You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Radio Volume control changes channel
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

bobbybhb
Posted 2008-05-18 8:59 PM (#10455)
Subject: Radio Volume control changes channel

Cruiser

CALGARY ALBERTA
I had the updated radio download installed and I am still have problems with the handle bar control volume switch. When I lower the volume from there it changes the channel. This is not good as you must use the dash switch to reduce the volume.
The bike came this way from day one.

Anyone have a resolve for this?
Everything else is GREAT.
BB
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alberts46
Posted 2008-05-18 10:01 PM (#10458 - in reply to #10455)
Subject: Re: Radio Volume control changes channel

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
I had the same problem, update also did not help. They replaced the 3 button control panel and that fixed it, it only took a couple of days for them to order and receive the new switch panel.
Teach
Posted 2008-05-18 10:25 PM (#10464 - in reply to #10455)

Visionary

Can someone tell me about the Radio Upgrade download? Whats that all about?
Oh and I too have the radio volume switching channels issue. Guess I'll have the dealer order a new one based on the reply here.
bobbybhb
Posted 2008-05-19 11:21 AM (#10488 - in reply to #10455)

Cruiser

CALGARY ALBERTA
Some people report great sound from their radio, and some (like me) think it could be much better. Mine distorts when it's turned up 1/2 way. I wander if it has anything to do with the software or hardware version of the radio. My radio software is version 4.08A and the hardware version is 4. If you have a unit that sounds great let me know what versions you have. You can find this info out by going into the Radio System Diagnostic menu on your radio. to do this follow the instructions below.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC and turn the radio off (Victory Motorcycles is shown on display)
2. Turn ignition switch OFF.
3. Turn ignition switch back to ACC.
4. PRESS & HOLD the #1 preset button and MODE button while turning the radio power ON.
5. The diagnostics mode is entered. Press MODE to toggle through the diagnostic funtions. To exit diagnostics press Power button.

NOTE: A "Watchdog Error Cleared" message will occasionally appear as the first thing displayed. This can be ignored, it is an internal software notification.

6. The first screen shows the radio software (SW) & hardware (HW) revision.
7. The second screen is used to check buttons and button wiring circuts related to the radio / com. system. The display contains two lines of "Zeros". Each location corresponds to a radio button on the radio, handlebar switches, or passenger switches. A (0) represents a button not being pressed. A one (1) represents a button being pressed. If a "1" appears at an address in the upper or lower row of the radio display the button and circuit wiring are funtioning correctly.
8. The third screen shows Tuner location, which will always be set to USA.
9. The forth screen list the status of the radio amplifier.
10. The fifth screen displays vehicle speed. This can be used to test if the radio is receiving the vehicle speed CAN message from the PCM. It could also be used to test for a faulty CAN bus connection to the radio. If the speedometer is working but the radio is showing zero speed, it has no CAN connection.
11. If there are no accessories installed on the vehicle, the display will go back to the first screen. If accessories are installed, there are additional diagnostics screens for each accessory, showing the SW & HW revisions, etc.

This how to check for it. If your bike is a late model build it will already be done.
BB
cjnoho
Posted 2008-05-19 9:11 PM (#10542 - in reply to #10455)
Subject: RE: Radio Volume control changes channel

Visionary

So Cal
bobbybhb - 2008-05-18 5:59 PM

I had the updated radio download installed and I am still have problems with the handle bar control volume switch. When I lower the volume from there it changes the channel. This is not good as you must use the dash switch to reduce the volume.
The bike came this way from day one.

Anyone have a resolve for this?
Everything else is GREAT.
BB

Sounds like a problem with the handlebar control.
I remember a post about some of the ealier models having the harness for the control routed incorrectly.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-05-19 9:17 PM (#10543 - in reply to #10455)

Visionary

So Cal
My radio has always sounded great, but I only listen to XM. They downloaded the 4.13 to try and fix the ipod issues with no luck. Even the ipod sounds just freezes at any time for no reason and still have the mute problem.
GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2008-05-19 9:18 PM (#10544 - in reply to #10455)

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!
I had the same problem that you are talking about. Mine only happened intermittently, but was a PITA anyway. When my bike was in for the warranty radio replacement, the tech took apart the actual handlebar control jiggled the wires a little, and put it back together. *Knock wood* it hasn't done the volume/channel change thing since.
VisionTex
Posted 2008-05-20 8:16 AM (#10568 - in reply to #10544)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
After explaining to my service manager about the problems with the handle bar radio controls that everyone has described. He called the factory and they explained to him, those are resistance type controls and that it may have to be changed out. So that is probably in my Visions future. Using the dash controls, I never have an issue with the I-pod or radio.
DecTec
Posted 2008-05-20 9:10 AM (#10571 - in reply to #10455)

Cruiser

Pocono Mountains of PA
I had and issue the same when I got my Vision last month. The station would change 1 frequency or my Ipod would change songs. What I found was my glove finger tilp was tapping the tune button. I've been a lot more careful and now it seems fine. I chalked it up to startup brain fade and getting used to a new bike.
Member No. 1
Posted 2008-05-20 9:22 AM (#10572 - in reply to #10571)

Cruiser

Under the Rule of Jedi - Masshole
DecTec, Just be 100% sure it is/was the glove. I to have had this happen and I made sure I was not hitting the tune button.
Big Vic
Posted 2008-05-20 7:43 PM (#10639 - in reply to #10455)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Check out the thread titled "Radio Differences" I posted February 20th. It looks like bobbybhb found it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™