You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Just did the Thrush Muffler Mod
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

firemedic2143
Posted 2013-12-08 9:07 PM (#149485 - in reply to #129919)
Subject: Re: Just did the Thrush Muffler Mod

Puddle Jumper

Fort Myers, FL United States
I just did the Thrush Mod. man that's awesome sounding, just an Idea for you all, I used a used alternator belt cut into small pieces as spacers for the head shields, serves double duty as a shock (for Rattle of heat shield) absorber and spacer. Also don't have access to welding and stuff so I used the pipe strap to hold the pipes in place using stock mounting holes and stock rubber washers and nuts. anyone ever have that pipe strap fail?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nozzledog
Posted 2013-12-08 10:33 PM (#149488 - in reply to #149485)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Yes, a few times. Also developed a crack in the crossover because I was running with a one broken on the front left side and the crossover was taking all the weight.
You should have seen the welders face when I tipped the whole bike onto it's side so he could weld the crossover without removing it.
my13visionness
Posted 2014-01-18 7:53 AM (#150604 - in reply to #116199)
Subject: RE: Just did the Thrush Muffler Mod

Puddle Jumper

East Troy, WI United States
Thrush Mod:
WOW.
I just finished mine Friday afternoon.
Started bike up. Let it warm up for a while. (Wisconsin Winters are cold)
Very nice.
Thank you to this forum for the help.
I will take pictures.
I did do a few things different.
ljurgens
Posted 2014-03-15 12:43 PM (#152275 - in reply to #116199)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
I want the deeper rumble when idling, but closer to stock when rolling down the road. How loud is it when your not twisting the throttle a lot, just normal taking off etc ?
DesertBlizzard
Posted 2015-04-27 10:13 PM (#172150 - in reply to #116199)

New user

I did this mod two days ago and let me say that I have an ear to ear grin. Talk about a low tone rumbling growl that is music to the ears. It is fantastic that we as Vision Riders have such an amazing and low cost alternative to expensive S1 and other aftermarket products. I LOVE the sound. LOVE IT!

As an observation, I have noticed that my engine runs cooler now by about 10 degrees at 80 ambient. I am guessing I may have had more restriction in the old stock pipe with 40K on them than I could have imagined. Mid range torque is clearly improved and I don't notice any difference in low end torque what so ever. I have 200 miles on these pipes already and will be filling up soon. Was getting 42mpg before the mod and don't expect much if any change at all at this point after.

Thanks for all the details provided by everyone that made this a simple clean and amazing mod. I cannot wait until the next group ride!

biddysere
Posted 2019-10-08 12:01 PM (#192950 - in reply to #116301)

Puddle Jumper

A little increase in sound on my exhaust swap but nothing to brag about. Not as throaty as I had hoped and sounds nothing like the others videos. Just a little better than factory but now I guess I'm running lean- popping when I downshift. I used a fan belt cut into pieces for spacers and the resonator tip held it at same plane (the factory screw on brackets) so the install went real quick.
dr_reloader
Posted 2019-12-22 11:15 PM (#192980 - in reply to #116199)

Tourer

, FL United States
I am still loving my Big Honkers
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™