You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New Vision--advice?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Magic
Posted 2008-06-27 3:41 PM (#12481)
Subject: New Vision--advice?

Cruiser

San Antonio, Texas
OK, so I'm going to order my new Vision-midnight cherry Tour Premium--tomorrow. I plan on ordering the S1L1 along with the bike. Not really into lots of add-ons, since the bike is pretty loaded as it sits. So, what are some of the things I should be on the look out for? What are some of the things I should consider ordering that maybe I haven't? I figure a regular MP3 player will get me by for now and I can add the functionality of an Ipod at a later date. What about the extended warranty? Is it a good buy (not that anyone has had one long enough to find out--just asking for opinions here)? I have a navigator riding with me to handle the Garman for me, the radio is enough for me-no disk player/satellite radio/CB, etc. needed now. Thought about the cover plate for trunk removal, but I doubt I'll be removing it any time soon......

So, what say you all?

Thanks for your advice!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Codfather
Posted 2008-06-27 4:22 PM (#12484 - in reply to #12481)
Subject: Re: New Vision--advice?

Cruiser

Magic, The one bit of advice I would like to give you is, if you want to modify your engine forget about extended warranty. Also, check the bike out before handing over the money. Look for the dimple in the side bag, make sure the radio works, open the lids of the side bags to see if they have problems etc. I was lucky my bike works well without any problems but look things over carefully. The warranty sells for between 500.00 to 1000.00 as that is what I have read. If your dealer won't budge from MSRP you may ask for the warranty for free. This is a wonderful bike that most owners really enjoy. PS. remember most motorcycles are hot in the summer, so if that is a problem buy a boat.
kenhiggins
Posted 2008-06-27 4:34 PM (#12485 - in reply to #12481)
Subject: RE: New Vision--advice?

Cruiser

Montreal, QC Canada
One other thing, get the serial # and find out if there were any recall for your bike. Mine had a defective Ignition which left me stranded the first day I had it. I believe that there was another recall on a Regulator??? Other than that, its a GREAT machine.
okthenbye
Posted 2008-06-27 5:47 PM (#12488 - in reply to #12481)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
No regulator issues or recalls that I can remember and the ignition recall was for an intermittent stalling issue but on that one the bike started right back up. The fix was securing the back of the ignition switch. The side bag dimples were on the first release of the bikes and by Novembers releases the dimples were fixed too. I took delivery last November and this bike is a dream come true. Just had the big shot fuel controller installed today and it really finishes the exhaust and intake installed earlier. Great trottle response and smooth but strong excelleration! Still loving every moment riding.
metalguy
Posted 2008-06-28 1:54 PM (#12515 - in reply to #12481)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
My bike I picked up in November had both the regulator, and the ignition recalls. My dealer handled them both. Other than a faulty iPod cord they don't seem to want to replace, things have been very smooth for me with this bike.--------Metalguy
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-28 4:05 PM (#12525 - in reply to #12481)

Iron Butt

Western WA
If you are doing a lot of 2up, then think about getting the passenger peg extensions. It made a world of difference for my wife as far as comfort goes, and it raised her legs up and off the bags.

Also the Invisigard kit (or one like it - I think 3M makes a similar product and much cheaper), for paint protection. I waited awhile before I put mine on and wish that I had put it on day one.
Spock
Posted 2008-06-28 8:47 PM (#12536 - in reply to #12481)
Subject: RE: New Vision--advice?

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

If the bike you are buying has a build date of Feb or March 08 or later you should not have any issues at all. I have had the Midnight Cherry Tour Premium for 102 days now and have 10,200 miles on it and it is totally awesome.

I would suggest buying the highway pegs as they really provide a lot more options for foot placement and the ability to get your feet and legs out just enough to catch some air on hot days and this makes a huge difference.  Have not bought the extended warranty yet but will before the end of the year. I have bought one for my other bikes and they have paid for themselves always especially if you put a lot of miles on.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™