You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

MBW LED Front & Rear Lights in Production
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2014-02-03 5:14 PM (#151002 - in reply to #150898)
Subject: Re: MBW LED Front & Rear Lights in Production

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
In Northern California, outside of my riding group and any Victory events or dealerships, I've only seen a handful of Visions, even when I'm driving, I don't see them around. So when I'm riding, I get the strangest looks and lots of thumbs up. It's like riding a custom bike!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
V-rodder
Posted 2014-02-07 7:10 AM (#151095 - in reply to #150898)

Cruiser

Well first of all these aren't the same as the first series. The fronts are damn cool, but the rear ones are just weird looking when not blinking. Also MBW is partnering with Radiantz LED's on these. So that may add some validity that we could see these actually hit the market.

Jim
TRELL
Posted 2014-02-07 3:29 PM (#151100 - in reply to #150898)

Cruiser

will never be on the market for me as it's like someone saying they are going to do something and never doing it. That to me amounts to lying.
V-rodder
Posted 2014-02-09 10:29 AM (#151173 - in reply to #150898)

Cruiser

Re-read their website. Missed the part where they state both front and rear will be in Euro Clear and regular Amber/Red configurations. The clear is shown on their website, thus the weird look. Really want to see the rear lights in red. If Radiantz is making these, then we should see them finally get to market.

Jim

PS - Just checked and Radiantz is showing these on their youtube site.

Edited by V-rodder 2014-02-09 10:52 AM
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-02-09 11:41 AM (#151174 - in reply to #150999)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Oldman47 - 2014-02-03 3:34 PM

The separation issue is a federal law. You got hit because your state actually does inspections based on the law. In many places, like me in Illinois, I would need to get pulled over either for a major issue or for a much more obvious equipment problem before the subject would even come up. They seem to let things be without comment as long as you don't do anything unsafe here. State to state variations definitely come into play for mods that are technically illegal under federal law. An example is exhaust noise. Any exhaust that is noisier than bone stock is illegal under federal law but few places are even close to that strict. The federal law is why almost all after market exhausts are marked for off road use only.

Many years ago when I belonged to a kawasaki group, we had a few guys in our group with loud pipes. We all road down to lake lure, n.c. . These guys never had issues at home (back then) with the volume of their exhausts, that was until we traveled into someone else's back yard. Then we (they) ran into major issues where we were staying for the ralley.. we were there for a week and they were misable because the police were waiting for "this breaking of their law/rule". I remember they had to TRY and drive through town in like 1-2 gears higher to try and decrease the exhaust volume.. I know it's not the same as lights but. What passes in one state might not when your traveling. Silly example. My idiot friend who thinks nothing applies to him.. pa has no helmet law. So we ride into wv. Well they do have a helmet law. So guess what happens. Yep.. He tell the officer, we'll my state doesn't have a helmet so I don't own one.. The cop said. I don't care about your state. Your in my state! Boom! Nailed his arrogant ass.. lol
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-02-10 5:57 AM (#151194 - in reply to #150898)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.exledshop.com/exled-custom-leds/victory/victory-vision-e...
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2014-02-10 6:50 AM (#151196 - in reply to #150898)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
For all the naysayers, MBW is now selling them online directly from their website. You can choose a retrofit kit (where you disassemble the lights) or a complete swap.
http://www.mbwmotorcycle.com/products/vision.html
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-02-10 11:02 AM (#151199 - in reply to #150898)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
cool that didnt take long !!
Nozzledog
Posted 2014-02-10 2:21 PM (#151201 - in reply to #150898)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I see they require a 'Flasher Module' (extra $60) to work with the cruise control. I wonder if it is just a set of resistors and heat sinks, or does it electronically fool the ECU?
nailer
Posted 2014-02-10 3:12 PM (#151202 - in reply to #151201)

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
Don't care for the look of MBW's outer border LED's on the tail lights. Amber lower borders led's on the front look kinda cool. What's up with the their flash rate? Too damn fast. You would think they would take the time to adjust it down to match the vision's flash rate for the videos. I'm liking the exLED layout and flash rate better plus it's $240 cheaper. Waiting for a reviews on both like everyone else.....

Edited by nailer 2014-02-10 3:13 PM
willtill
Posted 2014-02-10 3:27 PM (#151203 - in reply to #150898)

Visionary

Central Maryland
The exLED website says you have to:

"to weatherproof included case as well as shield it from RF signals -and- Computer modules must be positioned as far away from HID ballasts as possible"

How does one "shield" the "included case" from RF signals? I'm fine with everything else...
radiantz
Posted 2014-02-10 3:51 PM (#151204 - in reply to #151201)

Puddle Jumper

Nozzledog - 2014-02-10 2:21 PM

I see they require a 'Flasher Module' (extra $60) to work with the cruise control. I wonder if it is just a set of resistors and heat sinks, or does it electronically fool the ECU?

it is not resistors and heat sinks. We wanted to come up with a solution that will not make heat. We know that this is a high value product and resistors would have work but heat is bad for LEDs. So we figured out how the stock flasher was made and we made our own to work with LEDs. We did have the LEDs boards ready in November but we wanted to have a flasher to ship with the LEDs. So, we held the product for a total solution.

radiantz
Posted 2014-02-10 3:55 PM (#151205 - in reply to #151202)

Puddle Jumper

nailer - 2014-02-10 3:12 PM

What's up with the their flash rate? Too damn fast. You would think they would take the time to adjust it down to match the vision's flash rate for the videos.

The flash rate can be changed with the magnet controller.
we show it in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD92H6o0FiU&feature=share&list=UUoIF...

rdbudd
Posted 2014-02-10 5:31 PM (#151206 - in reply to #151203)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
willtill - 2014-02-10 3:27 PM

"to weatherproof included case as well as shield it from RF signals -and- Computer modules must be positioned as far away from HID ballasts as possible"

How does one "shield" the "included case" from RF signals? I'm fine with everything else...

I'm curious about that too. I have a CB radio and use it a lot. What's 4 watts of RF energy in close proximity to these things going to do?

The other question is will the lights cause RF interference with the CB? As you know, CBs operate using AM, and pick up electrical RF interference.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2014-02-10 5:34 PM
radiantz
Posted 2014-02-11 12:06 PM (#151229 - in reply to #151203)

Puddle Jumper

"to weatherproof included case as well as shield it from RF signals -and- Computer modules must be positioned as far away from HID ballasts as possible" ...........

Just did a test with our new LED light with the HID ballasts. There is no need for a shield from our electronics.
http://youtu.be/db2aO_v75R0

radiantz
Posted 2014-02-11 12:06 PM (#151230 - in reply to #151203)

Puddle Jumper

"to weatherproof included case as well as shield it from RF signals -and- Computer modules must be positioned as far away from HID ballasts as possible" ...........

Just did a test with our new LED light with the HID ballasts. There is no need for a shield from our electronics.
http://youtu.be/db2aO_v75R0
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-02-11 12:31 PM (#151235 - in reply to #150898)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i see the turning signals can be programmed for different rates of flashing. is there any programming for when the brakes are applied? example.. brake light on, brake light on with 3 flash before staying on etc
radiantz
Posted 2014-02-11 12:49 PM (#151236 - in reply to #151235)

Puddle Jumper

Arkainzeye - 2014-02-11 12:31 PM

i see the turning signals can be programmed for different rates of flashing. is there any programming for when the brakes are applied? example.. brake light on, brake light on with 3 flash before staying on etc

yes we have 3 different brake modes. we show it in our video
http://youtu.be/oD92H6o0FiU?t=58s
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-02-11 3:38 PM (#151242 - in reply to #151236)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
radiantz - 2014-02-11 12:49 PM

Arkainzeye - 2014-02-11 12:31 PM

yes we have 3 different brake modes. we show it in our video
http://youtu.be/oD92H6o0FiU?t=58s

oh when i watched that video i misunderstood what i was watching.. i should of read it more closely. i thought i was watching of demo of possible turn signal options. (flashes) i didnt know that was for the brakes.. i think i might have thought that because of only one side doing the flashing in the video..
Monkeyman
Posted 2014-02-11 5:32 PM (#151246 - in reply to #150898)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
I'll just c/p my post from the VMC.

Not sure I'm digging the adjustment method. Adjusting them externally with a magnet is "cool" but I can think of a few things you could accidently get too close to the lights and change just one (or at least put it in "change" mode) without the riders knowledge. (Or maybe not.) I also don't see any mention of a warranty. The fact that they're being marketed by Radianz is a plus. I hope Radianz knows what they're doing. If MBW continues their previous "service and communication" (or lack thereof), it will hurt Radianz' good reputation.

I DO like the DIY price. $415 is something I might eventually be able to afford. Fortunately, I wouldn't be able to even think about spending the money for a while. That means I'll get to see if anyone actually gets their lights, if the quality is any good and if the warranty is honored. I still have some serious doubts about MBW but I'm willing to keep an open mind.
okie vision
Posted 2014-02-11 9:05 PM (#151254 - in reply to #150898)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Radiantz,
For those of us ready to do the DIY kit, could you post or attach directions on splitting the rear lenses? A link even?
I'd like this information to decide which way I want to go on the purchase.
THanks
lova
Posted 2014-02-11 9:11 PM (#151255 - in reply to #150898)

Cruiser

looking good @ Radiantz and MBW!!! great job... i might order both front and rear DIY if i get a 'discount'...if not just the rear
They would look awesome on my Carbon 8 lol!

cheers!

Edited by lova 2014-02-11 9:22 PM
lova
Posted 2014-02-11 9:21 PM (#151256 - in reply to #150898)

Cruiser

Could you guys post a video of a 'drive by' so we can see how they look from a distance? daytime and night time would be great ....i know i am asking too much but i need to be fully satisfied before pulling the trigger

Cheer!

Edited by lova 2014-02-11 9:23 PM
Maverick
Posted 2014-02-12 1:08 PM (#151271 - in reply to #150898)

Cruiser

Cabot Arkansas
Yes more video would really be helpful
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-02-12 1:17 PM (#151272 - in reply to #150898)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
how many LEDs are there in each lens?
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™