You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Anyone else
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Teach
Posted 2008-07-07 2:28 PM (#13035)
Subject: Anyone else

Visionary

sick of taking their Vision in two or more times to get fixed what should have been handled the first time?

Had the bike in for the radio and fitment and belt sqeaul and oil sender lite.

Ok so they couldn't fix the fitment issues so I did it myself.
Couldn't find anything wrong with the radio, but on my trip the hand control quit working entirely, WB wouldn't pick up if I sat on the sending tower, and radio was constantly searching & losing signal. But hey nothing wrong with a bike that has a premium audio system you paid for that doesn't work 90% of the time.

The belt sqeaul while only when wet initially went from occasional to all the time and now its chirping to boot.

The oil sending unit was replaced but I still get the lamp in rain so obviously another bad unit.

Don't get me wrong, I love this bike, but the servicing sucks. So Wednesday my bike will be down for an entire day while they piss around with the radio, align the rear wheel and with it the belt (did I mention the rear tire adjustment guide is upside down on the right side), and order parts the won't have, to fix a problem they won't fix and then it will get to go in again to get those parts put on.

And if that doesn't just make for a happy day I recieved a survey from Victory for the last time it was in, lol..... they aren't gonna like the replies.

rant over..........
Top of the page Bottom of the page
victory2002
Posted 2008-07-07 2:44 PM (#13040 - in reply to #13035)
Subject: RE: Anyone else

Cruiser

Northeast Pennsylvania
I had the squeel.. My belt was actually too loose. Tightened it and after 2000 miles have not had a problem. Make sure your mechanic is adjusting it off the ground. But now the front brakes on a hot day love to squeel. Hopefully soon you will get back to a better frame of mind. Good luck.
TexasVision
Posted 2008-07-07 7:04 PM (#13063 - in reply to #13035)
Subject: RE: Anyone else

Cruiser

Leander,Texas
Sound like you have a servicing issue not manufacturing issue. I would sit down with the manager of the service Dept or owner of the store. Issue on this bike are minimal but if they occur most easily fixable.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-07 10:22 PM (#13085 - in reply to #13035)
Subject: Re: Anyone else

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Your oil light comes on when wet? I wonder where the wires are for that unit. I wonder if they can be sealed better?
Teach
Posted 2008-07-07 11:15 PM (#13091 - in reply to #13035)

Visionary

Ark, The oil sending unit has a vent hole that got drilled/punched wrong. As a result moisture gets in when you ride in rain and you get a dim oil light. You can either gamble and have a new one installed or you can take some silicone to the hole, problem solved. They replaced it with new and I had the same issue next ride in the rain, it got silicone.

Tex, Yes & NO. We all have a manufacturer issue. This is a PREMIUM tour bike that is advertised and costs as such. Almost EVERYONE has radio issues, and the hand control issue and a year in Victory still hasn't resolved the problem. Lets not even get into sound quality from the cheap speakers they installed.
Yes my dealers service department is an issue as well. They are doing the best they can given its a new bike/design. I agree they aren't doing all they should. Better pre-delivery checks are necessary, proper alignment of parts from the factory and having some replacement parts on hand would help. This said even Victory doesn't know what to do with the belt as evident by the spec change added into the owners manual (first year bike thing). Dealers shouldn't need to rebuild every bike they recieve because the assembly folks didn't do a thorough QA check before crating her up.
Funny how we can get worked up over relatively minor stuff, but when you pay top dollar and you are use to very good QA before the purchase and little else after, it really fries your shorts, lol. It will get fixed it just ticks me off because I know its going to be 2 down day, one to find the issue and another to replace the necessary parts.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-08 8:33 PM (#13152 - in reply to #13091)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Teach - 2008-07-07 11:15 PM

Ark, The oil sending unit has a vent hole that got drilled/punched wrong. As a result moisture gets in when you ride in rain and you get a dim oil light. You can either gamble and have a new one installed or you can take some silicone to the hole, problem solved. They replaced it with new and I had the same issue next ride in the rain, it got silicone.

Tex, Yes & NO. We all have a manufacturer issue. This is a PREMIUM tour bike that is advertised and costs as such. Almost EVERYONE has radio issues, and the hand control issue and a year in Victory still hasn't resolved the problem. Lets not even get into sound quality from the cheap speakers they installed.
Yes my dealers service department is an issue as well. They are doing the best they can given its a new bike/design. I agree they aren't doing all they should. Better pre-delivery checks are necessary, proper alignment of parts from the factory and having some replacement parts on hand would help. This said even Victory doesn't know what to do with the belt as evident by the spec change added into the owners manual (first year bike thing). Dealers shouldn't need to rebuild every bike they recieve because the assembly folks didn't do a thorough QA check before crating her up.
Funny how we can get worked up over relatively minor stuff, but when you pay top dollar and you are use to very good QA before the purchase and little else after, it really fries your shorts, lol. It will get fixed it just ticks me off because I know its going to be 2 down day, one to find the issue and another to replace the necessary parts.

Sorry to be a pain in the rear.. but do you have photos of where that is that needs sealed? or could you tell me where on the bike i should be looking.. thanks...
varyder
Posted 2008-07-08 9:58 PM (#13165 - in reply to #13152)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I shared the fact that mine was in nearly 3 weeks for the 15K mile service and some warranty issues. They say they are getting back with me when they hear from Victory. However, they said I will get the new bag covers and there is a download for the radio coming. I don't get much volume and supposibly this will fix that.
Teach
Posted 2008-07-09 12:39 PM (#13200 - in reply to #13035)

Visionary

Ark, I don't want to give you bad info and the bike is in for the repairs right now. So I'll give you exact details as soon as I get it back.
Teach
Posted 2008-07-09 7:06 PM (#13240 - in reply to #13035)

Visionary

Ark, ok I was correct but wanted to make sure. If you look at the rear corner of your motor on the left side you'll see a black rubber boot. That is what covers the sending unit.
Update on the servicing today. First off the alignment guide isn't upside down, its the way victory makes it and the parts breakdown shows it installed. Don't know what they were thinking since its all but impossible to read that way. Anyhow they realigned the rear wheel and adjusted belt tension so the chirping appears cured.
The NEW hand control for the radio to replace the existing bad ones is in final testing this week and will be distributed to dealers on a priority basis. Guess whose bike is at the top of the list, lol.... Guess mine is supposedly way worse than any reported to date.
Victory also has an external antenna for the radio that will be available to vision owners in the works but its not near ready yet. My dealer couldn't tell me if it would be installed as a warranty repair or whether they planned to offer it as an option. I'll be pressing Victory to install it under warranty since the dealers mechanic experienced the same thing as me where reception just cuts out. He couldn't believe just how bad it was.
The oil sending unit got the dielectric grease treatment so it should be ok for a while. Then it will get smeared again to keep the rain induced oil light at bay.
Ok so the bike spent all day at the shop again and the parts are in the mail, ALMOST, lol..... I guess it will get fixed in he long run as Victory gets the new parts made and available. So thats about it....... T
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-09 7:57 PM (#13253 - in reply to #13240)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i talked to my dealer about the antenna also..And when i talked to Victory a couple weeks ago at a ralley. they told me about the antenna and how it was going to mount to the trunk. So i then asked... (drum role please) What about the street models? Where would they mount it.. and the guy got the deer in the head lights look... LOL . I then Told the victory rep that they need to give them antennas out free since the radio never worked in the first place. he said that would be between me and my dealer.. Recently i have been doing the mp3 thing..
IndyVision
Posted 2008-07-09 8:25 PM (#13255 - in reply to #13035)

Tourer

How about it's between the Dealer and Victory? I also heard of a thing called a warrenty. How can you make an engineering / design change to fix a defect and tell the 08 buyers "oh, that's NOT covered under warrenty. Guess your SOL, but thanks for buying the first year and pointing out all the flaws 09 and future buyers won't have to deal with. Feel free to pay for the fixes and thanks for your business."
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™