You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Jockey Shifter
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Chico7z
Posted 2016-04-04 2:00 PM (#181779 - in reply to #179493)
Subject: Re: Jockey Shifter

Cruiser

Barrington, NH
I would recommend the recluse as well, it they will offer one for a Victory...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rainryder II
Posted 2016-04-04 2:48 PM (#181780 - in reply to #179493)

Cruiser

"Muscle loss is not something that comes back. Therapist told me not to waste my time."

Dylan Thomas said to not "go quietly into that good night", but to "rage against the darkness."

Have that therapist show you her or his medical doctorate, then go to a Chiropractor and quit messing around and get it fixed. The worst it can do is not work. I'm serious here. Do you want to not try every avenue, knowing the conventional medical profession offers NO hope? Be advised: I'm not talking an instant fix here, healing takes time, so stick with it. BTW-Chiropractic has been around since 1895. They know a little bit about neurology.

Your therapist will tell you that you'll have to go back and back, etc., but they and your MD want to put you on pills the rest of your life, and how many "treatments" is that? What's the cost of those meds? How is your quality of life?

Listening to them, not only does your arm continue to waste away, but you eventually potentially end up on dialysis to boot. The ego of the therapist is unconscionable, IMHO, asserting that simply because they have no answer, that no one does. You have a pretty good computer on your shoulders that knows more about your muscle mass than any therapist out there, if you can just get the electrical impulses to them. I'm a D.C., and as Mr. Crabs might say, ""Spongebob me boy, I've seen this before!"

No guarantees, but the alternative sucks, as near as I can tell. But of course, you can do what you want.

Edited by rainryder II 2016-04-04 2:59 PM
rainryder II
Posted 2016-04-04 3:05 PM (#181781 - in reply to #179493)

Cruiser

I'm not trying to flame you, here, just care enough to offer an avenue to be explored. I don't have the whole story of the cause, but metaphorically speaking, until you align the front end of your car, you're going to wear out tires.

There are reasons not to adjust the spine, such as infections or cancer, but if those are not a factor in your case, what have you got to lose?

You can buy tires till the cows come home, but arms are hard to come by.
varyder
Posted 2016-04-04 8:02 PM (#181788 - in reply to #179493)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Everything is taken respectfully. I went to see one of the best neurosurgens in the country. Thinking it maybe diease/syndrome, such as MS or related neuro issue, I had extenisve testing. Nada. Doc is baffled but I show no other signs but in my left hand. Not saying a chiropractor couldn't give me some sort of treatment, everything I know so far is only a miracle could provide improvement. At best, any neuro treatment is negligible I made two visits to a recommended theripist when it was believed to be treatable, but they realized it was not and recommended to see the expert. I carry my faith in God to get me moving forward and my time on a cycle. Since it is starting to get worse, it may be a signal...
varyder
Posted 2016-04-12 2:59 PM (#181962 - in reply to #179493)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Update, if you're following this. I'm still moving forward to get a foot clutch, I'm going to take the bike to an old school place to gets some opinions and pricing. On the positive side, I'm having somewhat of a reprieve with my hand, but it still tires quickly during rapid shifting in succession. I'm just changing my riding style, no so fast take offs from stop lights any more. I continue to practice in my mind on shifting. If it will prove to be too awkward when I do make the switch, I'll still have nothing to lose. I just want to hit the 200,000 mile mark for my own satisfaction. I think I can do at least that.
wingit3611
Posted 2016-04-12 8:53 PM (#181977 - in reply to #181962)

Cruiser

Chris: (I think)  I have a problem also with the clutch pull and at times have had to use the hook method that you discribed. I would get cramps like, which were perrallesis, I couldn't move my fingers. I am sure mine will get worse too because of age. I got a few on you.

At first I made my own EZ-pull out of a couple of pieces of aluminun with an ajustable screw in it so as to get the max leverage for pull.  Got a little vain and didn't think it look professional anuff.     Got an EZ-Shift, thought it was from Witch Doctor. To get it ajusted rite seems like I ground some of the pin in the clutch handle. (its a bear getting it back in the rubber boot). Also seems like that was a mistake. Any way the last thing I did to get it rite to put 1/2 of a .177 pullet in the brass piece in the handle. It diffinately pulls eazier but not as easy as a Honda they just have a longer throw.

My EZ-Shift was 49.95  VCID-CO8. came from Owens Cycle Works, Ph.865-264-4425, Sales@owenscycleworks.com/   Got a note in my maintenance  Jason & Paul, 805A Clinch Ave., Clinton  TN  37716. 

I had looked in to the air shift kit, but the EZ-Shift is doing the job OK for now.

Edited by wingit3611 2016-04-12 8:56 PM
nailer
Posted 2016-04-13 6:53 AM (#182103 - in reply to #181962)

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
varyder - 2016-04-12 1:59 PM

Update, if you're following this. I'm still moving forward to get a foot clutch, I'm going to take the bike to an old school place to gets some opinions and pricing. On the positive side, I'm having somewhat of a reprieve with my hand, but it still tires quickly during rapid shifting in succession. I'm just changing my riding style, no so fast take offs from stop lights any more. I continue to practice in my mind on shifting. If it will prove to be too awkward when I do make the switch, I'll still have nothing to lose. I just want to hit the 200,000 mile mark for my own satisfaction. I think I can do at least that.

RE: "Rapid Shifting" Have you considered the Pingel or Kliktronic Shifters? Very pricey I've read.
atvtinker
Posted 2016-04-13 8:18 AM (#182107 - in reply to #179493)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
If worse comes to worse, when you can't ride the Vision anymore because of the clutch, the new Honda VRF1200Xs have an automatic gearbox this year. Of course it is an Adventure style bike, but riding is still riding. I never could get the Easy-Clutch adjusted right on my Vision. I just found it the other day on the shelf in my shop and was going to try and fit it to the CCT, but remembered the hassle I had trying to adjust it the last time and said NOPE!
wingit3611
Posted 2016-04-13 4:52 PM (#182115 - in reply to #182107)

Cruiser

I am still waiting for that honda auto shifter to come out on the Goldwing.  Probably not till the wing sales drop off some more.

atvtinker
Posted 2016-04-14 10:28 AM (#182146 - in reply to #182115)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
wingit3611 I wonder why they haven't tried to put one on the GoldWing? I think maybe because it has too much torque for the application. With the VRF1200X now out with one, they may have found the right formula to upgrade one for a GoldWing.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™