You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Headset cord marks on console: my solution
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

rainmaker
Posted 2008-07-08 11:53 AM (#13118)
Subject: Headset cord marks on console: my solution

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
I was getting marks from the headset cord on the painted cover just below the console. Officially called the rear console cover. it is the triangular piece between the seat and the "bridge" or console that covers the radio, GPS.

So I took a plastic straw, slit it down the side and cut it long enough to fit over the plug end strain relief and end at the point where the wire begins to coil. The put the wire inside and wrapped it with electrical tap.

The straw is just stiff enought to hold the wire off of the cover so it won't mark it, but flexible enoug to not get in the way of cause a safety hazzard.

It sounds tacky but it actually looks pretty good.

Keep it simple!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Indiana RoadRunner
Posted 2008-07-08 7:18 PM (#13145 - in reply to #13118)
Subject: RE: Headset cord marks on console: my solution

Tourer

Dale, Indiana
Got the same problem.
Going to give your idea a try.

Thanks!!

pollolittle
Posted 2008-07-10 10:34 AM (#13290 - in reply to #13118)
Subject: Re: Headset cord marks on console: my solution

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Wouldn't heat shrink look better than tape, should work.
rainmaker
Posted 2008-07-10 12:36 PM (#13295 - in reply to #13290)

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
pollolittle - 2008-07-10 9:34 AM

Wouldn't heat shrink look better than tape, should work.

I just grabbed what I had to see how it would work. Feel free to find a better way and share.
varyder
Posted 2008-07-10 5:42 PM (#13313 - in reply to #13295)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
yeah, same problem here. I solved my for the time being by looping a few coils around the straight part. This tightens up enough to keep it off. I just got to remember to unhook or unhelmet before getting off the sadle. I think I'll try the tape or rapping and see how that'll work. I'm waiting for the day to go blue tooth.
VICTORYTCRIDER
Posted 2008-07-10 8:18 PM (#13328 - in reply to #13118)

Cruiser

Capitol Region of NH
I had a comm system on my TC before the Vision and the way I went about taming this same issue was to use one of those clips that you get with a ID badge for work or a convention. It has a spring clip on one end and a clear plastic that loops back on itself with a snap. I put that on the coiled cord a couple of coils in from the helmet end and would clip it to my coat or shirt or whatever I was wearing. this not only took up the slack so as to not rub on the gas tank but also gave slack so when you turn your head your not pulling on the cord.
rainmaker
Posted 2008-07-10 8:37 PM (#13329 - in reply to #13328)

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
VICTORYTCRIDER - 2008-07-10 7:18 PM

I had a comm system on my TC before the Vision and the way I went about taming this same issue was to use one of those clips that you get with a ID badge for work or a convention. It has a spring clip on one end and a clear plastic that loops back on itself with a snap. I put that on the coiled cord a couple of coils in from the helmet end and would clip it to my coat or shirt or whatever I was wearing. this not only took up the slack so as to not rub on the gas tank but also gave slack so when you turn your head your not pulling on the cord.

That gives me another idea! I have one of those badge holders that has the spring loaded retractable string. hmmmm thinking.... smell the wood burning?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™