You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

TURN SIGNAL TROUBLE!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

CMGEE2222
Posted 2014-08-15 11:37 AM (#165272)
Subject: TURN SIGNAL TROUBLE!

Puddle Jumper

South River, NJ United States
So here's my problem. I removed the trunk from my 2012 VV, rode a couple of months without it then my wife decided we should go on a road trip. So I put the trunk back on and now my turn signals don't work properly. Any time I activate a turn signal (left or right) I get the 4ways! I thought that maybe I pinched a wire or something so I removed the trunk again checked all the wires I could see and still the same problem even without the trunk now!

Has anyone else had this or a similar problem and does anyone have any possible solutions!!!???

Black 2012 Victory Vision Tour
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Thomas
Posted 2014-08-15 12:35 PM (#165275 - in reply to #165272)
Subject: Re: TURN SIGNAL TROUBLE!

Central Wisconsin
I think the turn signal system blinks faster then the normal rate if a bulb is out or a short in the circuit.
Not sure why your 4ways would activate.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-08-15 1:44 PM (#165278 - in reply to #165272)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't remove my trunk. But I had this same thing happened to me this spring.. for me it was a short..

I would 1st check the connections that you unplugged and reconnected when connected the trunk back up. Make sure nothing is "in there" in between the connection points. For me. Mine went away when I removed the turn signal switch and cleaned it.. after I did that. It has been working ever since..
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-08-16 6:07 AM (#165299 - in reply to #165272)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i forgot to mention i also had a fuse that "popped" it was one next to the left front turn signal.
CMGEE2222
Posted 2014-08-18 9:26 PM (#165401 - in reply to #165272)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the feedback. Bike is at the dealer now. Let you know how I make out.
northstar
Posted 2014-08-26 8:58 AM (#165585 - in reply to #165272)

New user

What did you find? Mine now has a problem where the right signal does not work and the cancel button activates the left signal. The four way flashers work correctly. I found a test process in the manual that doesn't work. The dealer went through the switches but we decided to wait to head into the flasher module under the console. I couldn't find anything visually wrong under the console. I need to revisit the wiring going to the trunk. It's been about 5000 miles since I had the trunk off this spring.

Thanks,
Jon
CMGEE2222
Posted 2014-08-28 4:51 PM (#165642 - in reply to #165272)

Puddle Jumper

Well a week later, just got the bike back. Dealer said it was a problem that was caused when the bike was assembled. A bundle of connections that was supposed to be soldered wasn't and the connection finally failed and grounded out. They fixed it. The right way. No-Charge! Great guys at Rollin' Fast Cycles in Lebanon NJ. To their credit they did not originally assemble the bike. They got it already assembled from another dealer because I wanted an all black 2012 VV.
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-08-28 8:34 PM (#165648 - in reply to #165272)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Yep, a bad ground will also cause this issue including one that isn't tight
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™