You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Kick Stand Rubber
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

VisionTex
Posted 2008-06-24 11:18 AM (#12309)
Subject: Kick Stand Rubber

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
The rubber on the bottom of the kick stand foot came off. I looked at the service manual and this is held on by two rivits. Looks like the issue is on a rough surface when you lean the bike over onto the kick stand the bottom slides a little sideways, thus scrubbing off the bottom. It still have the rubber on the front of the foot, so I think it will kick up if I forget. I'll have to order one, but couldn't find the part on-line. It should have been a little harder rubber to last longer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
devilboy
Posted 2008-06-24 10:55 PM (#12348 - in reply to #12309)
Subject: RE: Kick Stand Rubber

Cruiser

Central Florida
VisionTex - 2008-06-24 11:18 AM

The rubber on the bottom of the kick stand foot came off. I looked at the service manual and this is held on by two rivits. Looks like the issue is on a rough surface when you lean the bike over onto the kick stand the bottom slides a little sideways, thus scrubbing off the bottom. It still have the rubber on the front of the foot, so I think it will kick up if I forget. I'll have to order one, but couldn't find the part on-line. It should have been a little harder rubber to last longer.

Dealer replaced entire kickstand for me under warranty. He did not have a rivet gun large enough to replace rubber. You probably do NOT either....
rdwrath
Posted 2008-06-24 11:18 PM (#12353 - in reply to #12309)
Subject: Re: Kick Stand Rubber

Puddle Jumper

ive only got 2500 miles on my bike and the side stand pad is history.i bought new pad 5412662,washers 7556121,and rivets,7661064.i understand that old rivets need to be drilled out to replace.so im thinking since pads wear out so quickly im going to fasten with nuts and bolts.
BarryBennett
Posted 2008-06-24 11:33 PM (#12355 - in reply to #12353)
Subject: Re: Kick Stand Rubber

Cruiser

Columbia,MO
I changed out my stock kickstand with a chrome one I bought it on E-bay without the pad. Order the pad, rivets and washers and installed it myself. The spring is very strong so I folded up the stand and knocked the pin out from that position. Much easier than trying to unhook the spring. I have bloody knuckles to prove it. I used a 2 pound hammer and a anvil to smash the rivets. Good Luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™