You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision's competition
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2008-06-12 8:39 AM (#11737)
Subject: Vision's competition

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

I stopped by a friends house who also rides. He was keeping a bike for someone since they didn't have any place to park it. This was the first time I had ever seen a bike like this. It was another new kid on the block and I realized that this might just be the Vision's competition threat. Since we have H-D and GW's in the bag, this is the only thing that Victory should be concerned about. It brings to the table innovation and design, as well as creature features. Like USB plug for thumbdrive music. Front and rear disc brakes as well as a 2 year warranty gives something to think about. Built with comfort in mind, this bike also has a cruising range potential of 350+ miles.

Once I saw it, it almost made me rethink my decision to buy the Vision. This really is a cool bike. Ready....

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2008-qlink-legacy-250-76569.html

Top of the page Bottom of the page
victory2002
Posted 2008-06-12 9:09 AM (#11738 - in reply to #11737)
Subject: Re: Vision's competition

Cruiser

Northeast Pennsylvania
That's great.. LOL. I actually saw that bike in person.
devilboy
Posted 2008-06-12 3:17 PM (#11753 - in reply to #11737)
Subject: RE: Vision's competition

Cruiser

Central Florida
varyder - 2008-06-12 8:39 AM

I stopped by a friends house who also rides. He was keeping a bike for someone since they didn't have any place to park it. This was the first time I had ever seen a bike like this. It was another new kid on the block and I realized that this might just be the Vision's competition threat. Since we have H-D and GW's in the bag, this is the only thing that Victory should be concerned about. It brings to the table innovation and design, as well as creature features. Like USB plug for thumbdrive music. Front and rear disc brakes as well as a 2 year warranty gives something to think about. Built with comfort in mind, this bike also has a cruising range potential of 350+ miles.

Once I saw it, it almost made me rethink my decision to buy the Vision. This really is a cool bike. Ready....

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2008-qlink-legacy-250-76569.html

do you plan on buying a pair and using them for roller skates?
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-12 3:21 PM (#11754 - in reply to #11737)

Iron Butt

Western WA
LOL

True story:

I pulled into a mini-mart on a trip a little while back, which of course led to people wandering over to talk about the bike. There was one guy that was CONVINCED that the Vision was automatic. He even debated the point with me for a bit. Finally he said, "Are you sure that's not an automatic transmission in that thing? My friend said that was one of the big selling points."

I just smiled politely, kind of dumbfounded and said, "Well, after a couple thousand miles. . .yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a 6-speed manual."

That seemed to satisfy him and he walked back into the store.
varyder
Posted 2008-06-12 3:25 PM (#11755 - in reply to #11754)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Breaker - 2008-06-12 3:21 PM LOL True story: I pulled into a mini-mart on a trip a little while back, which of course led to people wandering over to talk about the bike. There was one guy that was CONVINCED that the Vision was automatic. He even debated the point with me for a bit. Finally he said, "Are you sure that's not an automatic transmission in that thing? My friend said that was one of the big selling points." I just smiled politely, kind of dumbfounded and said, "Well, after a couple thousand miles. . .yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a 6-speed manual." That seemed to satisfy him and he walked back into the store.

You should have said, "Why sure, ever time I move this little lever here it automatically goes to the next gear!"

Miles
Posted 2008-06-12 7:49 PM (#11763 - in reply to #11737)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
Maybe it will grow up into this...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=5365&Page...

Lifeisgood
Posted 2008-06-13 1:55 AM (#11769 - in reply to #11737)
Subject: RE: Vision's competition

Cruiser

Victoria, BC
After owning my Burgman 650 for several years, I can say that it's best feature is the computer controlled CVT transmission. The acceleration is turbine smooth (my wife especially likes that) and the engine is always in the sweet spot for torque. Since you don't need the clutch handle, it's replaced by the rear brake. Having both brakes on the handlebars makes it easier to modulate the front & rear brakes, especially in an emergency. Plus it allows you to have both feet on the ground when stopped at lights (without having to use the front brake/throttle).

When I get my Vision, it will be the one thing that I'll miss most about the Burgman (well - also the parking brake ).

Cheers,
Reg

ps. the downside of the CVT is that's very easy to speed if you're not paying attention to the speedometer!

Edited by Lifeisgood 2008-06-13 1:56 AM
Miles
Posted 2008-06-13 2:49 AM (#11771 - in reply to #11737)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
We have a SilverWing (Honda's version of the Burgman) and an '81 Guzzi 1000cc Convert. Both CVT, old school and new school if you will. The Silverwing is a little small physically for me, although it has plenty of gettup and went. I ride the Convert a lot. If nothing else is to be said, there are many Guzzi Converts... with their nearly 30 YEAR OLD CVT TECHNOLOGY still running strong today, many with near or over 100,000 miles on them. As far as tranny maintenance... there isn't any really. Add oil. The univeral is sealed, and there are some folks that still rebuild them for a reasonable price if needed. There's actually more problems with the Carbs and FlyWheels and other engine parts than the Transmissions. I was really hoping the Vision would have a CVT option. Maybe it still will. Not really cause it needs it or anything... I just think it would be a cool option. It has everything else already.

Rebel
Posted 2008-06-13 5:45 AM (#11772 - in reply to #11737)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
My Vic dealer carries the Qlink line. I was thinking about buying one for my daughter to ride around in two years. That or the American assembled Vento.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™