You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision Bars
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

bmwrider1954
Posted 2015-05-13 9:37 AM (#172408)
Subject: Vision Bars

North Billerica, MA
I just finished the install on my Witch Doctor's 2"up 1" back bars. Took me all day. I watched the video but forgot to install the grips and levers before the bars were tightened down. So, took them back off, installed the grips and levers, drilled the holes for the switch alignment pins, and put it all back together.

I adjusted the levers so they are rotated a bit "up". That way I don't need to roll my hands forward to access the levers. I did have to trace my clutch line back and undo two wire ties and a clip to get the extra length I needed. The brake line was fine. Like another rider (V92) said "it gives the bike a feeling of power steering".
It also relieves my left side shoulder and elbow pain!

(WP_20150513_10_10_00_Pro.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments WP_20150513_10_10_00_Pro.jpg (42KB - 7 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
AdventureN
Posted 2015-05-18 1:25 AM (#172459 - in reply to #172408)
Subject: RE: Vision Bars

Puddle Jumper

Duncan, BC Canada
Thanks for your observations. I am looking to purchase 2" pull back. It is good to hear what others think of the change.

Les
DarthMonolith
Posted 2015-05-18 9:50 AM (#172470 - in reply to #172408)
Subject: Re: Vision Bars

Puddle Jumper

Great Mills, MD
I am also contemplating moving to the 2" pull back bars. Thanks for the info.
BBQWIZ
Posted 2015-05-18 6:53 PM (#172473 - in reply to #172408)

Cruiser

ROCHESTER,NY
How much coin,to do the bars.You stated 2" up and 1" back. Are the bars any more forward, towards the dash.Or are they closer to the rider? Been contemplating bars since riding the first 250 ml. trip.
Nozzledog
Posted 2015-05-18 8:05 PM (#172474 - in reply to #172408)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I have done the Ness 2"back 1"up bars. They do put me in a more layed back/comfortable riding position. At first I thought I wanted higher bars, but any higher and they would put my hands in the wind stream. They are also a little wider, making the stock mirrors pretty much useless now. Found some hotrod aftermarket mirrors for $30 though. Never knew how much of my surroundings I was missing with the fairing mounted mirrors. .
V92SC
Posted 2015-05-19 9:30 AM (#172476 - in reply to #172408)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
Witch Doctor bars are 2 up and 1 back of 1.25 DOM tubing with 5 in. of 1 in tubing for the control mount and stock with at the bar ends. The 1 back is slightly noticeable, but ths 2 up is substantial. The increase in leaverage is noteworthy in all aspects of maneuvering the beast and decreases dependent position stress on the upper extremities from the neck, shoulders, arms, and back. The 2 up also eliminates catastrophic damage to the Ipod glovebox door as a result of collisions with the low stock bars. Vic fixed that problem on the round bar VVs of latter years. Slow speed and parking lot maneuvers are also easier when trying to handle the beast.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™