You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

AUX has terrible sound quality
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Handsome_Stranger
Posted 2014-02-16 9:34 PM (#151411)
Subject: AUX has terrible sound quality

Puddle Jumper

Salisbury, MD United States

Tonight I decided to try to pipe Pandora from my Galaxy Note II to my VV though the AUX connector, it had terrible sound quality! I turned the volume to max and I could barely hear it yet if I switched back to FM my ears were blown out. Does anyone in this forum have any experience with using the AUX and if so will you be kind enough to share your experiences/fixes with us?

Thanks.

Edited by Handsome_Stranger 2014-02-16 9:34 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cadillac Bob
Posted 2014-02-16 10:00 PM (#151413 - in reply to #151411)
Subject: RE: AUX has terrible sound quality

Cruiser

Bradenton, FL
I have used mine and it sounds just fine. Have you tried another source or checked the volume output settings on the phone?
Point
Posted 2014-02-16 10:08 PM (#151414 - in reply to #151411)
Subject: Re: AUX has terrible sound quality

Cruiser

I know on my galaxy s4 when you plug into the headset jack it reduces the volume to about 60% you have to turn it back up and clear a message about listening to headphones on hi volume. I have not found a way to disable that yet.
Handsome_Stranger
Posted 2014-02-16 10:32 PM (#151416 - in reply to #151413)
Subject: RE: AUX has terrible sound quality

Puddle Jumper

No Puddle Jumper, I haven't tried another source but I can try my wife's Note II and see what happens.

Handsome_Stranger
Posted 2014-02-16 10:33 PM (#151417 - in reply to #151414)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks Cruiser. I didn't see any messages appearing on my phone but I will try again and see if anything avails itself. I was a bit disappointed to say the least. I love my phone and I love my bike but I want to love them both together!

Ciao.

YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2014-02-17 4:03 PM (#151441 - in reply to #151411)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
When I use my MP3 player on Aux, I have to turn up the volume to the max on my MP3 player. Once I do that, it sounds better than the radio.
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-02-17 6:12 PM (#151443 - in reply to #151411)

Visionary

on my ipod I put sound to max and the vision radio to about 8
Handsome_Stranger
Posted 2014-02-18 5:54 AM (#151461 - in reply to #151411)

Puddle Jumper

I'll try doing that tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion Visionary.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-02-18 9:05 AM (#151467 - in reply to #151411)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
on MY samsung note 2 i have my volume (on the phone) set to right below then message you get on the phone that is a warning about hearing damage when the volume is too high... also... you will want to make sure that 3.5mm cord is plugged in all the way. not just on the phone but into the radio itself.. i use a Extension cord lets all it, on my 3.5 jack. i have one pre ran to the trunk.. and then the female adaptor upfront so if i want to plug my note 2 upfront i can.. (to use as radio or GPS mode.. ) but then if i want to use it in the trunk... for what ever reason.. i think i used to have the cable long enough so the passenger could play with the ipod and control the music with my keeping focus on the text messaging drivers out there.. either way. any time i had issues wth audio quality .. in MY case it was volume level and or connect between the device and the radio itself..
Point
Posted 2014-02-18 10:18 AM (#151469 - in reply to #151411)

Cruiser

Also of note, Sometimes the jack on your phone becomes clogged with pocket lint and other debris causing a bad connection. Some canned air and or a small pick to clean it out may help.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™