You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Scratch in windshield
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-06-28 9:51 PM (#12541)
Subject: Scratch in windshield

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I am a newbie Vision tour premium owner. I have owned the bike for 4 days now. I just got done changing my oil today. Well here is my problem. I went to a stereo shop . I wanted to see if there is anything they could do to improve my Lack of reception. My antenna was fully plugged in and my software says 4.13A HW4. well in removing the brushed alum piece the young kid tried to put it back on and scratched the corner of my windshield. I didnt notice it until i got home. and what makes it worse is, my radio still is the same. They were able to add anything to it to make it better. When i talked to a Victory rep yesterday he claimed they are coming out with a External antenna that mounts on the trunk. I just didnt want to wait for that day since this is a new bike and i almost cant use the radio at all. so my question is. Do you guy have any magic remedies for removing a scratch from a windshield? thanks.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-29 1:07 AM (#12551 - in reply to #12541)
Subject: Re: Scratch in windshield

Iron Butt

Western WA
I've used Novus scratch remover on other windshields and acrylic / plastic products. It's worked well for me. There is a heavy scratch remover, and a fine scratch remover.

Haven't used it on the Vision though.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-06-29 9:53 AM (#12560 - in reply to #12541)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
thank you so much for the quick reply.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-06-29 10:13 AM (#12564 - in reply to #12541)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
which one of these did you use?

Polish Number 2
Novus Plastic Polish No. 2 removes fine scratches, haziness and abrasions from most plastic surfaces. Restores faded and discolored plastics.

Polish Number 3
Novus Plastic Polish No. 3 removes heavy scratches and abrasions from most acrylic surfaces. Contains abrasives, not for use on eyeglasses, polycarbonate, or coated plastics. Final finishing requires Novus No. 2
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-29 9:00 PM (#12580 - in reply to #12541)

Iron Butt

Western WA
I used the #2 fine.
rainmaker
Posted 2008-07-07 10:57 PM (#13089 - in reply to #12541)

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
On a related subject, I've found that minor scrathes and swirl marks can be easily removed with any scratch and swirl remover, like turtlewax scratch and Swirl remover or fine rubbing compound. Just apply it as you would on a painted surface and the wipe off with a soft rag. I used a buffing wheel this weekend and my windsheild looks brand new again (after 10,000 miles)
golfer
Posted 2008-07-08 9:42 AM (#13109 - in reply to #12551)

Cruiser

Breaker - 2008-06-29 1:07 AM

I've used Novus scratch remover on other windshields and acrylic / plastic products. It's worked well for me. There is a heavy scratch remover, and a fine scratch remover.

Haven't used it on the Vision though.

x2 on the Novus. There is actually 3 of them. There is heavy scratch remover and light scratch remover. And in addition, they also have a cleaner that works well. I first used it on a snowmobile shield I thought was wrecked from small scratches. Made it like new. The best part about using Novus on the shields (yes, I use it on the Vision) is that it takes the bugs off completely just like rubbing compound on paint. Higly recommend it!

Use the heavy scratch remover on your scratch and really work it many times over to see if you can get that scratch out. Elbow grease is a must.
Breaker
Posted 2008-07-08 2:43 PM (#13129 - in reply to #12541)

Iron Butt

Western WA
I use the Novus polish on the shield of the bike and helmets. As golfer said, I highly recommend using it. I keep a small spray bottle and micro-fiber cloth in the bags. I haven't used the scratch remover though, that's what I meant in my earlier post.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™