You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Break bleed question (mityvac pump)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

shane6727
Posted 2014-02-21 12:05 PM (#151579)
Subject: Break bleed question (mityvac pump)

Cruiser

I attach the fitting and pump the gun up to 20 psi, at this point the break fluid is suppose to drain out from the bleed screw. When.i pump 2 20 psi no break fluid comes out and the pressure on the gague never decreases, it just stays at 20 psi. Anyone know why this is happening or what I'm screwing up? Thanks for any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ByteN2it
Posted 2014-02-21 4:37 PM (#151588 - in reply to #151579)
Subject: Re: Break bleed question (mityvac pump)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
Is the reservoir cover off & it's topped off? Are squeezing brake lever/pedal and turning the bleed screw open until you feel the pressure release? I have used nothing but speedbleeders for a long time-my MityVac hasn't seen much action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwAQ2qDQjPg

willtill
Posted 2014-02-21 7:03 PM (#151592 - in reply to #151579)

Visionary

Central Maryland
So the way that you use vacuum bleeders... you open the reservoir and remove the baffle... sop out all of the old brake fluid and pour in fresh brake fluid.... then connect the vacuum hose to the bleed fitting on the caliper... and then crack open the bleed fitting. Then you squeeze the bleeder handle and start the vacuum while replenishing the brake fluid at the reservoir.

When you see clean fluid coming out in the bleeder bottle; stop and tighten the bleed fitting; top off the reservoir and button everything up.

No need to be screwing around with the brake pedal/lever(s) when you are vacuum bleeding the brake system.

You also should not pump the vacuum to 20psi... you'll introduce air into the system via turbulence of the fluid. Keep it low... pump only to 10-12psi instead.

Take your time once you get it to bleed.

Edited by willtill 2014-02-21 7:08 PM
shane6727
Posted 2014-02-22 2:32 AM (#151596 - in reply to #151592)

Cruiser

Thanks for the info, I saw a youtube video where they crank it up to 20 psi then open the bleeder and the fluid runs out. I'm gonna try again using your method. Thanks again
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-02-22 6:16 PM (#151608 - in reply to #151579)

Visionary

What ever you do DON"T let the master cylinder run dry
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™