You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Running Rough?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

gustaro
Posted 2009-07-20 3:30 PM (#39120)
Subject: Running Rough?

New user

I bought a 2008 Victory Vision with 4,500 miles on it. I've owned other Victory's before (standard, kingpin, and jackpot), and the Vision's engine seems not so refined when I crack the throttle. The pistons seem to make a heavy knocking sound when you juice it (more than I expected). I chalked this up to having a V-Twin, but I let my friend take it for a ride and his first comment was that it needed a tune up. He's been riding V-Twins for many years and is very knowledge, although his bike is a 1800 VTX. I find it hard to believe a tune-up is necessary because the Vision only has about 5,000 miles on it, but I'm not sure.

Mine vision is completely stock.

Anybody have similar issues?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sonicbluerider
Posted 2009-07-20 3:41 PM (#39121 - in reply to #39120)
Subject: Re: Running Rough?

Tourer

, IA
nope
Lotzafun
Posted 2009-07-20 4:02 PM (#39123 - in reply to #39120)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
How long has it been doing this? As in how many miles? As in possibly on the same tank of fuel? As in any chance you could be dealing with a case of bad fuel in the system?
gustaro
Posted 2009-07-20 5:21 PM (#39127 - in reply to #39123)

New user

It's not the gas, because I've filled up many times and nothing has changed. I always use premium. The gas mileage seems decent at about 40-44 mpg.

I've never rode anybody else's Vision, so I can't tell if my situation is unique or if all Vision engines seem a little choppy when they accelarate.

The manual doesn't say anything about when the first tune-up is required. Does anybody know anything about that?
VisionTex
Posted 2009-07-20 6:36 PM (#39137 - in reply to #39127)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
You did not say if you know the service history of the motorcycle. You should take it to a dealer and make sure all the recalls have been compelted. The riding experience of the Vision it alot different to a standard KP or JP. First, you will hear a lot more due to the the fairing. The motor is noisy when compared to others, the more miles, it will produce less noise. This a very robust engine and transmission, you probably don't have any issues, but find a good dealer, have it checked out.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-07-20 7:50 PM (#39145 - in reply to #39120)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
what grade of fuel are you using? i ask since you said it is knocking or sounds like it? i think victory sells a DEcarbonizer. you might wanna try that.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™