You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Poll Your Help is Needed on Slip-Ons
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

vtwin17
Posted 2008-06-04 6:08 PM (#11380)
Subject: Your Help is Needed on Slip-Ons

Cruiser

Northern RI
Can't make up my mind on which exhaust to get; S1L2, Honkers, or Cycle Dragon. Want deep not loud. The fence is starting to hurt

Edited by vtwin17 2008-06-04 6:09 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
autiger2
Posted 2008-06-04 6:12 PM (#11381 - in reply to #11380)
Subject: Re: Your Help is Needed on Slip-Ons

Cruiser

Opelika, AL
Haven't heard any in person, so I have no clue...

Uhhhh... it's not chain link is it??
tralphaz
Posted 2008-06-04 7:43 PM (#11388 - in reply to #11381)

Tourer

Gimme a few days, I've got the cycledragon pipes coming........ BTW Hippo already has them, check out his post http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1099&pos...
okthenbye
Posted 2008-06-05 1:12 AM (#11402 - in reply to #11380)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I have the Honkers and am happy with the results. They have a nice rumble at an idle and sound great while riding from a drivers perspective. I am told that they are loud by riders behind me but I don't notice it much. I am able to hear the radio at a reasonable volume even while freeway driving. I did my own install which saved me about $250.00 and I am not a mechanic by any means. No remap was necessary but I am going to add the Ness version of a Power Commander as soon as they are available which should be another week or 2. I will have the Arlen Ness service dept. take care of that install. Poping during decel is minimal and should disappear after the fuel/air adjustments. Great throttle response and the bike sounds like a big V-twin should sound. I am loving it!
darrylbjr
Posted 2008-06-05 2:15 PM (#11445 - in reply to #11402)

Puddle Jumper

I too have the Honkers and they are a night and day difference from stock. They are pretty loud but not too loud. Of course, they are VERY loud when you "get on it". 1 vote for the Honkers
tralphaz
Posted 2008-06-07 3:34 AM (#11533 - in reply to #11380)
Subject: RE: Your Help is Needed on Slip-Ons

Tourer

Well, I just got the Cycledragon pipes installed, I removed about 1/2 of the packing they came with, the sound is a deep rumble at idle sounds pretty good when you rap it also, a couple of friends that ride Harley's actually complemented me on the sound, no remap done, occasional pop on decel probably because the cats are gone. Job took about 1 1/2 hrs.

Definitely recommend them.
vtwin17
Posted 2008-06-07 4:24 PM (#11546 - in reply to #11533)

Cruiser

Northern RI
tralphaz, thanks for the input. Is it possible to post a sound clip? Thanks again

tralphaz
Posted 2008-06-08 3:56 AM (#11559 - in reply to #11546)

Tourer

I recorded a sound clip but it didn't sound anything like the pipes actually sound, I'll try again later, I think I need a better mic. Anyway what I can tell you for sure is that the sound is deep, full rumble....... as far as the loudness of these pipes go, it is dependent on how much packing is in the pipes, the more packing the quieter the pipes will be.
tralphaz
Posted 2008-06-08 6:33 PM (#11576 - in reply to #11559)

Tourer

Here's a sound clip, I don't think the clip does the pipes justice as the clip really misses the low note of the pipes, I used the sound recorder on my laptop with a cheap mic for lack of a better recorder.
tralphaz
Posted 2008-06-08 11:30 PM (#11579 - in reply to #11576)

Tourer

tralphaz - 2008-06-08 3:33 PM

Here's a sound clip, I don't think the clip does the pipes justice as the clip really misses the low note of the pipes, I used the sound recorder on my laptop with a cheap mic for lack of a better recorder.

Sorry, I thought I submitted more information......... the forum will not allow attachments larger than 60k and the clip I have is 195k so if anyone wants a sound clip feel free to PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™