You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Another iPod cable question.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

bigwill5150
Posted 2008-07-01 10:27 PM (#12714)
Subject: Another iPod cable question.

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Alright...
I read through the forums and didn't see this one addressed directly. I have the schematics to the audio interface. It shows the aux input cable on the same circuit as the optional iPod cable (iPod cable has a few extras for pwr and tx/rx though). Does this mean that I'd have to sacrifice the stock aux plug in lieu of the iPod plug? I'm hoping that it actually breaks out of the cable harness with a separate plug. I haven't been home to tear down the dash yet but I'd like to go ahead and get all this stuff ordered and waiting for me when I get back.
Thanks yet again,
Will
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Teach
Posted 2008-07-01 11:30 PM (#12718 - in reply to #12714)
Subject: Re: Another iPod cable question.

Visionary

Here is the deal. To use the Ipod lead you remove the rubber donut from the storage compartment and then ease the lead out from under the center console where you will see the quick disconnect plug. Unplug the aux lead and remove it, and then reverse the process to install the Ipod lead. Yes it is a one or the other lead setup.
Now you can simply run your Ipod using the aux lead, but you won't have any control of the Ipod via the handlebar controls and it will not charge the Ipod.
Oh and there isn't anything to tear into on the dash. Your owners manual has step by step swap out procedures I believe and the Ipod lead comes with instructions as well. Hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™