You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Turn signal stays on
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

RotnRat
Posted 2008-06-24 9:17 PM (#12342)
Subject: Turn signal stays on

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
Anyone else have any problems with not being able to cancel the turn signal?

I am wondering because this happened to me today as I was returning home from Baytown, I stopped and tried to get the silly thing to quit blinking but couldn't, then I was gona pull the fuse but it says it's for turn signal and brake lights so I figured no brake lights would be more dangerous than every one thinking I was turning left all the time! I ended up riding all the way through Houston and the 45 min ride south with my thumb mashed in on the switch. It stopped once, then I hit a bump in the road and it started again. My thumb is still a bit sore from the ride! Guess I will run it by the dealer tomorrow and see if they can fix it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mikeroark
Posted 2008-06-26 11:22 AM (#12427 - in reply to #12342)
Subject: RE: Turn signal stays on

Puddle Jumper

My turn signal self canceling is slow to cancel but it does cancel. The Vision does have the 'lane change' capabilities my Hammer has... hold the switch over in the left or right selection for 2 flashes and it will cancel when you release.
RotnRat
Posted 2008-06-26 8:31 PM (#12443 - in reply to #12342)

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
Well I took it by the dealer yesterday and as you would know it worked fine all day so there wasn't much to show them. It worked fine all day today too, oh well, when it rears its ugly head again I will run it back in and see if they can fix it.
RotnRat
Posted 2008-07-19 8:51 PM (#13849 - in reply to #12342)

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
Well it happened again last week, except this time I did get it to cancel after several attempts, but then I couldn't get the turn signals to work at all for the rest of the day. The next day they were fine again and they have been since. I put 4000 miles on it between these 2 incidents so the chances of the dealer finding the problem is awfully slim. Oh well I guess I will have to take it in and leave it with them some time next week as I have other issues also, now that the turn signals are working again the last two times I had her out on the highway the cruise decided to act up, it would shut off right after I would engage it several times in a row, then just wouldn't engage at all after that, later (after a couple hundred miles) it went back to working again. Plus I lost my left side wind deflector on the way to Wisconsin, it just fell off, so that needs to be replaced, and I have never seen the oil light on this bike (I would think it should come on for "bulb check" at key on in the very least) So like I said, as much as I hate to, I guess I will have to let them have her for a few days.
Indiana RoadRunner
Posted 2008-07-20 12:54 AM (#13869 - in reply to #13849)

Tourer

Dale, Indiana
RotnRat - 2008-07-19 7:51 PM

and I have never seen the oil light on this bike (I would think it should come on for "bulb check" at key on in the very least) So like I said, as much as I hate to, I guess I will have to let them have her for a few days.

Oil light comes on anytime my key is on and the bike motor isn't running on my bike.

Maybe your bulb is burned out?

cjnoho
Posted 2008-07-20 1:31 AM (#13877 - in reply to #12427)

Visionary

So Cal
mikeroark - 2008-06-26 8:22 AM

My turn signal self canceling is slow to cancel but it does cancel. The Vision does have the 'lane change' capabilities my Hammer has... hold the switch over in the left or right selection for 2 flashes and it will cancel when you release.

Mine take some tome to cancel also. I dont think the engineers took in to account the exceptional handling of the Vision when they cancel times in the module. If you go reeal slooow when turning the timing is perfect.
Minnow
Posted 2008-07-25 3:43 PM (#14397 - in reply to #12342)

Cruiser

Sparta, WI
Hey Bar Hopper, I have the problem and it is constant. Very slow to switch off, much slower than my Harley. I manually shut off my blinker maybe about 40% of the time.
RotnRat
Posted 2008-07-30 10:56 PM (#14762 - in reply to #12342)

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
well I got my Vision back from the shop today, they couldn't get the turn signal to act up so that hasn't been addressed yet but then I sorta figured this would be the case when I took it in.

Before I left the technician that worked on it came out and talked to me about it, he did fix the oil light problem. He showed me where the oil pressure sensor is at and there is a wire that had come off it. This wire is located under a rubber cover right behind the kickstand where you catch it with your heal to put it down. If anyone has this problem with no oil pressure light, check to make sure that this wire is connected.

Breaker
Posted 2008-07-31 2:49 AM (#14786 - in reply to #12342)
Subject: Re: Turn signal stays on

Iron Butt

Western WA
I've noticed that mine will stay on for a "blink" after I've made the corner, and straightened the fork.

I cancel mine by hand about 50% of the time.

It would be nice if there was someway to speed up the cancel.
RotnRat
Posted 2008-07-31 8:00 AM (#14796 - in reply to #12342)

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
I'm actually very pleased with the way the auto cancel works on mine, although I have to manually cancel sometimes it really doesn't bother me much. I know when I ride with others who don't have auto canceling turn signals I get to watch theirs flash for miles down the road sometimes! I even think it works better than the canceling cam type in my car, the turns where you make in a car that aren't sharp enough to to cancel are never a problem for the Vision, 2 flashes past the turn and its off. But when it acts up and I can't get the silly thing to quit blinking no matter what I do, thats a different story, next time it does it I'm going straight to the dealer while its happening, if possible.
dwhite28
Posted 2008-07-31 8:16 AM (#14799 - in reply to #12342)

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States
Just so some people are aware, the auto cancel is sensitive to vehicle speed. This is why when you use a spiral off ramp the signal will shut off about the right time just after you accelerate, just like when waiting on a light you will notice that the blinker will usually stay on the whole time you are setting there and about the time you reach 10 to 15 mph into or after the turn, it goes off. But normal hwy riding the self cancel is on a timer. I too wish there was about 5 seconds less time for the self cancel.
Breaker
Posted 2008-07-31 2:52 PM (#14829 - in reply to #14799)

Iron Butt

Western WA
dwhite28 - 2008-07-31 5:16 AM

Just so some people are aware, the auto cancel is sensitive to vehicle speed. This is why when you use a spiral off ramp the signal will shut off about the right time just after you accelerate, just like when waiting on a light you will notice that the blinker will usually stay on the whole time you are setting there and about the time you reach 10 to 15 mph into or after the turn, it goes off. But normal hwy riding the self cancel is on a timer. I too wish there was about 5 seconds less time for the self cancel.

This bike continues to amaze me. I had no idea that it was speed sensitive. Thanks dwhite.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™