You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

what is the cd changer model # please
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

motomarc
Posted 2008-05-11 8:10 AM (#10059)
Subject: what is the cd changer model # please

Puddle Jumper

jokelahoma city, jokelahoma
Ok I have searched out sony explode units there is only 3 changers out there.
the units are CDX-757MX and the CDX-565MXRF.

by looking at pictures I am darn nere positive that the first unit the CDX-757MX is the correct unit now all I need to do is see about the cable and the mounting hardware.
cable should be easy from dealer but the mounting into the trunk is a differnt story.

I can always manufacture something i guess for the $350 I will save buying the unit online not from the stealership.

Motomarc
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2008-05-11 10:45 AM (#10063 - in reply to #10059)
Subject: Re: what is the cd changer model # please

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Why would you even bother with a cd player? I love my tunes, so I'm in the same boat, always want my tunes with me. I just bought a creative labs 32g (non-hard drive) mp3/video player. At the moment, I have 210 albums and around 2300 songs loaded on it and it is not even a third full. You could do the same with a cd player, but then you would have to take the suitcase of CD's with you. Just wondering, I need a larger hard drive to rip music to. Once I have that, I will put my entire collection on a hard drive, then sync it to the 32 gig player.
pollolittle
Posted 2008-05-11 10:46 AM (#10064 - in reply to #10059)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
double post.

Edited by pollolittle 2008-05-11 10:46 AM
pollolittle
Posted 2008-05-11 10:46 AM (#10065 - in reply to #10059)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
triple post.

Edited by pollolittle 2008-05-11 10:46 AM
motomarc
Posted 2008-05-11 11:52 AM (#10069 - in reply to #10063)

Puddle Jumper

pollolittle - 2008-05-11 9:45 AM

Why would you even bother with a cd player? I love my tunes, so I'm in the same boat, always want my tunes with me. I just bought a creative labs 32g (non-hard drive) mp3/video player. At the moment, I have 210 albums and around 2300 songs loaded on it and it is not even a third full. You could do the same with a cd player, but then you would have to take the suitcase of CD's with you. Just wondering, I need a larger hard drive to rip music to. Once I have that, I will put my entire collection on a hard drive, then sync it to the 32 gig player.

Well no one answered the question at hand but here is a response to your comment.

I have a ipod and also a sansa mp3 players both are new and work good under normal conditions.
I used the sansa for over 1 week before buying the Ipod cord and have had issues from the start.

my ipod keeps focking up and I am tired of having to pull over reset it and reset the radio by turning off the bike.
when I go to change songs/playlists or go up 10 songs by touchinbg button 2 times it will start scrolling through songs and never stop.
that's why I am going mp3cd player.
I just took it in I have the version 4.13 audio .
did the button test and have issues with it sometimes it throws 0's not 1's so I will be getting that replaced asap.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-05-11 12:22 PM (#10070 - in reply to #10069)

Visionary

So Cal
motomarc - 2008-05-11 8:52 AM

pollolittle - 2008-05-11 9:45 AM

Well no one answered the question at hand but here is a response to your comment.

I have a ipod and also a sansa mp3 players both are new and work good under normal conditions.
I used the sansa for over 1 week before buying the Ipod cord and have had issues from the start.

my ipod keeps focking up and I am tired of having to pull over reset it and reset the radio by turning off the bike.
when I go to change songs/playlists or go up 10 songs by touchinbg button 2 times it will start scrolling through songs and never stop.
did the button test and have issues with it sometimes it throws 0's not 1's so I will be getting that replaced asap.

I had the same idea. The sony CD player is also mp3. (about 10-12 albums per CDx6) My dealer had one in stock when I bought the bike, $600. Found the Sony Xplode online for $160. Already had the harness for XM. Thought I would check out the dealers unit the next time in to see if there were any major diffrences. They had sent it back because everyone was going ipod. Cant find the Sony unit at Best Buy or CC, special order only. Havent persued the issue futher. Cant say for sure but I would assume the bike was designed around sonys mounting hardware. If not, something could be adapted. The only real question is the harness. Again cant see Sony changing their player for such a small run of vehicles so I assume the harness was made to fit the player. Mounting the player below the access panel would be the best place but that area isnt weather tight. Mounting above would cut into trunk space. I was thinking about just ordering from Sony and taking a chance, if it doesnt fit I could always use it in my truck. Would eliminate my ipod issues, would it create others?
pollolittle
Posted 2008-05-11 1:55 PM (#10075 - in reply to #10059)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Oops! I really didn't have an answer so I thought I would inquire to the other question. I am going to put a smidge of velcro on the mp3 and stick it where the gps would normally go. Then, reroute the cable in the glove box, so I can hook it up and be able to control it on the dash. Seems like a smidge less money and you got way more storage capacity with the 32 gig unit, it also has a SD card slot, just in case 32 ain't enough. Either way I would have to shuffle through or pick a cD to play or create a playlist. Rock on!
mike s
Posted 2008-05-11 3:30 PM (#10077 - in reply to #10069)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
motomarc - 2008-05-11 11:52 AM

You have a bad audio control switch block AND a bad Ipod harness. I was having similar issues. Have your dealer replace both and, with the new firmware, you should be good to go...
motomarc
Posted 2008-05-12 9:16 AM (#10110 - in reply to #10077)

Puddle Jumper

mike s - 2008-05-11 2:30 PM

motomarc - 2008-05-11 11:52 AM

You have a bad audio control switch block AND a bad Ipod harness. I was having similar issues. Have your dealer replace both and, with the new firmware, you should be good to go...

Thank you for the info on the audio block and cable I was thinking cable as well or my new 80gb IPod is bad.
I am tight with my dealer and personal friends with the service manger so I will get them on the way first thing tommorow.

I see you have the loydz vfcIII on yours. can you fill me in on how good it works ease of connection to harness, fuel milage etc.

I am waiting on the stage 2 pipes to come in so I can here them on the bike before shelling out $600 they have been on backorder 2 weeks now.
I am ready to say don't put them on the floor bike call me when there here and put them on my bike LOL. If I don't it will be additional 3 weeks till mine would be in stock, as the parts manager is telling me "they (factory) only make them when they get ordered they do not have a stock of them at all".
Does anyone believe that ? I am not that gullable I say somone makes them for Victory.
Thanks to all who post in the forums with all the great info.
MotoMarc
pollolittle
Posted 2008-05-12 11:26 AM (#10115 - in reply to #10110)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I don't believe it but I don't know if my dealer has them or not. He has a stage 2 kit on a vision and I test rode it. With a full face helmet on it sounds stock at idle and cruising. Maybe a smidge louder. When you get on the throttle and really get after it, I still heard more of the airbox and motor than I did the exhaust. However, standing at the end of those very long pipes, about a three feet away: At idle rumbly like a big V8 just idling away with like some old school cherry bombs on it. Rap the throttle and it barks well and loud and just like the ride brings a grin ear to ear. I loved it. Stealthy yet to the point when you want it to. Gotta go find me $600, on my honey tree.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™