You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

ANY RUMERS OUT THERE ON THE 2015 VISION
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

TimS
Posted 2014-07-24 8:23 PM (#163570 - in reply to #163558)
Subject: Re: ANY RUMERS OUT THERE ON THE 2015 VISION

Iron Butt

Oldman47 - 2014-07-24 2:33 PM MGOBLUE, A Road Glide, really? HD stopped selling those things over a year ago....

FWIW, HD dropped the Road Glide for a year while they are re-designing it.  It is supposed to be re-introduced in 2015. 

Hopefully it will have more than just a new paint job =).

UPDATE: From this preview, it doesn't look like much is different.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/harley-davidson/scoop-2015-harley-davidson-road-glide-spied.html

Edited by TimS 2014-07-24 8:30 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mgoblue
Posted 2014-07-25 2:53 AM (#163579 - in reply to #153994)

Cruiser

The new ones will have the infotainment system and the Peoject Rushmore engines with the Ultra touring having the liquid cooled heads. Guys i'm not here to bash i just still enjoy this site and the insight. Yeah i liked my Vision but i love my RG. Now on the other hand my wifes Cross Country is pretty bad ass.
lstayner
Posted 2014-07-28 7:32 PM (#163693 - in reply to #153994)

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
Two color options? Could this spell the end? Seems like when Polaris starts minimizing the color, they kill the model within a year or two. That would just plain suck!
IndyVision
Posted 2014-07-28 8:58 PM (#163695 - in reply to #153994)

Tourer

Ah yes, just what they did with the Kingpin
VIKVISE
Posted 2014-07-28 9:16 PM (#163696 - in reply to #153994)
Subject: RE: ANY RUMERS OUT THERE ON THE 2015 VISION

Puddle Jumper

Stoughton, WI
Just looked at the 2015 Victorys & Indians, one word - DISAPPOINTING - A LOT OF HIPE WITH VERY PREDICTABLE CHANGES. NOTHING NEW OR GROUND BREAKING
Oldman47
Posted 2014-07-28 10:21 PM (#163704 - in reply to #163570)

Tourer

Central Illinois

TimS - 2014-07-24 8:23 PM

Oldman47 - 2014-07-24 2:33 PM MGOBLUE, A Road Glide, really? HD stopped selling those things over a year ago....

FWIW, HD dropped the Road Glide for a year while they are re-designing it.  It is supposed to be re-introduced in 2015. 

Hopefully it will have more than just a new paint job =).

UPDATE: From this preview, it doesn't look like much is different.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/harley-davidson/scoop-2015-harley-davidson-road-glide-spied.html

Be careful what you read there. They are talking about new ABS brakes. Even my 2011 shark had those.

XRsteve
Posted 2014-07-29 7:25 AM (#163709 - in reply to #153994)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
We Vision people are a loyal bunch, mostly because the product is outstanding. Yes the styling ( very Art Deco) isn't for everyone, neither was Vincent's Black Prince. Comfort and function are next to none and probably superior to all, I've owned a Harley RG put 53,000 miles on it and it's not even close in comfort to my Visions. I've test ridden our cousin Indian Chieftain 3 times and it's not nearly as comfortable and wind protection was lacking to say the least, Even a XCT doesn't have the comfort and wind protection of a Vision. It would be nice to redsign the bags for more top loading lids and even just 20% bigger would make a difference. That and some newer electronics, people like that these days......A bigger engine (112 or 114) for bragging rights would be nice for the whole Victory line up OR offer one as a premium upgrade.

Edited by XRsteve 2014-07-29 7:28 AM
rcb
Posted 2014-07-30 8:46 AM (#163746 - in reply to #153994)

Puddle Jumper

So. Indiana
Funny you mention the Chieftan. I've not ridden one, but like the styling a lot. I was not impressed with the Roadmaster though. I guess I was just expecting styling to match the train inspired fairing (I do like that). Of course, I'm also not a fan of keyless ignitions. I'd still like to try one out.
lstayner
Posted 2014-07-30 9:02 AM (#163748 - in reply to #163746)

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
rcb - 2014-07-30 8:46 AM

Funny you mention the Chieftan. I've not ridden one, but like the styling a lot. I was not impressed with the Roadmaster though. I guess I was just expecting styling to match the train inspired fairing (I do like that). Of course, I'm also not a fan of keyless ignitions. I'd still like to try one out.

My wife just bought a Chieftain. I put the 1st 200 miles on it. She had the low heated seat installed which made it a bit short for my 5'-9" frame. Wind management is pretty good overall. We did add the flip windshield which I think makes a big difference. The keyless ignition is nice because you don't have to dig keys out of your pocket. If you forget the key fob or it gets lost, you can still start the bike with a code.

The bike has a great low end but I can still run away from her on the Vision by 3rd gear though.
rcb
Posted 2014-07-30 12:41 PM (#163762 - in reply to #153994)

Puddle Jumper

So. Indiana
Nice! I wondered how the wind management is. I commute on my bikes. 109 miles a day, so wind protection is a plus. What type of mileage are you seeing? The few I've talked to give the "I don't care about mileage" responses... but as my bikes work for a living, I do care. :D

Good that hear you can start it with a code. I'd like to see a redundant key start. The problem with all these electrical do-dads is that they are not reliable once you've had them for a while. That and I'll also skip on having a rf transponder constantly hunting for my fob. I've been locked out of my car before when the security computer decided to give up its ghost. Nothing wrong with the car... just the security portion. I know they build their cars for people that buy new ones every three years, but I can't afford that. I typically keep a vehicle till it's utterly dead, motorcycles included.

It is kind of convenient in some ways, but give me long term reliability any day. Is the classic keyless too?

Edited by rcb 2014-07-30 12:42 PM
TimS
Posted 2014-07-30 8:04 PM (#163784 - in reply to #163478)
Subject: RE: ANY RUMERS OUT THERE ON THE 2015 VISION

Iron Butt

huts'putt - 2014-07-21 11:49 AM Another shot.

Arlen's mods looks like a F6B clone without the ears !!!

Edited by TimS 2014-07-30 8:11 PM
rcb
Posted 2014-07-30 8:26 PM (#163787 - in reply to #153994)

Puddle Jumper

So. Indiana
Certainly a different take!
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-06-20 6:40 AM (#184892 - in reply to #153994)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
This past match I was in AZ and test rode a lot of Indian models. I mainly focused on the road master had I have owned 2 vision for 8 years... im so glad I got a chance to demo the road master !! I did not like it at all .!! I felt cramped... and this was the main thing I noticed ... the suspension.... when I would apply the brakes the front end would drive many inches.. I told the Indian demo truck there was something wrong with this bike . So they let me demo another and another one ..and all 3 did the same thing ... it's suspension is very comfortable.. but reminded me of a cadillac, where as my visions suspension compared to the Indian felt more like a Camero. . The RM felt like it was not a bike I would want to go ripping through tight turns on ... I also noticed this ... the RM you sat ON IT , my vision you sit IN IT .. . And then lastly .. in the AZ sun, the orange (or what ever it's called ) display was very hard to see if the sun was behind you ..... I mean bad......
varyder
Posted 2016-06-20 7:37 AM (#184896 - in reply to #153994)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I still have an appeal for an Indian, more for what it represents as far as riding history. The Vision is truly a spoiler and the ultimate bike in comfort for me. While it still requires tenacity to ride any amount of miles on a motorcycle, the Vision makes it easier. Like I asked a Navy Seal Harley rider on his stock seat, "Doesn't that hurt." Being we were on an Iron Butt ride, he replied, "It's suppose to hurt." I've settle to the notion that if I was to go to an Indian, I know it would hurt, but from the roots, it took one tough cookie to ride a motorcycle. I've seen a few old carbed Sportsters for sale around lately and have entertained the thought of getting one for the fun of it. It may sound crazy, but that's the bike I picture in my mind as a biker's bike.
cw1115
Posted 2016-06-20 5:54 PM (#184902 - in reply to #153994)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I rented a Road Master in Vegas and rode to the Grand Canyon. Did about 450 miles on it. While I liked a few things about it, not nearly enough to buy on. The list of dislikes was longer. The trip before that I rented a HD Ultra Classic. Talk about cramped. If I had to choose, I'd prob go Harley. That makes me cringe, but the touch screen navigation is bad ass and the audio is far superior to the Indian. Hopefully I will never have to make that choice. Worst case I get a CC Tour.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™