You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Coast to Coast
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

docvtx
Posted 2008-06-13 1:13 AM (#11767)
Subject: Coast to Coast

Cruiser

Santa Maria CA
My wife and I just got back from a 6090 mile ride from California to North Carolina and back to California. My wife rode her 2002 gl1800 wing and I had my new Vision. The Vision averaged 45 mpg, and was a dream to ride long days in the saddle. No problems of any kind. Best vaccation I ever had. But were was every body. I did not see any other Vision on the trip. Saw lots of other bikes but no Vision,s. Did get lots of thumbs up and cool bike from lots of people, turned lots of heads. People ask all kinds of question. Missed most of the bad weather. Had a great time, saw lots of great county side. I'm ready to go again. Born to ride but forced to work.
I have had My Vision sence March and now has allmost 13,000 miles now, still a kick to ride, and no problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lifeisgood
Posted 2008-06-13 1:35 AM (#11768 - in reply to #11767)
Subject: RE: Coast to Coast

Cruiser

Victoria, BC
Glad to hear you made it home safely. How about a write-up on what you saw & experienced on your cross-country trip. Pictures would be nice also.

What was most the memorable thing about the trip?

Does your wife like the Vision?

Cheers,
Reg
Rebel
Posted 2008-06-13 5:48 AM (#11773 - in reply to #11767)
Subject: Re: Coast to Coast

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Wow! Nice ridin' , doc! Maybe next weekend you can go for the Iron Butt 50cc award (coast-to-coast in 50 hours) or even the 100cc award (coast-to-coast-to-coast in 100 hours).
RedRider
Posted 2008-06-13 6:25 AM (#11775 - in reply to #11767)

Visionary

Grats Doc.
It is nice doing a coast to coast. There is so much scenery to see all across America. I remember waking up in Bridgeport, CA the last weekend of July and it was 45 degrees.
So many owners need to get out and ride instead of spending too much time posting.
Now that I am in the recovery stage of carpal tunnel surgery on both hands I hope to get out riding more often. I am hoping next summer will be a good riding year. Hope to see you and the wife out on the road.
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-13 1:18 PM (#11789 - in reply to #11767)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Glad you had a great, safe ride.

A coast-to-coast is definitely on our to-do list. Probably not this year. . . but you never know. We may just head out one day and forget to turn around.
mike s
Posted 2008-06-13 3:45 PM (#11793 - in reply to #11767)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
docvtx - 2008-06-13 1:13 AM

But were was every body. I did not see any other Vision on the trip.

They were all at the SE Victory Rally in Helen, GA!!! Ya'll should've stopped in. I think we had close to 20 Visions in attendance.
docvtx
Posted 2008-06-13 4:03 PM (#11794 - in reply to #11793)

Cruiser

Santa Maria CA
The wife likes the Vision, after we test rode one. She said fun bike to ride and that I should buy one, so I did. But she has over 60,000 miles on her wing and says she likes the way it fits her. She took over 1,000 pics on the trip, most while riding down the road, she got really good at taking pics while riding. She is the computor person not me, I'll have her put some pics together and post them. The best part of the trip was seeing are daughter for 5 days in Mooresville NC. and yah I have always want to do a cost to cost. and Kathy always wanted to do the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Million Dollor Highway in Coloardo. So we got to do all that and more. It was great.
Carolina Tom
Posted 2008-06-13 9:39 PM (#11802 - in reply to #11767)

Cruiser

Lexington, North Carolina
So were you guys in NC for the spring heat wave last week? Mooresville is only 15 miles away from where I live.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™