You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

O2 Sensor
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Len Rhymes
Posted 2008-06-12 12:42 PM (#11748)
Subject: O2 Sensor

Jacksonville Florida
While removing my header pipes the technician found one of the O2 sensors was installed at a 30 degree angle. Could not be removed with a wrench. New header and O2 sensor on order. Another black eye for Victory. Instead of Bob Pecks running his mouth in the Victory magazine he should be on the production line doing quality control work. Who in the hell screws an O2 sensor in at a 30 degree angle and doesn't know it. Maybe they should go back to running one specific model one day and another model the next.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2008-06-12 3:34 PM (#11756 - in reply to #11748)
Subject: RE: O2 Sensor

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

You think we've got problems, go to the V-Twin Forum-for Harley Riders and hear all the Harley riders complaining about how HD sucks, then they always manage with ending in "I love my Harley!"

Hope it was under warantee.

"I love my Victory!"

PS: Miles or JAM how about more smiley face options?

amessen
Posted 2008-06-12 3:45 PM (#11757 - in reply to #11748)
Subject: Re: O2 Sensor

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
Mistakes are made things get screwed up but overall the best quaility on bikes I have seen in a long time comes from Victory. that said your dealer should be fighting for you if it is not under warranty. A good dealer goes a long ways toward maqking things right.

I just had my 500 mile done and it went smoothly and we only have one problem that is being taken care of by Victory and it is with the Headset harness. other than that we are trouble free and loving the ride. Archie
Mazman99
Posted 2008-06-12 6:09 PM (#11760 - in reply to #11748)
Subject: RE: O2 Sensor

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE
Len,

I can understand your frustration. One thing you can be satisfied about is Victory and their warranty committment. I have a Vision and it has been outstanding. To put this into contrast, I owned an '07 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic. The thing had detonation problems that they weren't able to take care of, the highway bars were mounted on the frame crooked, the pipes had the slag from the welding that was not cleaned off before they chromed them, the header pipes were so discolored and bluing from the motor running so lean, the end caps on the exhaust pipes were rusting, and the decorative trim with the rubber bumper on the rear fender was mounted crooked. I sent off a blistering narrative to Harley and the dealer. Nothing was done.

Heritage only tastes so good until you have to eat it.
Len Rhymes
Posted 2008-06-12 9:03 PM (#11764 - in reply to #11748)

Jacksonville Florida
My Vision only has 1800 miles on it so the warrenty is good to go. My bike was built on a friday. Guess I should have requested a bike built in the middle of the week. I don't have the problems that a lot of others do but they should not have those problems either. A great handling bike with spectacular styling should not be slapped together and then have the irate customer beat their dealer up over something that is out of the dealers control. Florida has a lemon law but I don't know if it covers bikes. How about it Golfer.
Rebel
Posted 2008-06-13 5:59 AM (#11774 - in reply to #11748)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Len, most states that have lemon laws don't cover bikes. Motorcycles are considered RVs by most laws, not motor vehicles. That said, however, my lawyer told me that the basic premise of the lemon law does apply to bikes in that you have a basic contract to buy a good or service and said good or service is expected to be free of major defects. If not, you can ask for a full refund. Also note that lemon laws refer to persistant problem(s) that are not fixed after repeated trips to an authorized repair facility. One or two defects that are fixed satisfactorily by the dealer does not constitute a lemon.

All manufactured items are eventually going have defects. This is especially true in something as complex or complicated as a car or motorcycle. If you find a manufacturing defect your dealer/manufacturer should fix it for you with no problem. If they refuse to fix it or are unable to fix it after several attempts, then you need to pitch a big stink about it.
Len Rhymes
Posted 2008-06-14 5:03 PM (#11818 - in reply to #11748)

Jacksonville Florida
Reb, I had a 94 Chevy 1 ton that I had a constant problem with. Engine would cut off and would not restart. Had to be towed in half dozen times. They would replace the pump and I would be happy four about 6,ooo miles and then the same thing would happen. G.M. knew they had a problem but since they probably had thousands of these pumps on the shelf they would not replace them with a quality pump. Anyway did submit a claim and some arbitrator from Washington D.C. called and essentially I did not get anywhere, even though this was a driving hazard. So I kind of think the Lemon Law is more political smoke than anything. Thye must have had a lot of them because my 98 one ton did the same thing had it had it a year and traded it for a 2000 f-350. First thing I did was drive it threw the service lane at the Chevy dealers.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-06-15 3:58 AM (#11839 - in reply to #11748)

Visionary

So Cal
The sensor problem is inexcusable. After seeing the piece on Discovery channel, it seems they have every oppertunity to stop the line and correct the problem, or at least make a note of it. Lemon law only applies to issues that cant be fixed. It wasnt a defect, just an assembly error, thats what the warrenty is for.
Rebel
Posted 2008-06-15 11:43 AM (#11858 - in reply to #11818)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Len Rhymes - 2008-06-14 5:03 PM
Reb, I had a 94 Chevy 1 ton that I had a constant problem with. Engine would cut off and would not restart. Had to be towed in half dozen times. They would replace the pump and I would be happy four about 6,ooo miles and then the same thing would happen...

Yeah, now that definitely sounds like a case for a Lemon Law. I'm lucky in that one of my job benefits is free legal service. It's much harder to blow me off in cases like that.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™