You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Headset Volume
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Vsion
Posted 2008-05-16 10:17 PM (#10369)
Subject: Victory Headset Volume

Cruiser

Southeast, AZ United States
Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you are using the Victory headsets and have found the volume to be too low to hear music or icom. I noticed the problem a week ago, I started on a trip and the volume issue was present when I left the house. Half way through the trip it started working again and I didn't have any other problems. A couple of days ago I went for a ride and the problem returned and I can't get it to correct itself. I got a couple of replacement headsets from the dealer and they do the same thing. I had the firmware upgrade done yesterday and that fixed the iPod problems I was having but the headset volume is still terrible (yes I have adjusted the icom, cb volume).

As a side note, I put some J&M headsets in some other helmets and they work fine, no problem at all. I sure would like to determine what the problem is and get it corrected, it doesn't make any sense to me that the J&M would work fine and the Victory doesn't...can anyone offer any suggestions, experiences or help?

Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Vsion
Posted 2008-05-16 11:00 PM (#10372 - in reply to #10369)
Subject: RE: Victory Headset Volume

Cruiser

Southeast, AZ United States
Disregard!!! all I needed to do was move my ears closer to the speakers...so to speak, sorry for the wasted bandwidth...

Ride Safe,

Ken

p.s. Boy do I feel dumb!!!
jama
Posted 2008-05-17 12:36 AM (#10375 - in reply to #10369)
Subject: Re: Victory Headset Volume

Cruiser

Arkansas
Not so fast, I have the Elite 584 J&M's and I too have decreased volume just as you describe above.
slyder
Posted 2008-05-17 8:29 AM (#10391 - in reply to #10369)

Puddle Jumper

Valparaiso, IN
I am having the same problem. The radio volume has to be at 15+ to be able to hear and the CB Volume is pegged at 30 and I can barely hear anyone. I have had the firmware upgrade as well. I am using the Victory headsets and just thought it was them.
Indiana RoadRunner
Posted 2008-05-17 10:22 AM (#10396 - in reply to #10391)

Tourer

Dale, Indiana
I guess I am weird.
My intercom is a little loud (CB is ok) and I can't turn it down until they fix my digital readout next week.
Least I can still adjust my music volume.

alberts46
Posted 2008-05-17 12:04 PM (#10400 - in reply to #10369)

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
I have been having the problem since the CB install. Little volume on the CB, no volume out of one headset speaker, no CB volume from external speakers, etc. I have a copy of a letter from Victory to the dealers stating that the CB through the external speakers would be solved with the update, did not happen. Had the update, tried everything, victory advised the dealer that they think we have a bad CB unit, will advise after we replace that. The update helped the IPOD, but still not perfect, can't bring up playlists, mute works now, tuning works, etc. I am a little set back regarding the CB issue as this is a no brainer, been on every Ultra Classic for years, your choice, headset speakers, exterior speakers or both and all the volume you want.
wrr1home
Posted 2008-05-23 8:34 PM (#10824 - in reply to #10369)

Cruiser

My headset speakers are fine on everything EXCEPT the CB. Volume is adjustable for the stereo and for the ICOM, but with the CB maxed at 30, I can hear it but it is nowhere near what I would be comfortable with, or what it should be.

I use the ICOM at about 19, and the stereo between 10 and 15, with plenty of volume control left if necessary, but the CB just isn't cutting it....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™