You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

stage 2 what's different in the 49-50 sate part# map or resticto
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

motomarc
Posted 2008-05-29 12:18 PM (#11050)
Subject: stage 2 what's different in the 49-50 sate part# map or resticto

Puddle Jumper

jokelahoma city, jokelahoma
I have a ? on these pipes my dealer ordered the dang 50 state part# not the 49 WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE between the 2 ?
I am thinking the map or a dang restrictor in the pipe of some kind.
thanks for any help on this.

Ok I got to here them (49 state) stage 2 first hand last night side by side with my stockers.
Standing in between both bikes blipped throttles one at a time and can tell no difference what so ever over the stock stage 1 or stage 2 pipe setups.
stage 1 is little louder then stock stage 2 sound about the same.
There is very little change in sound at idle or with no load or little load.
I am sure under load they would be a very LOW rumble "NOT LOUD at all" !!!!! unless you take out some of the packing in the baffle that may help some if you really want a loud bike.
The owner of the bike with the stage 2 said he could tell the motor ran better more free and got better milage he said,, so the $600 may still be worth it.

MotoMarc
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cjnoho
Posted 2008-05-29 9:26 PM (#11088 - in reply to #11050)
Subject: Re: stage 2 what's different in the 49-50 sate part# map or resticto

Visionary

So Cal
I cant say for sure. My best guess would be that the download is diffrent. The Ca. bikes have a vapor canister. Which means that there is a vacuum hose to the intake to burn this vapor off idle. This extra fuel will have to be taken into account on the remap.
The reason for the extra $100 is to pay for Ca. certification. Im pretty sure that price limit is regulated by the state.
The pipes are probably the same. I would make sure the download is for a 49 state model.
The cat being in the head pipe is probably the reason for less noise at idle. Acts like a baffle.
LOHU
Posted 2008-06-02 4:25 PM (#11261 - in reply to #11050)
Subject: Re: stage 2 what's different in the 49-50 sate part# map or resticto

New user

Denver CO
Hello Everyone, this is my first post. brought my Tour Premium home March 1st, just installed 49 state level 2 kit Friday, I agree with what you both said. The biggest difference I noticed is how much the heat on the right side of the bike dropped, was cooking my leg on 80+ days. Rode 5oo miles this past weekend in 80+ and noticed a big difference! Runs much better too!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™