You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision Dieing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

bbrist
Posted 2018-07-12 7:22 AM (#192636)
Subject: Vision Dieing

Cruiser

Well where to start the Vision has been a powerful and lasting bike for me till recently. I have Lloyd's cams, power commander V, AT-300 installed for over 2 years. Just with in the last three months of Summer I have been having problems with the bike starting fine in the morning and riding 13-15 miles to work and working flawlessly. After work heading home in 90-102 degree weather rain or shine bike starts and works fine till home. Pulling into garage bike died and would no restart, time came to take to dealer for maintenance and they did the 5000 mile check up. Took for a test ride and no problems till they pulled codes I had 16 Crank Position error codes and while he was getting ready to return to me, the bike died and would not restart. He started investigating and found battery was at Half Life. (?) OK changed battery and then tried to test ride again and again bike died. While running in the shop Volt meter was sitting at 12.5 volts which it never did before. It was always at 14+ at idle now this happened. He put on computer to see what codes, but no codes were caught. We even put a fuel pressure tester on to see if the fuel pump was not delivering the required pressure, but alas it was at 50 psi +. OK now I ordered a crank position pick up and installed charged battery and next day took to work. Well going to work as usual was flawless, now going home bike started fine ran good till about 5 miles from home and several stop lights died at each one but restarted quickly after each stop. Got home pulled into garage and died, and would not start just turned and turned but no fire. ANY Help would be appreciated on this condition, I'm guessing maybe the fuel pump but again I'm at a loss as to where to start, anyone else had such problem?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-07-12 1:36 PM (#192637 - in reply to #192636)
Subject: Re: Vision Dieing

Visionary

Am guessing its you PCV. Maybe bad ground loose power wire. May loose connection at injector.
Get a hold of power commander and tell them whats going on.
lennyb
Posted 2018-07-13 4:51 PM (#192638 - in reply to #192636)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Might find some helpful info by searching the site for:
Idle voltage
Power and engine shuts off
Dying at idle

Good luck.
bbrist
Posted 2018-07-16 5:32 AM (#192639 - in reply to #192636)

Cruiser

Well the Vision died on way home would not run 100 yrds before dying and than would not start. Again the morning run was uneventful and on the way home started sputtering and died, turned off engine waited a few minutes and restarted got down the road a few yards and died again. Flashed the check eng light but gave no codes. Had to call towtruck to get home. Now just sits in garage waiting for me to look deeper into the problem. Will call Power Commander to see if they have any knowledge of the problem.
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-07-16 11:46 AM (#192640 - in reply to #192636)

Visionary

maybe 40 amp breaker down under plastic cover. Thee $6 bucks at and auto store. Make sure you put the correct wire back on copper stud.
could be main circuit breaker in fuse block. You could switch some around and see if that helps.
Pull spark plugs and see if there wet. If so then your getting fuel. Auto store sells NGK there P/N 3481
towards back of owners book will tell you some problem shooting.
Add 1/4 inch lock washer to each battery bolt so they will stay tight. By the way if you check cables for tightness with your hand it will lie to you. Use a 10 mm wrench

(colehearse_14.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments colehearse_14.gif (23KB - 3 downloads)
V92SC
Posted 2018-07-31 6:04 PM (#192652 - in reply to #192636)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
You also might check the ground at the bottom of the ignition switch. Polaris issued a service alert describing symptoms similar to what you are experiencing. You must pull the ignition to check it. Hope this helps.

johnnyvision
Posted 2018-08-02 2:13 PM (#192655 - in reply to #192636)

Visionary

50 psi on fuel pump is normal. You should putt full charge is battery and have it load tested at auto store or batter store. Ya I know dealer check it but that might of been with a multimeter and not a load test. 4 year old battery is getting old.
Write Rylan at the vic shop and ask him what it might be tell him all you can. It might be a day or 2 but he will get back to you.

rylan.vos@thevicshop.com

bbrist
Posted 2018-08-06 11:26 AM (#192659 - in reply to #192636)

Cruiser

Well after tearing the Vic apart to replace a broken bracket for the tip overs I was in the middle of installing all the panels back on and found the wiring harness that goes to the Fuel pump was pinched between the tank and the frame about 2-3 inches down from plug. One wire was grounding out on the frame but I do not know if this would have caused the symptoms I've been having. Checked all other wires from the top of back bone to the rear and found no other wires that could be pinched or other wise. I don't know if this pinched wire could have caused the cam Position error code or not. Would explain the not starting after it would shut down inadvertently. But waiting for a little cooler weather to take for a test drive. Thanks to all for your support!!
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-08-06 6:03 PM (#192660 - in reply to #192636)

Visionary

Have to ask do you see how the wire was pinched or did it just rub or vibrate itself into shorting out.
Nice you have found out
bbrist
Posted 2018-08-07 5:35 AM (#192662 - in reply to #192636)

Cruiser

The wire was between the tank and the Intake just below the fuse box on the right side (sitting on bike). the Tank has rubber mounts so all I did was use a pry bar gently separate the tank and frame enough o gently pull out wires. Taking off your top valance panel look under the right side fuse box and you can see the area. I than repaired wire and zip tied the wires set up away from that area.
bbrist
Posted 2018-08-16 5:40 AM (#192673 - in reply to #192636)

Cruiser

Well I've ridden for three days and have not had one shutdown, the wire loom that was pinched between the tank and frame was the reason for the bike dying. Thanks to all that gave some insight and "may you keep the shiny side up."

Thanks !!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™