You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rust pitting on Chrome tip over
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Breaker
Posted 2008-07-31 2:43 AM (#14785)
Subject: Rust pitting on Chrome tip over

Iron Butt

Western WA
I noticed that I've got a pit - and rust - on the right-side chrome tip over.

Not big, about the size of a pencil eraser but still noticeable. No scratches, or damage, just the spot.

Anyone else have this problem, or pitting with any of the chrome on the bike?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-07-31 9:22 AM (#14806 - in reply to #14785)
Subject: Re: Rust pitting on Chrome tip over

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Yep, the front chromed tip-overs both have pitting but I don't want to have the Vis out of commission (not rideable) to have a warranty claim on them.I would like to have them powercoated black so the sun doesn't reflect off of them into my eyes.Yes, this happens almost every time I ride more than an hour and is VERY annoying. I know, I know! "just put your foot out on it to cover it up" but that doesn't work well when you're stuck in traffic.
varyder
Posted 2008-07-31 12:40 PM (#14818 - in reply to #14806)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

CoolHandLuke - 2008-07-31 9:22 AM Yep, the front chromed tip-overs both have pitting but I don't want to have the Vis out of commission (not rideable) to have a warranty claim on them.I would like to have them powercoated black so the sun doesn't reflect off of them into my eyes.Yes, this happens almost every time I ride more than an hour and is VERY annoying. I know, I know! "just put your foot out on it to cover it up" but that doesn't work well when you're stuck in traffic.

That is the pits. I'm still waiting to hear back about my warranty issues, the dealer said they would call. I have the bike so I'm happy, but my guess is if I was to stop by today, they'd say "I was just going to call you." I have the some pitting but I'm wonder if it really is pitting on mine or just something that can be cleaned off with some scrubbing? You know you've got it bad when you can get off the bike long enough to do warranty claims. Yeah baby!

By the way, has any one come out with a peg or foot rest that would be situated over the tip over? I don't think that the pegs that Vic sells suits me and I want something that would be right forward of the floorboard above the tip over.

Edited by varyder 2008-07-31 12:41 PM
Breaker
Posted 2008-07-31 2:16 PM (#14827 - in reply to #14785)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Next time I wash the bike, I'll take a much closer look and see how deep the pitting goes into the chrome.

But here's the problem - every time I go to wash the bike I end up riding.
varyder
Posted 2008-07-31 2:52 PM (#14830 - in reply to #14827)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Breaker - 2008-07-31 2:16 PM Next time I wash the bike, I'll take a much closer look and see how deep the pitting goes into the chrome. But here's the problem - every time I go to wash the bike I end up riding.

Mine gets washed when it rains and I wipe it down after the ride...

Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-08-02 9:20 PM (#15055 - in reply to #14785)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
When i first got my bike i waxed just about everything. even the chrome. I wonder what is causing this pitting...
varyder
Posted 2008-08-02 10:24 PM (#15063 - in reply to #15055)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Arkainzeye - 2008-08-02 9:20 PM When i first got my bike i waxed just about everything. even the chrome. I wonder what is causing this pitting...

Okay, Here goes. You know that Global Warming thing? Well it caused by many things and it has been determined that motorcycles are a large contributor to GW. Now that is not the only thing either, it is also caused by backyard barbeque and cows passing gas. Now this is a conundrum because of the infatuation with backyard grilling by bikers causes the beef industry to raise more cattle which flatulates. Are you with me so far? Now what is a good grilled steak without some chili beans? So as the bikers consume beans with their grilled steak this also causes biker flatulent which contributes to GW. Now all this GW causes acid rain, which in turns causes pitting in metals including chrome. This sounds like the end of the story but there is more. Because we live in a free country and our current president has done his best to maintain our freedom so that we may ride and have back yard barbeques we can say it is Bush’s fault that the chrome is pitting. But when Clinton takes office and has Gore as VP, GW will be a priority. Together they will cut out the primary reasons of GW so you won’t have to even worry that you have chrome that pits.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™