You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

300 Hour Shake Down
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2008-06-18 4:26 AM (#12015)
Subject: 300 Hour Shake Down

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Got the Vision at the local hanger and care center for its 300 hour (15,000 mile) check over. It's rough being grounded.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2008-06-18 8:01 AM (#12018 - in reply to #12015)
Subject: Re: 300 Hour Shake Down

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I know the feeling all toooooooo weeeeellllll!!!! Just rolled 10,000 myself. Still haven't got a name for mine yet, thinking of some kind of survival name. You know like "DangImadeitthroughthat" or "Whew" or "OhSh*T!" Trying to stay politically correct in my thinking and being able to call it something in Public. You know like "DID I???" or "BRINGIT" (that one looks like a good license plate)!

The Bentley will love you for a long time for taking it into the care center. The car will now get a chance to become reacquainted, charge its battery and blow coool cold air.
varyder
Posted 2008-06-19 2:47 PM (#12092 - in reply to #12015)
Subject: RE: 300 Hour Shake Down

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Still at the care center.   I'm getting claustrophobic on my commute. Oh, yeah, and I'm riding in my Jeep Cherokee and I'm right beside this nut and he starts coming over in my lane. He must know I ride and didn't see me.    I don't have these problems when riding the Bentley.

Maybe tooooomorrow...

varyder
Posted 2008-06-21 12:24 AM (#12173 - in reply to #12092)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Still grounded while the dealer works out the warranty issues with Victory. That's what I get for opening my big mouth. Any trailer Visions out there that need ridin'? Naw, I guess not, we're all real bikers...
varyder
Posted 2008-06-27 9:38 PM (#12493 - in reply to #12173)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Okay, still at the dealer "waiting to hear from Victory" on the warranty issues. What? Four basic things. 1) Dimple in right bag, 2) Dimple in right pipe. 3) Audio system, basically volume and CB problems, minor. 4) Windshield distortion.

Took it in last Tuesday, and after two weeks and no response yet. Dealer wants to keep it in case they have questions. Okay, but they've not started on the 15k service yet either.

I'm starting to do things like yard work, including cleaning out the gutters. I need to get the Bentley back before I start painting and planting gardens.

varyder
Posted 2008-07-01 1:23 PM (#12680 - in reply to #12493)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Does any one else have these problems with there dealer?

They are still "waiting" to hear from Victory on warranty issues. Oh, by the way, they say "we'll finish your service before the 4th and let you have your bike back. If we hear from Victory after that then we'll call you to bring back when we do."

If that be the case, why didn't do the service 2-weeks ago when I scheduled it, let me have the bike back and then call if you needed it?

dr_reloader
Posted 2008-07-01 2:56 PM (#12682 - in reply to #12015)

Tourer

, FL United States
I had problems where I bought my Vision and have not gone back since. It took over two months to get my tag because the did not know how to mail it or call me, all this along with other problems. I set up a 500 mile service with another dealer three times twice on the internet and once by phone. When I went in they knew nothing about it. So I had to trailer the bike (due to lighting storm) to a dealer over an hour away. it was very well much worth it. I liked this dealer and they will be the only one that I service at. Although they hve not had very many Vision come through.
varyder
Posted 2008-07-01 3:12 PM (#12683 - in reply to #12682)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
that's my problem. These guys have been perfect and are only 15 minutes from me. But it seems they've stalled on getting the service done under the guise of waiting on Victory about the warranty issues. I do not have another dealer close but I've heard how others have had problems as you have dr reloader, and this is my vent. Very frustrated that my bike has been sitting for two solid weeks untouched when all it need was an oil change, fork fluid change and a new rear tire. Sure, the warranty issues are important, but does not stop from riding the bike. Victory, over all needs to work a whole lot on customer satisfaction from top to bottom.
Breaker
Posted 2008-07-01 3:20 PM (#12685 - in reply to #12015)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Two weeks!

Dang Chris. . .I've got the shakes and I've only been without my bike for a few days.

Having your bike that long, for what you needed to have done, just isn't right IMHO. None of your warranty issues are going to be impacted by riding.
varyder
Posted 2008-07-03 4:42 PM (#12821 - in reply to #12015)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Took it in 7 months to the day for the 300 hour flight check-up and finally got it back today, 16-days later. All that matters right now is its back home. Still have warranty concerns that I'm told WILL be corrected. When I saddled up after 16 days the first song that popped in my was, that's right "Feels Like the First Time." Oh course, that's not a cruising song per se so I cranked up "Danger Zone" and took flight. I think that is the last time I'll take it in for a service, from here on out it'll be up to me. I was told they were backed up with two weeks worth and that is why it took so long. If I don't ever take it back they'll never miss mine IMHO.

But it felt very good to back on, and I couldn't believe how silky smooth, yet with power, this thing rides. I cranked on the throttle and I was gone, and didn't even feel I had it up to top speed. I wouldn't have known how fast I was going unless I looked at the speedo. I felt the difference with the new tire, but the difference wasn't as great as it was on the Goldwing, that was a big difference between the worn and the new tire. On the Vision, it handles perfect up to the last drop.

BarryBennett
Posted 2008-07-04 12:35 AM (#12846 - in reply to #12680)

Cruiser

Columbia,MO
I have never had a problem with my dealer. Fixed the dimple in my bag without a problem Service took a picture of the dimple sent it to Victory. The new bag arrived two days later. Dealer said it was in and bring my Vision in when I have a chance. Went in the next day and waited 15 minutes for service to install it. Everything was done within a weeks time and no riding time lost. I wonder if it just your dealer and not Victory?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™