You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Sticky Welcome & Introductions
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

GeddyLee
Posted 2013-01-05 11:36 AM (#129192 - in reply to #1)
Subject: Re: Welcome & Introductions

New user

Hi all. New member here from Northern California. About Me: I'm about to turn 42; been riding since I was 15... mostly HD. Went from Suzuki 50 scooters to a 2 year stint on a Honda Hurricane 1000, to a '90 HD lowrider for many years, to my Roadking, which I've been on since 2004. I tend to try and turn my bikes into psuedo tourers. I ride over 10k a year, and I've been itching to go to a true touring set-up. Almost pulled the trigger on a 2012 Rocket 3 touring, but despite the awesome power gain, the ride set-up wasn't going to be completely different than my Roadking (windshield only, and limited storage).... which is fine, but I've been craving a more comortable ride for long interstate rides, AND power.

So here I am. Been researching EXTREMELY hard, and Im sure I have found my future bike (Vision)... Truth be told, I think the looks are so unique... love the character, and the added power (for me anyway) seems to be what I've been looking for. I actually think it's great that so many folks find this bike so fugly.. Whether we're taking about art or science, real "outta the box" thinking usually turns the masses off. The hivemind just can't seem to handle it. Anyway, their ugly bike just looks more and more beautiful to me. I hope you all don't mind my constant lurking and questions.. The knowledge and openmindedness of these forums have been much appreciated. Thanks again for having me.
------------------

"Ookla, Ariel, RIDE!!
-TTB
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-01-05 6:25 PM (#129212 - in reply to #1)

Visionary

right up front it takes gas very slow. With out trunk not much storage for the average biker. No more bad things.
Like you had a lot of harleys and after riding for a week I didn't want back on. Dan vision I never want to get off. Yes it has beauty that most can't see. When I show my harley friends all the neat things like glove box electric windshield link breaks and I can beat any stock harley out there.
When you buy one set your price and be firm get them to throw in the first five hundred mile check up. I here the Arlen Ness store treats people right
Rammurry
Posted 2013-01-27 7:20 PM (#130171 - in reply to #1)
Subject: RE: Welcome & Introductions

Cruiser

Hello everyone. Have been reading your words for some time now. This is my first Victory, have had many bikes mostly H.D. Still have a BMW 1150RT. If the Vision live up to my expectations the beemer will probably go. I got hacked off in late august when my 2008 FLHT cam bearings failed with less than 3k on them after head work and cams. I rode a Cross Country and liked it. I took a trip to Missouri and visited the Vic dealer in Springfield Mo. and saw a Vision. I finally found a 2011 Crimson Red and Black Vision with less than 6k on it in early October. Rode it, haggled, and took it home. Have ridden it about 1k so far. This really is a cool ride and the co-pilot is liking it too. It has S1L1, highway pegs, extra chrome, and passenger floor board extensions. Might cam it, will do fuel controller, adjustable cam timing wheel, and top filter, all from Loyds, stereo upgrades are coming also, am thing Arc Audio Amp and Hybrid Audio speakers. Your forum influenced my purchase. Thank you for what I have learned so far, and for what I will gain in the future. Wish I had been paying attention sooner.

Rick
Thomas
Posted 2013-01-27 8:09 PM (#130173 - in reply to #130171)

Central Wisconsin
Rick ...welcome to the forum from central Wisconsin. This year will be my 5th season with the Vision. Having extra power from the cam upgrade is nice account of all my riding with the Vision is 2up. About my only gripe is accessing the rear saddlebags. Good luck with your Vision.
Jeddo
Posted 2013-06-13 8:03 AM (#140405 - in reply to #1)

Puddle Jumper

Thumb, MI United States
I am going to pick up my "13" red vision after dealer installs mods in six days. Took a demo ride of. CC tour and vision tour 2 up and was surprised that I wound up with the vision (preconceived notions ?). I love bike forums for the wealth of information from so many generous folk. I am sure that I will learn a lot and enjoy my farkling journey with you all. Thanks in advance. Tom.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-06-13 9:55 AM (#140408 - in reply to #1)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Welcome to the Vision family Tom! You are in for an incredible journey. I just turned 2K on my 13 Vision and each ride is better than the last!
tmoore
Posted 2013-09-30 9:48 PM (#146070 - in reply to #1)

Puddle Jumper

Madison/Huntsville, AL
Hey folks,
Tom from Madison/Huntsville AL here. Picked up my '13 Vision last week with 1 mile on the odometer. I'm stoked about getting her broken in then riding like I stole it. I've been on a '04 Vegas I bought new for the past 8 years and am a die hard Victory fanboy. When I bought the Vegas I tried everything out there. When I bought the Vision, I realized 2 days later I hadn't even test ridden any other brand; just tried Visions and XCs.
Don07tncav
Posted 2013-10-01 5:18 AM (#146078 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Welcome Tom!
ljurgens
Posted 2013-10-29 8:08 AM (#148279 - in reply to #1)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
Hello everyone,
Lance here from Western WI. Just picked up my 2013 Vision in black! Traded in an 08 Kingpin Tour which I thought handled great, that is until I rode the Vision... Just love this baby already and I've only got 50 miles on her so far. Wife and daughter love the back seat, especially the heat this time of year!

Can't wait for next riding season now.

(2013Vision.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2013Vision.jpg (138KB - 0 downloads)
Don07tncav
Posted 2013-10-29 7:40 PM (#148305 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Welcome! Great looking Vision!
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-07 10:46 PM (#149453 - in reply to #1)

Glendale, AZ United States
My name is Vlad, like "Vlad the Impaler" if there are any Dracula fans out there. I bought a used 09 Vision Premium about five months ago and put 10K on the bike thus far. So far I am very happy with the bike and it has never left me stranded thus far, which is a good thing and I don't want to jinx it either. The bulk of the riding I do is long distance touring. I have a couple BMW buddies, Goldwing buddy, and my brother that rides a 2013 HD road glide custom. We all enjoy the nice 400 mile leisure ride for lunch, but I have done those 700 mile plus days, which is where the Vision shines in my opinion. I live in Glendale Arizona. I am up for a ride if there is anybody out there within the state of AZ that enjoys the same. I joined to get some pointers on the Vision specifically with regard to tech information in addition to meeting new people that ride irregardless of make/model of motorcycle in my neck of the woods. I ride all year long so please get in contact with me and/or keep me in mind if you and your buddies plan on a local trip.
Don07tncav
Posted 2013-12-08 5:41 AM (#149458 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Welcome to the site Vlad!
sjaskow
Posted 2014-05-26 2:54 PM (#157714 - in reply to #1)

Puddle Jumper

Hastings, MN United States

Hello,

My name is Stuart and I live in SW Ohio. I just bought a 2012 Vision with a little over 6000 miles which is quite the upgrade from a Suzuki Boulevard S40. I've been looking to upgrade to a large cruiser with lockable bags and had the list narrowed down to a Victory CC, Vision or a Vstar 1300 Tour Deluxe. I tried the star at a Yamaha demo days, decided I really didn't like it and then pulled the trigger on the '12 that I'd been emailing the dealer about for about a month. I'm looking forward to many, many miles on my new bike.

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2014-05-27 9:21 AM (#157737 - in reply to #1)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Welcome Vlad and sjaskow!
There's a ton of info on this site in the Tech Reference section, Parts listing, Articles, and first-person experience in the forums.
Enjoy and spread the word!
DjTimmyG
Posted 2014-05-29 8:51 PM (#157819 - in reply to #1)

New user

Indepenedence, KY United States
Hi Everyone...
I'm Tim and I just purchased my first Victory about a month ago. She's a 2011 Vision with only 10k miles on her. The wife and I just took a 950 mile weekend tour this past weekend from our home in Northern Kentucky through Franklin, NC, on to Deals Gap and then back home. The vision rode like a dream! Love the way it handles and of course it is a great conversation starter.
Looking forward to chatting with y'all and learning some of the improvements & mods y'all have made to your bikes!

Thanks,
Tim

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (106KB - 0 downloads)
Don07tncav
Posted 2014-05-30 4:13 AM (#157826 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Welcome! Great looking VV!
carlrbrugger
Posted 2014-09-19 9:02 PM (#165963 - in reply to #1)

New user

Erie, PA United States

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and finally put a deposit down on a 2014 Vision today.  Can't wait to pick it up and get a few miles on it before the snow starts.

Blue Sky Guy
Posted 2014-09-20 12:27 AM (#165964 - in reply to #165963)

Tourer

scotts valley, California

Welcome from the west coast.  I'll meet you in the middle someday.

Don07tncav
Posted 2014-09-21 6:50 AM (#165989 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Welcome!
FlightClub
Posted 2015-06-25 11:45 PM (#172988 - in reply to #1)

New user

Will do, let's ride.
jc0808
Posted 2015-10-05 6:59 PM (#175299 - in reply to #1)

Puddle Jumper

VA Beach
Greetings,

New to this Forum. I recently acquired a 2009 Ice Blue Vision. I am replacing my 2007 Goldwing with 115K miles with the Vision. I have bee averaging about 25-30 K-miles a year on 2 bikes. My other bike is an Indian Chieftain. Since I acquired the Vision about a month ago I have not been on the Chieftain (still an awesome bike). I previously owed a King Pin and a Cross Country. I am a Victory fan.

The Vision had over $7K of extras including the CB and reverse gear. So far I have added the ST1L1 exhaust and timing gear. I ordered the Lloydz filter and the PCV.

Glowing is still for sale.

JC

(ice blue.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ice blue.jpg (44KB - 0 downloads)
glennuk
Posted 2015-11-13 5:04 PM (#176616 - in reply to #1)

Puddle Jumper

Hi all
Just a bit of back ground on me.
Bought my first victory vision 3 weeks ago 2014 with 3200 miles can't say I loved it straight away in fact after week one though I had made a big mistake.after years of goldwings the vision seamed to lack low down grunt of the wing and the vision makes so many engine noises compared to the wing.but after week one I modified the throttle with a home made throttle ring now it has a true 1/4 throttle and for me this has made a mile of diffrence it seamed to help me find its power and find the throttle more controllable.i ride to work every day but roads are wet and slippery this time of year over here in the uk so haven't had chance to really try out the handling.im starting to love the vision now still think it needs more low end torque so tunning will come later. It is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. only other gripe I have is hooking up things to run with the stereo and its controls is a real pain and victory are having a laugh at the price of the outdated iPod cable (still old apple 30 pin connecter) $200 over here in the uk.

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (106KB - 2 downloads)
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-11-13 5:41 PM (#176617 - in reply to #1)

Visionary

Rick
long as your N CA. go see the arlen ness shop. Even if you don't buy the bikes you'll see are worth the trip
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-11-14 6:04 AM (#176620 - in reply to #1)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Holy $hit we got the singer of RUSH on here !! lol Welcome !! there is so much info on here... (8 years worth).. sit back and read read read.... more than likely a question you might have, its been covered before.. i wanna say even the question of. how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if woodchuck could chuck wood ! im pretty sure that has been covered on here as well... and if you're ever in a pissed off mood and you want to start trouble... start a oil thread and watch the blood shed unfold !
rdbudd
Posted 2015-11-15 10:10 AM (#176629 - in reply to #176616)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Welcome glennuk.

When first coming off of a Goldwing to a Vision, they do seem to be a bit down on low end torque, but it is mostly due to gearing differences. The Goldwing is geared 4.5% lower in 1st gear than the Vision, so it seems to have more torque due to the greater torque multiplication in 1st gear. You will soon get used to it. Pull up alongside a Goldwing with both it and your Vision in 4th gear or 5th gear and see what happens. The torque is very close.

Lots of us have installed Lloydz cams and intake and added a fuel tuner. Doing so gives the Vision even more power than a Goldwing has, from bottom to top. The cams add most of their gain above 4000 RPM, and it is substantial. You can still gain much without them, with things like Lloydz adjustable timing wheel, intake, and a fuel tuner.

The stock exhaust flows very well. Don't change it unless you just want louder.

Ronnie
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™