You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Torque compensator
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-21 8:23 AM (#13952)
Subject: Torque compensator

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I searched the forum and couldnt find the answers to this.. I seen in reviews of the vision that this is listed as a feature.... What is it and what does it do?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
mkultra
Posted 2008-07-21 3:05 PM (#13973 - in reply to #13952)
Subject: Re: Torque compensator

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Dont know if the Vision has one or not but on my previous other American made bike it basically keeps the drivetrain from slamming. Its eithier a system of rubber grommets/springs that take the shock of the torque application and soften it. Good question, but again dont know if the Vision has such a system or not.....now you got me curious..

mike v
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-21 3:31 PM (#13975 - in reply to #13952)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
when i did a google search and put in victory vision torque compensator, I found reviews of the vision and they mentioned in the reviews that the vision had this.. I just didnt know what it was or what it did...
buddahead
Posted 2008-07-22 12:21 AM (#14023 - in reply to #13952)

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
The Victory torque compensator is a compression spring ramped assembly designed to prevent damage to the motor and gears from power pulses from the engine. The other brand of American motorcycle uses a Hy-Vo type chain, which has a certain amount of inherent slop... with a tensioning slipper which is a high wear (maintenance) part. The early Vic models had a design which made a lot of noise... they have gotten quieter over the years. My Vision's compensator is quieter than the one on my '99 Vic. The Vic torque compensator is a good, dependable system.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-22 8:23 AM (#14036 - in reply to #13952)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
thank you for explaining that.....
neilkf
Posted 2008-07-22 8:47 AM (#14041 - in reply to #14036)

Puddle Jumper

Buddahead, would I be correct in thinking that, as the tensioning slipper wears, backlash in the drive between on and off throttle conditions would get worse. I'm using a Vision with 5k miles and there seems an awful lot of play and noise in the drive between acceleration and deceleration. Where is the adjustment? Sorry - I'm still waiting for delivery of my own bike so I havent got an owners handbook yet.
Cheers
Neil Foreman
buddahead
Posted 2008-07-23 10:45 PM (#14282 - in reply to #13952)

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
neilkf,

Our Vics do not have a tensioning slipper & HyVo chain, the "other" American brand (HD) does. We Victory owners have the gear driven torque compensator... with no adjustment. The good news? Your Vision can probable make that noise for hundreds of thousands of miles!
tralphaz
Posted 2008-07-24 12:58 AM (#14293 - in reply to #14041)

Tourer

neilkf - 2008-07-22 5:47 AM

Buddahead, would I be correct in thinking that, as the tensioning slipper wears, backlash in the drive between on and off throttle conditions would get worse. I'm using a Vision with 5k miles and there seems an awful lot of play and noise in the drive between acceleration and deceleration.
Cheers
Neil Foreman

That play you mention is what keeps things from breaking and is normal, btw, the play on my Vision is much less than the play on my 8-Ball..............
After riding the 8-Ball awhile, I learned to compensate for the slop and had almost forgotten about it until I came across this post.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™