You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Check oil light
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Teach
Posted 2008-05-21 10:26 PM (#10698)
Subject: Check oil light

Visionary

Was riding home tonight when I noticed my oil dash light is on dim. Haven't had a chance to talk to the dealer yet but I'll post when I now more.
Needless to say I likely wouldn't have noticed this if notfor riding in the dark, so just something to have a look out for. I suspect its just a bad sending module since its dim.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
autiger2
Posted 2008-05-21 10:37 PM (#10700 - in reply to #10698)
Subject: Re: Check oil light

Cruiser

Opelika, AL
Could it be "bleedover" from some of the other lights?
Member No. 1
Posted 2008-05-22 5:32 AM (#10708 - in reply to #10698)
Subject: RE: Check oil light

Cruiser

Under the Rule of Jedi - Masshole
We use to have this issue on the early Victorys. It was due to a poorly designed sending unit that allowed moisture to enter. The wetter it got the brighter the light. Scared the poo out of you if it came on while riding. Once you sealed it with silicone the problem would go away. Have you recently washed the bike or driven in the rain?
Not sure if this is what is causing your problem now, just thinking out loud.

Edited by Member No. 1 2008-05-22 5:33 AM
cjnoho
Posted 2008-05-23 1:22 AM (#10770 - in reply to #10698)

Visionary

So Cal
The oil press. switch is on the left side below the rear of the primary. The wire runs real close to the exhaust. There is a boot that goes over it but mine melted on the exhaust. May be the wire is rubbing? I took the boot off and slit a piece of 5/32 vac hose down the center and slid it over the wire. I also coated the switch terminal and the connector with a clear silicone grease for water protection. So far so good.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-05-23 1:23 AM (#10771 - in reply to #10698)

Visionary

So Cal
Oh. I also zip tyed the wire to the brake hose to keep it from hitting the exhaust.
Teach
Posted 2008-05-23 4:30 PM (#10811 - in reply to #10698)

Visionary

Thanks for the tie down tips. Yes I was riding in the rain when this happened and at night or I might not have noticed the light on it was so dim. My dealer is going to contact Victory (what else is new) and verify they have had issues with moisture and order in a new switch. Thanks again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™