You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Stock speakers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

autiger2
Posted 2008-06-03 10:01 PM (#11341)
Subject: Stock speakers

Cruiser

Opelika, AL
OMG!!!

After removing them, I wonder how they didn't blow... The magnet (if there is one) is about the size of a quarter.. although they sound pretty good, they're more suited for a Yugo than a motorcycle...

Installed some Memphis Audio speakers tonight... 9 oz magnet.. tweeter swivels and can be aimed.. they sound awesome... crystal clear from the Ipod on 20, and my ears were hurting...

I suggest to anyone who enjoys a good sound system, upgrade your speakers... These Memphis Audio speakers were $70/pair... and worth every penny...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
divesharc
Posted 2008-06-03 10:53 PM (#11352 - in reply to #11341)
Subject: Re: Stock speakers

Cruiser

VA
I have to ask, which speakers from Memphis did you get? Are they waterproof? Any details?
autiger2
Posted 2008-06-04 1:58 PM (#11374 - in reply to #11341)

Cruiser

Opelika, AL
Memphis Audio 15PR52... they are weather resistant (don't know about proof, but they were suggested by the stereo store as none of the others were contructed for outside conditions) and the tweeter is adjustable, meaning you can "aim" it... definitely improved over stock.. everything is crystal clear, no distortion...
focushere
Posted 2008-06-05 7:08 AM (#11413 - in reply to #11341)
Subject: RE: Stock speakers

Cruiser

Did the screw holes line up or did you need an adapter to install them? (will they fit the stock space?)
Banjo
Posted 2008-06-05 1:01 PM (#11442 - in reply to #11341)

Tourer

What makes the J&M better then stock? I installed J&M on my Street Glide and never noticed a difference. I'm asking cause I dont want to make the same mistake twice.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-06-05 9:05 PM (#11470 - in reply to #11341)

Visionary

So Cal
When I installed J&M's on my e-glide, it allowed me to crank it up to max without distortion. Something I couldnt do with the stock speakers. And HD's fix was a $400 speaker & amp upgrade. Considering my partial hearing loss that was a little steep. $100 for J&M was more reasonable.
focushere
Posted 2008-06-07 10:40 PM (#11554 - in reply to #11341)

Cruiser

Well I took your advise and upgraded my speakers today. Installed the Memphis 15-PR52 just like you. Since there is no good way to get good bass on this bike do to it's design I had to lower the volume on the treble and turn up the bass all the way. I then set the EQ bass booster on my ipod. The sound from these speakers is very bright, but they do sound much better than stock and do look like they will handle the weather better. I set the fade more to the rear and the overall sound is very nice. Anyone wanting to know the size speaker used? 5.25 inch for front and back. Anyone looking to upgrade keep in mind the wattage of the speaker you use, these Memphis speakers operate between 30-60 watts. I don't know what the radio pushes on wattage, but it handles these speakers well. If you use speakers requiring more wattage you may need an amp. Thanks for the tip on these speakers. I really like them!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™