You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

witchbiker
Posted 2008-06-17 7:29 PM (#11990)
Subject: Vision

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States
I'm a newbie, with about 200 miles on my new Vision, which I love BTW. I started right off with all the chrome parts, which my dealer sacrificed on one part, that was supposed to be his. The chrome tail tips (the only plastic parts; all others are metal) were back ordered for quite a while. I also went with the S1/L1 from the start, so I don't have any perspective on how the bike would run with stock pipes, etc. I notice a small to moderate popping when I back off, and it also stalls when I blip the throttle. C'mon, we've all done it. Especially the EX-Harley riders like me. You sit at the light and give a little "blipp" on the throttle. It stalled on me several times before I quit doing it. I'm thinking it's just because it only has 200 miles...who knows?
The high-intensity center bulb also had a problem. The reflector fell out of the slot that it fits into, and the only fix is to re-order the whole headlight assy with the three bulbs as a unit. It's only been 2 days, but I'm sure that part is readily available. Does anyone know if the tail lights and electrics will handle the replacement Halogen brake and tail units??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2008-06-18 8:18 AM (#12020 - in reply to #11990)
Subject: Re: Vision

Visionary

Brighton, TN
No idea on the halogen? It shouldn't have any problems with it though? But welcome anyway! Have fun and ride on!

Edited by pollolittle 2008-06-18 8:19 AM
nowor2l8
Posted 2008-06-18 8:37 AM (#12021 - in reply to #11990)
Subject: RE: Vision

Cruiser

Northwest of you

Having had other Victory's, with pretty loud pipes, I too love to "rap" them whenever I can (not just stopped at the light), but I learned right away that the Vision doesn't like that a bit.

Mine never "stalled" but the feedback was obvious "don't do that" and I stopped.

As to the popping, I am glad I did not got with the "stage1" upgrade because they don't have the mapping refined yet.

Even on the other bikes, it has taken a good deal of trial and error to finally get the right maps and tuning right.

Otherwise, enjoy.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™