You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Heard a funny Noise!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

TexasVision
Posted 2008-07-07 6:55 PM (#13062)
Subject: Heard a funny Noise!!!!!

Cruiser

Leander,Texas
hello all ,
I have had my Vision for 3 or so weeks and it has ran awesome till recently . Went to go have the 500 mile service check done and while riding it home i listen to my MP3 player but the next day i heard noise coming from the rear wheel. Once taking it back it was determined that the rear caliper had slightly stuck and was barely clenching the disk of the break. I dont see this as a manufacturer problem but most of you know your bike and if you hear anything from the normal i recommend you get it serviced because my incident could have gotten real ugly around 80 mph..be safe and RIDE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Teach
Posted 2008-07-08 12:09 PM (#13122 - in reply to #13062)
Subject: Re: Heard a funny Noise!!!!!

Visionary

Tex, yep the brakes on the Vision drag a lot and overheat rather quickly. I'm not sure why, but mine became less noticeable at the 2500-2600 mile mark. Still would like to know if Victory has something in the works to address the overheating issue, but you posted a good heads up item.
TexasVision
Posted 2008-07-09 5:00 PM (#13228 - in reply to #13122)

Cruiser

Leander,Texas
Spoke with the service tech he said its normal for them to touch just a hair and you may hear some noise but as you get more mile like you said sound will go away they did check the caliper and smooth the rotor disk but it still make a little noise
Teach
Posted 2008-07-09 7:10 PM (#13241 - in reply to #13062)

Visionary

Tex, I had a Suzuki 1500 years back and the front rotor made a swishing sound as you went down the road. You could hear it over everything. Finally got the bright idea to cut 2 extra lines down the pad to let more air escape, worked like a charm. I haven't felt the need to play with the visions brakes yet, but they sure are noisy, particularly when they heat up. They will make less noise as the miles build.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™