You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

LED Brake and Turn signals in the trunk
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech ReferenceMessage format

ljurgens
Posted 2014-03-03 7:48 AM (#151896)
Subject: LED Brake and Turn signals in the trunk

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

This mod took about an hour to do and cost about $30 total, including shipping on the following items:

2 each Amber LED strips

1 each Red LED strip

T-Taps, corragated wire loom and 18 guage wire, 

Here are a few pictures of the install. I ran the wires from each strip up into the space between the inner and out lid to keep them out of the way and make for a nice clean install. I'll put a dab of silicone in those holes to seal them up. I drilled a 3/8 hole near the other loom as it exited the inner lid and ran my wires through that. After I fished the wires down through and into the seat area, I pushed a 3/8 plastic wire loom over the wires all the way down to protect this new harness. You see that coming out of the inner lid in the one photo.

I did find that the turn signals were on the two blue wires, the wires are identical in the loom. So it was just a matter of tapping and then connecting to the correct light strip. I bought a 5 wire trailer harness that I plan to wire in so that when I remove the trunk, I can always get this plugged back together very easily. I'll add a picture of the under seat wiring next time I'm under there.

Installled:
Lights installed

Brake light, sorry for the bad picture. 
The strip is centered on the crease in the lid. it ends about a 1/2 inch in from the corner on both sides:
Brake light 

Amber turns:
Amber turn signals 

Installed on the lid:
Installed in lid 

Entering the lid:Closeup of how wires go into the lid

Lower routing past the hinge:
How the loom routes down the hinge 

Amber on both sides:
Amber both sides 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1