You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Witchdoctor exhaust
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Daveg53
Posted 2014-02-20 8:06 AM (#151534)
Subject: Witchdoctor exhaust

Puddle Jumper

Vacaville, CA United States
I have a 2013 Vision tour and am considering installing the Witchdoctor mufflers in place of my stock exhaust. I was wondering if anyone can provide some insight as to the difficulty of installation and performance/sound after installation.

Daveg53
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bbrist
Posted 2014-02-24 6:04 AM (#151647 - in reply to #151534)
Subject: Re: Witchdoctor exhaust

Cruiser

I had just completed the switich over to witchdoctor VIS 20 no baffle pipes. If you have the service manual will be a great help. I removed all the panels around the rear to the just under the seat. Removed seat and loosened all clamps and bolts that holds pipe on. Using a strap wrench I was able to rotate the pipe to facilitate the loosening of the pipe from the forward pipe, and using a rubber mallet got the old pipes off. After removal of all the old rust and built up carbon I spread a liberal ampount of high temp anti sieze on the inside of the rear pipe and the connecting forward pipe. In case I did not like the sound it would be easier to remove. After pipes were in place I started to tighten all bolts and clamps. Cleaned up all chrome and panels before re-installing them and now she sounds the way I wanted her to sound. Total job took just under 4 hours to complete. Oh! yea also with the pipes off and I removed the right floor board I installed the Llyod's Timing gear also. (Wish I would have done this earlier). Runs and sounds great to me.
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-02-25 9:09 AM (#151691 - in reply to #151534)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
I'm running Witchdoctor's Perf Voodoo pipes. Sound is awesome...nice low rumble at low RPMs...open it up it growls. I was riding with a HD buddy. Getting on the highway I opened it up. Later he asked me if I had Stage 2 (Harley) pipes installed.
Daveg53
Posted 2014-02-25 9:27 AM (#151693 - in reply to #151534)

Puddle Jumper

Vacaville, CA United States
Thanks for the insight. I'm taking the plunge and ordering them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™