You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision Intake Plate
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Banjo
Posted 2008-06-06 8:01 PM (#11523)
Subject: Vision Intake Plate

Tourer

Anyone have loyds intake vision plate.....is it worth the money? What RPM does the 7-8 Hp he claims come into play and is that with a stock motor & exhaust?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
vtwin17
Posted 2008-06-06 8:55 PM (#11526 - in reply to #11523)
Subject: RE: Vision Intake Plate

Cruiser

Northern RI
I gained 4-5 hp when put on the dyno by Lloyd
g1nomad
Posted 2008-06-09 8:45 PM (#11621 - in reply to #11523)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
I order & received mine promptly. I then read the graphs. The gains will be where this
man doesn't travel. Up high 4,000+ I wanted better behavier at 1,500 Not sure
when I will install, but I'll bet it works as it states.
autiger2
Posted 2008-06-10 11:10 PM (#11685 - in reply to #11523)
Subject: Re: Vision Intake Plate

Cruiser

Opelika, AL
devilboy has one and said it pulls like a mutha now...
devilboy
Posted 2008-06-11 9:40 AM (#11690 - in reply to #11685)

Cruiser

Central Florida
autiger2 - 2008-06-10 11:10 PM

Give the Man a Cigar !!
You hear and feel the difference right at beginning of HP curve and beginning of Torque curve
2500 rpm..You hear what sounds like a whoosh of a Bionic Hoover as it sucks down O2.
You have the to have VFCIII to add fuel or else all that air has NO fuel to mix with, and the bike runs way lean.
My Vision has S1L1,KN filter up front, Lloydz diffuser and Lloydz VFC III
It has still not been Dynoed or optimized yet but it looks like June 28th is my next shot..
front wheel comes off the ground in 1st and second without too much coaxing.

Edited by devilboy 2008-06-11 9:42 AM
golfer
Posted 2008-06-11 10:57 AM (#11693 - in reply to #11690)

Cruiser

devilboy - 2008-06-11 9:40 AM

autiger2 - 2008-06-10 11:10 PM

Give the Man a Cigar !!
You hear and feel the difference right at beginning of HP curve and beginning of Torque curve
2500 rpm..You hear what sounds like a whoosh of a Bionic Hoover as it sucks down O2.
You have the to have VFCIII to add fuel or else all that air has NO fuel to mix with, and the bike runs way lean.
My Vision has S1L1,KN filter up front, Lloydz diffuser and Lloydz VFC III
It has still not been Dynoed or optimized yet but it looks like June 28th is my next shot..
front wheel comes off the ground in 1st and second without too much coaxing.

What is going on June 28th?
Banjo
Posted 2008-06-11 5:57 PM (#11704 - in reply to #11523)

Tourer

Devilboy,How much has your fuel economy dropped since youve done the modifications?
devilboy
Posted 2008-06-11 6:27 PM (#11706 - in reply to #11704)

Cruiser

Central Florida
Banjo - 2008-06-11 5:57 PM

Devilboy,How much has your fuel economy dropped since youve done the modifications?

Remember that the VFC is not optimally tuned yet..
Trip to Helen and back mixed--- backroads, pretty hard on throttle coming home
I would say mileage has dropped about 2 mpg I used to average about 46 and now down to 44 or so. There is NO exhaust popping on decel, I still have a slight ping when I roll on in 6th at 60 mph or so... Probably still a little lean I am very happy with the Vision as it is..it can always use more HP and TQ.. I dont know where it is going to come from other than engine mods..
hopefully it will be dynoed at Polaris of Gainesville (FLORIDA) on June 28th.
A dyno truck will be in at 3 pm- 7pm and a quick run will be $10
and a VFC tune on dyno will be $25...
soft drinks, snacks, door prizes and discounts on merchandise will be available.
Contact KevinX on VMC.com for further info
Time:
3P to 7P First come first serve[it will actually be there a bit earlier]

Cost:
Simple run only $10
TPS, or VFC tweek $25
Trophy's for several classes.....ALL bikes welcome

Prize for the closest guess to the TOTAL HP of the bikes run.
Prize for closest guess of individual high HP

Giveaways throughout the time.

Discounts[not sure on what yet]

VisionTex
Posted 2008-06-11 6:50 PM (#11708 - in reply to #11706)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
WOW, sounds like a great evening of fun. To bad all dealers don't take more interest in the experience of motorcycling, instead of sticking us you know where. Most tell us, "oh we can't do that", instead of "yes be happy to do that". Anyway sorry I got off the subject, I digressed, I guess. Anyway, happy horsepower nite to you guys. Have fun.
Mudge
Posted 2008-06-11 8:30 PM (#11713 - in reply to #11523)

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
Here's a stupid question seeking a serious answer. The original Lloyd's intake plate installed in the top of the airbox directly over the motor and had two inverted cone air filters which went into the airbox above the intakes. The pictures I've seen of the second design appear not to have any filters, and I'm taking a WAG that it installs in front of or behind the stock (S1L1) filter as it appears to have no filters of its' own. Yes? No?
Banjo
Posted 2008-06-11 9:56 PM (#11716 - in reply to #11523)

Tourer

I remember the cone filter..intake. Arlen Ness also has a "Twin sucker" version intake for the Vision. That allows the engine to breathe from the top and the front
devilboy
Posted 2008-06-11 10:34 PM (#11718 - in reply to #11713)

Cruiser

Central Florida
Mudge - 2008-06-11 8:30 PM

Here's a stupid question seeking a serious answer. The original Lloyd's intake plate installed in the top of the airbox directly over the motor and had two inverted cone air filters which went into the airbox above the intakes. The pictures I've seen of the second design appear not to have any filters, and I'm taking a WAG that it installs in front of or behind the stock (S1L1) filter as it appears to have no filters of its' own. Yes? No?

Lloydz first version was a plate with two drop in K&N filters. The first batch came in made incorrectly.
Lloyd spent some time thinking it out and came out with new setup. The new plate mounts in EXACTLY the same place as original.
There is an access plate under
control panel(radio buttons) this is very close to fuel injectors. You unscrew the six screws and place this new plate in its place(adhesive and screws). The plate(actually a sandwich) has two layer of aluminum and some High density foam between them. It has 2 openings (foam exposed) for air intake.
There are no instructions regarding cleaning this and there has been nothing said about it. I am sure it will have to be cleaned at some point somehow.
I would believe that if Lloyd says it works on an average of 8-10 HP and TQ increase, I would believe it. His reputation is worth a lot more to him than a puffed up claim.
Mudge
Posted 2008-06-13 11:45 PM (#11803 - in reply to #11718)

Tourer

Thanks podner.
divesharc
Posted 2008-06-14 11:49 PM (#11828 - in reply to #11523)

Cruiser

VA
Devilboy, the K&N you are using with the Vision, is it something you modded, or is it the standard filter for the Vision. I looked on K&N's website not long ago and they didn't list one for the Vision, but I didn't know if it was the same model as a pre-exisiting filter. If you have the part number, that would be great. I've wanted to replace the stock for awhile now. Thanks.
RIDEHARD
Posted 2008-06-15 9:27 AM (#11848 - in reply to #11828)

New user

Pure Polaris sells one should be avalibale at any dealer Item #: 2876628
autiger2
Posted 2008-06-20 8:32 AM (#12128 - in reply to #11828)

Cruiser

Opelika, AL
divesharc - 2008-06-14 10:49 PM

Devilboy, the K&N you are using with the Vision, is it something you modded, or is it the standard filter for the Vision. I looked on K&N's website not long ago and they didn't list one for the Vision, but I didn't know if it was the same model as a pre-exisiting filter. If you have the part number, that would be great. I've wanted to replace the stock for awhile now. Thanks.

I wouldn't just go putting a new air filter on it unless you have a fuel controller...

Remember, the stock map is optimized for the way it is set up stock... if you add more air, you'll just lean it out more... stock map is lean enough as it is... don't want to lean it out too much...

Best bet is to go with a performance upgrade with exhaust/intake/remap as a package.. you'll be better off in the long run for the health of your 106....

The Intake plate and VFC3 from Lloyd would also be a good recommendation, but if I were going to do that, I'd have it tuned on a dyno by someone who knows what they are doing with Vics... i.e. Lloyd.. kevinx.... Otherwise, you're just going to be unhappy with the results and will have to spend more i the long run to get it right...
devilboy
Posted 2008-06-20 8:00 PM (#12154 - in reply to #12128)

Cruiser

Central Florida
autiger2 - 2008-06-20 8:32 AM

divesharc - 2008-06-14 10:49 PM

I wouldn't just go putting a new air filter on it unless you have a fuel controller...

Remember, the stock map is optimized for the way it is set up stock... if you add more air, you'll just lean it out more... stock map is lean enough as it is... don't want to lean it out too much...

Best bet is to go with a performance upgrade with exhaust/intake/remap as a package.. you'll be better off in the long run for the health of your 106....

The Intake plate and VFC3 from Lloyd would also be a good recommendation, but if I were going to do that, I'd have it tuned on a dyno by someone who knows what they are doing with Vics... i.e. Lloyd.. kevinx.... Otherwise, you're just going to be unhappy with the results and will have to spend more i the long run to get it right...

+1 KevinX did prelim adjustment on VFC III but did not dyno it. That should be done june 28th.
still get a little popping on decel, but I think plugs need to be replaced again(replaced at 9K)
and I am at 16K and I think they are a bit off before VFC III and diffuser.
Mudge
Posted 2008-06-20 9:24 PM (#12159 - in reply to #12154)

Tourer

I'm gonna' do this one right. I have a VFC lll I bought from Lloyd and have made an appointment to have Lloyd install it and the airbox plate at the Spirit Lake rally 11:00 on Sat. and dyno tune the bike. I have the stage 1 level 1 pipes and download and it seems to me it is about as lean as it could be, more so than suits me. I will post the dyno numbers when I get them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™