You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Touratech Locking Mount for Zumo 550
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Newfie
Posted 2008-06-01 2:02 PM (#11217)
Subject: Touratech Locking Mount for Zumo 550

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
For those who are using a Zumo 550 on their bikes I recently found a locking mount for the Zumo that is made by Touratech. It is much more secure and easy to use than the "security screw" that comes with the Zumo mount. It attaches easily to the Zumo mount and replaces the security screw with a Keyed locking device that folds over the top of the Zumo mount and holds the Zumo securely in place if you are stopped at a gas station or restaurant. It also make for much more easy removal/install when you are stopped overnight at a hotel. At $140 it was a bit pricey but IMHO it was worth the cost for the added security and convenience. I also added a locking knob for the RAM mount that is also shown in the pictures. The locking knob was only about $13 and prevents anyone from simply unscrewing the RAM mount from the bike.

Here is a link to GPS Central where I purchased it: http://www.gpscentral.ca/accessories/touratech-zumo.html

Pictures shown are as follows:
1 - Zumo removed and Mount in locked postion
2 - Mount Unlocked and ready to install Zumo
3 - Zumo installed but not locked in
4 - Zumo installed and locked in place
5 - Zumo locked in place and key removed
6 - View from the left side when Zumo is locked in place

Hope this info may be helpful to some looking for a little more security for their Zumo.

Edited by Newfie 2008-06-01 2:14 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™