You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Comparison-Stage 1 Level 1 vs Level 2 Pipes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Mazman99
Posted 2008-06-23 9:40 AM (#12246)
Subject: Comparison-Stage 1 Level 1 vs Level 2 Pipes

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE
I have the stage 1, level 1 pipes on my Vision and have done a couple of longer rides with the demo Vision at my local dealer that is equipped with the stage 1, level 2 exhaust.

The stage 1, level 1 pipes have more snap, crackle, and pop. There is just a little more of a report when running at speed and when taching up the motor for downshifts. It seems to be more of a hellraiser-type of sound.

The stage 1 level 2 pipes have a deeper note that is more noticeable at idle. It has more of the bellow and rumble that is closer to what a Harley would have with aftermarket pipes. It has the rumble without the report and is a little bit more hollow sounding.

At speed the level 2 pipes were quieter and my passenger agreed. The level 2 also seemed to provide what I thought was a little more power. The 6th gear roll on was noticeably better with the demo bike having a stronger feel of pull than my bike with the level 1 pipes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rebel
Posted 2008-06-23 4:45 PM (#12261 - in reply to #12246)
Subject: Re: Comparison-Stage 1 Level 1 vs Level 2 Pipes

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Thanks, Maz. Now if my S1L2 pipes would just come in...
cjnoho
Posted 2008-06-23 11:33 PM (#12292 - in reply to #12246)

Visionary

So Cal
Has anyone in CA got the level 2's yet?
Wild Monkey
Posted 2008-06-24 12:14 AM (#12296 - in reply to #12246)
Subject: RE: Comparison-Stage 1 Level 1 vs Level 2 Pipes

Puddle Jumper

Pensacola, FL
I can't compare my pipes, but I have been thinking I was crazy, because with the S1/L1 pipes installed, my bike seems obnoxiously loud at cruising speeds on the interstate. Of course I only had 300 miles on the bike before the S1/L1 pipes were installed. But MAN they seem LOUD ! I like their tone at idle, however at speed.... they seem TOO loud. The sales guy at the point of purchase told me the S1/L1 pipes were quieter than the S2/L2 pipes were ?

Steve.
Mazman99
Posted 2008-06-24 9:34 AM (#12302 - in reply to #12246)

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE
The S1/L2 pipes ARE quieter from the rider's position. They have that lower exhaust note with more bellow and chuff over that of the S1/L1 pipes. The L1 pipes are the firecracker of the two.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™