You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

SEQUENTIAL REAR LIGHTS
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

nummy
Posted 2012-02-29 6:56 AM (#108859)
Subject: SEQUENTIAL REAR LIGHTS

Puddle Jumper

Las Vegas, NV
CONGRATULATIONS to vision-mod. Gary Lighton has done an EXCELLENT job with the wiring harness. Gary was quick to respond with my questions concerning the hooking up for this harness on a 2012 Vision. After considering my options and watching numerous videos about the sequential lighting that's available for the Visions, I decided on Gary's version. IT WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE!!!!! It took 2 days for me to receive the harness with Express shipping. Gary was good enough to include very detailed instructions as to the removal of all of the parts from the bike. But more importantly, he supplied the written info on how to make this task easier. If you do purchase this harness, AND YOU SHOULD, I would HIGHLY recommend removing the 2 relays from the bike and making the exchange being able to use both hands for this. I would also highly recommend having a friend that has very small hands to get to those relays. I found my hands were a little large but managed. It did take me about 3 hours from the removal of the first bolt to the completion of this task. Due to Gary's knowledge on the lighting system, I am now able to be easily seen from the rear when braking and also when using the turn signals. It is definitely an eye catcher. My hat is off to you Gary. Keep it up and soon, you should be receiving more orders for your harness from Las Vegas. THANX,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nummy
Posted 2012-03-15 6:47 PM (#110199 - in reply to #108859)
Subject: RE: SEQUENTIAL REAR LIGHTS

Puddle Jumper

Las Vegas, NV
Gary's harness did what it exactly stated it would do. But unfortunately I had a problem when on the highway with the cruise control on. When I turned on the turn signal to change lanes, the cruise control disengaged. I contacted Gary when I got to work and he responded very quickly and would think about this issue. Within just several hours, he responded again stating he believed I was having a power surge and would send me a diode to hopefully fix this issue or I could send the harness back to him. I opted for him to send the diode. After installing the diode and taking it for a test ride on the highway, the cruise control Red light showing the cruise was on, came on. But when I tried to engage the cruise control, the Green light on the dash flashed and the cruise would not engage. I contacted Gary and advised him the diode didn't work and I would be sending the harness back to him. A few days later, Gary sent me an email stating the purchase price had been refunded to my credit card. Again, nothing against Gary as he has done a wonderful job with the Sequential's, but unfortunately they didn't work for me. I know there are alot of very happy Vision owners with this harness and wish I could be one of them. I asked Gary to let me know when he has this bug worked out (hopefully it is just my bike) and I will be more than happy to do business with him again. His response times to emails were awesome to say the least. My original statement stands about the harness and Gary, but I wish it would have worked for me. Respectfully, Mike
nummy
Posted 2012-07-13 6:51 PM (#119419 - in reply to #108859)
Subject: RE: SEQUENTIAL REAR LIGHTS

Puddle Jumper

Las Vegas, NV
Please check out the new post for this review dated 07/13/12. THANX!!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™