (#165889 - in reply to #165692)

Cruiser

"It does its thing from zero to infinity".  Guess you didn't like my max rpm (5400) for a STOCK bike.  But your's is a good discription also. I liked it.

ljurgens
Posted 2014-09-15 7:10 PM (#165905 - in reply to #165525)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
Moved my ATS to +6 tonight, took it for a spin and whoa... I thought +4 was good, but +6 really woke it up! No pinging, but it is 60 degrees here right now and I didn't have much of a load on it. I'll keep an eye on it, but I like it.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™