You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision Exhaust leak
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Lloyd
Posted 2008-05-27 9:31 PM (#10966)
Subject: Vision Exhaust leak

Cruiser

I've know for years that any Victory from 02 and up with factory stock gaskets has the potential to have an exhaust leak at the head pipe do to the material of the "Gasket" being too DAMN HARD.
I've been looking at the Vision cross overs and noticed that all the bikes I've looked at have an exhaust leak on the rear left side of the bike were the large clamp is. This can cause a backfireing issue as most are aware of that will sometimes not go away until repaired. I know that new bikes aren't suppose to have leaks but if you have backfiring this could be your cause.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Member No. 1
Posted 2008-05-28 5:31 AM (#10982 - in reply to #10966)
Subject: RE: Vision Exhaust leak

Cruiser

Under the Rule of Jedi - Masshole
Thanks for the heads up.
Give me a shout when you can. Maybe hook up in Laconia so I can deliver some wheels.
RedRider
Posted 2008-05-28 6:14 AM (#10985 - in reply to #10966)
Subject: Re: Vision Exhaust leak

Visionary

Hey Lloyd,
So is your line of thinking that a change of gasket material will solve the problem or can a simple tightening of the clamp do the job?
Good to hear from you.
Rebel
Posted 2008-05-28 3:31 PM (#11008 - in reply to #10966)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Does this apply to the Stage 1 L2 pipes, too? Or are they one piece? I haven't seen a set yet, so I don't know what they look like, and that's what's going on my bike next week.
VisionTex
Posted 2008-05-29 8:30 AM (#11037 - in reply to #11008)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I looked at mine last night and I have the exhaust leak that Lloyd has described. I went ahead and tightened the clamp, but was already pretty tight. I cleaned off the exhaust smudge, so I'll see if the tightening did any good. The leak is on the cross over pipe on the left side of the bike where it transitions from rectangle to round and not where the muffler attaches. The type of muffler shouldn't make any difference on the leak. I still have a decel pop when the bike is cold, so I figure this maybe the main cause, when the bike is at operating temperature I don't have the pop. Maybe the gasket seals up when hot.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™