You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Electric Cloths ????
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

GnAontheRoad
Posted 2008-08-25 7:51 PM (#16932)
Subject: Electric Cloths ????

Cruiser

Harrisburg, PA
I recently purchased electric vests and Pants for our up coming trip. The power source is supposed to connect to the battery. Well problem is the power supply is not long enough to reach from the battery up to the passenger.

Any body know if I can run a single source with a heavy gauge wire from the battery to under the seat and power both sets of cloths without a problem?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
radioteacher
Posted 2008-08-26 11:12 AM (#16969 - in reply to #16932)
Subject: Re: Electric Cloths ????

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Have the accessory power jacks installed. One for the dash and one on the tour pack under the right rear speaker.

Paul
dwhite28
Posted 2008-08-26 1:13 PM (#16973 - in reply to #16932)

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States
Please go to

http://www.powerletproducts.com

You will find everything you need to properly connect your heated clothing in a safe manner without overloading any wiring.
tylerdang
Posted 2008-09-29 10:02 PM (#19298 - in reply to #16932)
Subject: RE: Electric Cloths ????

Puddle Jumper

I went to the hardware store & got 16ga regular appliance cord & spiced the gehring contol wires to get to all the way to the battery (make sure to check polarity). Plugged in two heated jackets & (separate controlers) & they worked fine in 450 miles of rain & cold a couple of weeks ago. I did find that if I ran the heated seats & handlebar heaters along w/ the HID light, the alternator would not keep up. I turned off the HID & then the alt. would keep up. I believe I've got the standard 50A alternator.

For whatever it is worth.
Dan
jama
Posted 2008-09-29 10:22 PM (#19300 - in reply to #16932)

Cruiser

Arkansas
I thought you had an electric cloth! I was very curious. Then I see you have two cloths! I read on... ah... clothes.
Teach
Posted 2008-10-06 9:47 PM (#20043 - in reply to #16932)

Visionary

I'm just wondering why folks are not using the powerlet connectors in the trunk and glovebox to run heated gear?
visionbob
Posted 2008-10-08 10:01 AM (#20157 - in reply to #20043)

Cruiser

Cumming, GA
Just curious!!!!

Since the Vision generates SO MUCH heat, why would anyone need heated clothing??????
okthenbye
Posted 2008-10-08 10:29 AM (#20159 - in reply to #16932)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
The location of the power outlets are not very convenient for heated clothing. I have a Gerbing heated jacket liner but hardly ever use it. Firstgear makes a 1 peice insulated suit that zips and seals very well. Waterproof also. It is like riding in the summertime when it is below freezing, no need for electric.
jama
Posted 2008-10-08 11:26 AM (#20163 - in reply to #16932)

Cruiser

Arkansas
I do use the outlet in the glove box for my Gerbings gear. Just plugged in a short BMW to Coax
converter and velcroed my "heat troller" in there. Ran the jacket wire cross the frame- comes out under
the right side of the front of seat. Perfect for plugging in to my liner. When it's warm I just tuck it along
the underside of the seat in the groove on top of the silver side panel. When I want to throw another log
on the fire, I just open the glove box and turn the knob.
donetracey
Posted 2008-10-08 1:29 PM (#20170 - in reply to #16932)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
When I ordered my Vision, I specified dual outlets for pilot/co-pilot for that purpose. My bike came from dealer with one outlet just under the front of driver's seat, and the other between the heated seat controls. Very easy for both of us to plug/unplug.
Little nippy in Vancouver this morning - I arrived at work with warm bum - cold nose. Winter is coming.....
sonicbluerider
Posted 2008-10-08 1:35 PM (#20171 - in reply to #16932)

Tourer

, IA
my dealer took my gerbling electric plug and hooked it into a wire right in front of the seat under that panel it looks like a little dickey sticking up but sure workes good
VaParadox
Posted 2008-11-16 8:33 AM (#23392 - in reply to #16932)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
My dealer installed twin sockets on the lower portion of the center console under the radio controls. It gives that big silver area a bit of a pop, and makes simple install of anything you need powered. I can run two heated sets from there but who needs it with the heat of the Visn in Virginia, the lowers ,grips and seat keep me warm......... not to mention my charming personality...

Edited by VaParadox 2008-11-16 8:33 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™