You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

uncovered threaded hole
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Squeak
Posted 2008-05-27 11:18 AM (#10927)
Subject: uncovered threaded hole

Cruiser

Brighton, Colorado
Just got my new skid plate and installed it without any trouble. I'm not a "wrench", so it was a big deal for me to do it. GREAT piece of metal. Heavy and fits perfect. Anyway, when I was down there screwin' and unscrewin', I noticed a threaded hole right next to the oil filter. It's immediately to the left a couple of inches. It's bare metal (coating is black around it) square with the threaded hole just to the edge of it. Does anybody know that that hole is for and should there be something in it to protect the hole? I have NO idea what it is and why it is there. The dealer hasn't been any help. I know SOMEBODY out there knows what it's for. Help!

greg
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2008-05-27 1:09 PM (#10937 - in reply to #10927)
Subject: RE: uncovered threaded hole

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Squeak - 2008-05-27 11:18 AM Just got my new skid plate and installed it without any trouble. I'm not a "wrench", so it was a big deal for me to do it. GREAT piece of metal. Heavy and fits perfect. Anyway, when I was down there screwin' and unscrewin', I noticed a threaded hole right next to the oil filter. It's immediately to the left a couple of inches. It's bare metal (coating is black around it) square with the threaded hole just to the edge of it. Does anybody know that that hole is for and should there be something in it to protect the hole? I have NO idea what it is and why it is there. The dealer hasn't been any help. I know SOMEBODY out there knows what it's for. Help! greg

I think it is to mount the bike on a camera tripod. Sorry, bad humor, but I've noticed it too and wondered why it is there. The only thing I can think of is for when the engine is pulled, it may got bolted to something, but I'm probably wrong. However, it would be a good idea to plug it to keep out the dirt until it was needed.

Member No. 1
Posted 2008-05-27 2:51 PM (#10944 - in reply to #10937)

Cruiser

Under the Rule of Jedi - Masshole
Since they use the same "cases" in all the models, more than likely it is a different mounting location.
Squeak
Posted 2008-05-28 10:59 AM (#10996 - in reply to #10927)

Cruiser

Brighton, Colorado
Member #1. You're right. They do use the same casings. This particular threaded hole is for the spider suspension on the Vegas. The hole doesn't go all the way through, so things should be fine.

I'll use the "camera tri-pod" theory when my wife and I take our cruise to Alaska next month. I'll just tell her the Vision is a tri-pod for my camera! Not sure if I'll be able to fit it in the cabin though!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this.

greg
Member No. 1
Posted 2008-05-28 11:14 AM (#10997 - in reply to #10996)

Cruiser

Under the Rule of Jedi - Masshole
Squeak - 2008-05-28 10:59 AM

I'll use the "camera tri-pod" theory when my wife and I take our cruise to Alaska next month. I'll just tell her the Vision is a tri-pod for my camera! Not sure if I'll be able to fit it in the cabin though!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this.

greg
Glad I could be of help.
If you are in need of a small tripod, I got one of these. Works great! Can wrap it around handle bars, tree limb, etc.

http://www.joby.com/

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=joby%20tripod&i...

They say not avaible in stores, but I got mine there, and have seen them recently.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7933864&type=product&...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™