You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

iPod lead
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Teach
Posted 2008-05-16 9:38 PM (#10360)
Subject: iPod lead

Visionary

Just a heads up on the iPod lead (not the stock). Give it a little bend where the cord flex point is near the flat plug end. I picked one up last week and installed it only to find out today when I tried playing my iPod, the lead is defective. Any slight bend at the point previously mentioned and the iPod bounces between stereo & mono.
I'll have the dealer get me in a new one no problem and I'm not sure its anything other than a one off. Just wanted to bring it to everyones attention so no one gets a surprise.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
metalguy
Posted 2008-05-18 12:38 AM (#10424 - in reply to #10360)
Subject: Re: iPod lead

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I noticed on mine that the connector thatinterfaces with the iPod can come apart, and cause all kinds of mischief. I wound some F-4 tape around it, and no more problems there!-----Metalguy
UtahVision85
Posted 2008-05-26 12:37 AM (#10880 - in reply to #10360)
Subject: RE: iPod lead

New user

My ipod likes to stop playing sometimes when i have it hooked up to the Vision and i have to reset it. It sometimes does this when i hit the mute button on the hand control. The dealer said he had this problem with his 80gig ipod. He said since it has a hard drive, it would skip and stop working. So he got a nano with a flash memory and he said that fixed his problem. But i don't want to buy another ipod. But i guess if i can spend 21k on a bike, i can spend 200 for another ipod.
g1nomad
Posted 2008-05-30 12:44 PM (#11130 - in reply to #10360)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
Teach - 2008-05-16 9:38 PM

Give it a little bend where the cord flex point is near the flat plug end. I picked one up last week and installed it only to find out today when I tried playing my iPod, the lead is defective. Any slight bend at the point previously mentioned and the iPod bounces between stereo & mono.

So you are saying DON'T give it a bend. I have a new cord in the package. Once I get some
songs loaded on the Nano, I will get the inspiration to install the cord. At that point, I lose my
accessory cord though, right? Is there is another accessory input under the dash for a GPS
input?

Thanks, Herb
mike s
Posted 2008-05-30 5:51 PM (#11146 - in reply to #11130)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
g1nomad - 2008-05-30 12:44 PM

Is there is another accessory input under the dash for a GPS
input?

Thanks, Herb

The GPS connection harness is on the right side of the dash...
cjnoho
Posted 2008-05-30 8:49 PM (#11154 - in reply to #10360)

Visionary

So Cal
I soaked my ipod connector with WD-40 and threw the ipod (8G nano) on the bench for a month. Hooked everything back up last week and so far everything has been working great. Even the mute worked.
ebayjoe
Posted 2008-07-03 9:38 AM (#12796 - in reply to #10360)

Cruiser

East Ohio
I'm trying to connect my ipod cable and can not get it to pull through the hole in the side compartment, how do I get the consol panel off, I removed the two bolts near the seat, but dont know what is holding it at the top, thanks,

Super Steel
ebayjoe
Posted 2008-07-03 10:09 AM (#12798 - in reply to #10360)

Cruiser

East Ohio
I found the instructions on another thread " center consol removal" go figure, thanks

Super Steel
metalguy
Posted 2008-07-03 3:51 PM (#12816 - in reply to #10360)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
Oh, man! you don't need to do all that!! Just pull out the grommit that the cacle goes through, and you should be able to get the connector thru the hole, and swap leads.------Metalguy
Crawford
Posted 2008-07-03 4:09 PM (#12818 - in reply to #12816)

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
That is the rubber grommet that the MP3 cable goes thru the side of the compartment. The iPod cable has it's own rubber grommet on it, which goes back into the hole to seal the compartment. It's about a two minute job.

Edited by Crawford 2008-07-03 4:14 PM
Crawford
Posted 2008-07-03 4:22 PM (#12819 - in reply to #10360)

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
I made a insert out of dense foam for the iPod compartment and put my Hard Drive iPod in the middle of it and I have not had any problems.
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-07-03 8:30 PM (#12827 - in reply to #12818)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Crawford - 2008-07-03 3:09 PM

That is the rubber grommet that the MP3 cable goes thru the side of the compartment. The iPod cable has it's own rubber grommet on it, which goes back into the hole to seal the compartment. It's about a two minute job.

Would you say that the iPod lead and the Aux audio lead are interchangable enough that you could use them both throughout the same tip? Sounds pretty simple, I don't know that I'd want to go without the Aux input being available on my bike at least part of the time.
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-04 9:14 AM (#12860 - in reply to #10360)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Yes, you can swap them out in less than a minute, once you do it once or twice to get a feel for it. It's really just a matter of unplugging one cable and plugging in the other. The hardest part of the whole operation is getting the rubber grommet back in place, and that is pretty easy.

As easy as the swap is, though, I don't recommend doing it while going down the road.
firehawk
Posted 2008-07-08 4:49 PM (#13135 - in reply to #12860)

Cruiser

College Station, Tx
I just put my cable on yesterday and LOVE it!! I noticed that it out the victory logo on my ipod when it is connected....now that is sweet!!
STARSHIP 1
Posted 2008-07-08 5:10 PM (#13138 - in reply to #13135)

Cruiser

Houston, Texas
Hope your IPOD doesn't lock up after about ten minutes.
ebayjoe
Posted 2008-07-08 8:03 PM (#13148 - in reply to #10360)

Cruiser

East Ohio
The connector block on the aux cord was caught behind another wire under the consol which is why i had to remove the consol, got the cord in, hooked up the 2nd generation nano, love it, the victory logo is a nice touch, got a couple hundred miles on it, no problem with it locking up

Super Steel
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-07-08 8:08 PM (#13149 - in reply to #10360)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Thanks for the info. I'm still leary about swapping out for the Aux plug back and forth. I figure that; eventually, I'll wear the connector out since they are not made to be cycled so much. Still mulling it over. It seems like the swap over is completely straight forward though.
Thanks again,
-Will
Rebel
Posted 2008-07-08 11:10 PM (#13171 - in reply to #13138)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
STARSHIP 1 - 2008-07-08 5:10 PM

Hope your IPOD doesn't lock up after about ten minutes.

Just about all the iPod problems can be solved by updating to the 4.13A audio flash. Before I got that done I couldn't use any of the controls for the iPod or it would lock up, I couldn't mute it or it would lock up, and I usually only got about 4 songs out of it before it would start acting goofy and then lock up. Now, mind you, I am using the 80 GB iPod Classic, which doesn't work with this system very well.

Yesterday, though, I finally got the audio software updated and added a couple of foam pads to the glove box to cushion the iPod a tad. Since then, it has been absolutely trouble free. I can use all the controls and everything. It's such a big improvement that I am now in love with the iPod.
Teach
Posted 2008-07-12 1:19 PM (#13412 - in reply to #10360)

Visionary

Glad everyone is getting it worked out. Mine started as the bad lead cord as I mentioned. While on my recent trip I ran into much bigger problems with not being able to use the hand control on the bar for inputs, seems thats bad now. Seems mine is one of the worst vic has heard of so the new hand control should be out in about 3-4 weeks.
BarryBennett
Posted 2008-07-13 11:41 PM (#13504 - in reply to #10360)

Cruiser

Columbia,MO
Do you have to buy the communications harness to control the ipod from the handle bar controls or do you only have to buy the ipod cord? Victory books says you need the harness. My dealer doesn't think you do. Thanks
Newfie
Posted 2008-07-13 11:54 PM (#13507 - in reply to #10360)

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
No you do not need the wireing harness....only the Ipod cord.

Hope this helps.
BarryBennett
Posted 2008-07-14 12:02 AM (#13509 - in reply to #13507)

Cruiser

Columbia,MO
Thanks! Todd for the info. That will be my next buy along with a new ipod. Was on a benefit poker run yesterday and I guess the rain got to my ipod. The touch controls will not do anything. Tried reseting it on the computer and still nothing.
Breaker
Posted 2008-07-14 4:39 PM (#13557 - in reply to #10360)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Just an FYI. . . .

I put the IPod cable on the bike yesterday, after removing the aux cable that was on there, and noticed that the wires behind the connector on the bike side (not the Ipod cable), were showing bare wire - like they had either rubbed off at some point or had not been stripped properly at the factory. Not a big deal, a little electrical tape fixed it right up, but I was getting some weird static when playing songs before I fixed the wires.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™