You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Downloading maps to your Zumo 660
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

39 chev
Posted 2014-07-27 5:36 PM (#163647)
Subject: Downloading maps to your Zumo 660

Puddle Jumper

Pillager, MN

I posted this over on another Victory forum, but I thought I'd post it here.  It works great for even an old guy like me!  I was looking hard to find an easy way to download a map with MY choice of route (usally NOT the shortest or fastest one) and somewhere I read that this website worked well.  As you probably know, Harley also uses a re-branded Zumo 660 as their factory GPS.

I hate to say it, but Harley-Davidson's route planning website is the answer to download a custom map to your Zumo 660. 

I'm not very "techy", converting files to other formats, etc. to download them to my Garmin 660, so I was searching for another way to import trips to my 660.  This works effortlessly.  You might have to sign up (I don't remember if I had to), but you just do your route just like Google maps and then click "sync with GPS" and it does it all for you.  Just took a trip over to the U.P. and Wisc. and it worked for the whole trip.  Each time you add a destination, it loads to your GPS as a individual trip (I saved mine as "UP Trip", so the GPS showed "UP Trip 1, UP Trip 2, etc.")

Good Luck!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2014-07-28 4:43 AM (#163666 - in reply to #163647)
Subject: Re: Downloading maps to your Zumo 660

Visionary

Thanks. Checking it out now. Google Maps don't let you save anymore and Garmin Base Camp blows bilge water.
lichla1988
Posted 2014-07-28 3:05 PM (#163683 - in reply to #163647)

Puddle Jumper

I use this one from Honda. I can map the entire route out and follow it using this http://tripplanner.honda.com/ I generally map out my route and put a pin at each turn so my garmin will not change the route.
luterdan
Posted 2014-07-28 3:40 PM (#163684 - in reply to #163647)

Cruiser

Marietta, GA
I agree Base Camp isn't ideal, but if you spend enough time with it, you can get it to do what you want - spend time to learn and watch the videos, and plan out a few routes. "we have come to an understanding of how to work together in semi-harmony". I tried the harley planner, and having every waypoint be a different destination, just made entering a route too complex.
ljurgens
Posted 2014-07-28 4:47 PM (#163686 - in reply to #163683)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

lichla1988 - 2014-07-28 3:05 PM I use this one from Honda. I can map the entire route out and follow it using this http://tripplanner.honda.com/ I generally map out my route and put a pin at each turn so my garmin will not change the route.

I was expecting this to be the same as the harley one, but it seems to be better. I just downloaded a gpx file, I'm going to go check it on the bike...

39 chev
Posted 2014-07-28 6:07 PM (#163691 - in reply to #163684)

Puddle Jumper

Pillager, MN

luterdan - 2014-07-28 3:40 PM I agree Base Camp isn't ideal, but if you spend enough time with it, you can get it to do what you want - spend time to learn and watch the videos, and plan out a few routes. "we have come to an understanding of how to work together in semi-harmony". I tried the harley planner, and having every waypoint be a different destination, just made entering a route too complex.

Every waypoint does not make a different destination, only if you add a destination in the left column do you get an different destination.  So, in my case, I was on a 5 day trip with 5 different destinations, so my it created 5 individual maps. I had many waypoints in each route.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into using this site, I just wanted riders to know that it worked great for me (and I'm not technical at all).

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™