You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

LLoyds up grades
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Eric
Posted 2014-09-03 3:28 PM (#165732)
Subject: LLoyds up grades

Cruiser

Duanesburg N.Y.
Well after riding my 09 vision for 15000 miles and realizing that due to victorys shitty resale value i am going to fix some of the thing that bug me about the bike and just ride the piss out of it. some of the things that bug me are the shitty fuel mapping that my stage 2 kit from the dealer down loaded in to my bike. When I down shift the bike and give the throttle a little blip to help line up gears the engine just dies until I let out the clutch to hook the engine to the transmission and its fine again. I dont really like the sound of the factory stage 2 pipes and the popping and farting so in December I am going to drop the bike off at lloyds and have cams and the fuel mapping taken care of which really should help the driveability part. I am just really anal about thing working like they should, my 02 eletraglide didn't do it and neither should this.

For the performance part what has every one done to enhance driveability and performance on their star cruizer and any suggustions on different pipes that dont look like shit on the vision. I am thinking of doing the cherry bomb exhaust just for the hell of it to see how it would sound.

Thanks Eric
Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2014-09-03 4:48 PM (#165733 - in reply to #165732)
Subject: Re: LLoyds up grades

Visionary

Central Maryland
Cherry bomb upgrade is cheap, and sounds good. I did it but later took them off and went with the S1L2's for a quieter note.

I have LOUD on my Rocket 3
cw1115
Posted 2014-09-03 5:13 PM (#165734 - in reply to #165732)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Eric, I have a 2013 with 30,000 miles. It is Vision number 3 and ran great since day one. So did my first 2008 that I bought new.
On the 2013 I have L1S2 pipes with Atom Bomb mod. Doesn't sounds as good as Ness Honkers, but pretty lose and looks much better.
After doing Lloyd's top filter, timing gear and VFC III, I finally did the cams. Wow. I can not imagine the difference doing everything at once. Th bike is incredible now. I overnighted the ECM to Lloyd yesterday. Can't wait to get it back and get up to KevinX for a dynotune.
Safe to say you are going to be very pleased.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2014-09-03 5:52 PM (#165736 - in reply to #165732)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Eric, it may be worth taking a nice ride to Lloydz in Pine Bush, NY (about 100mi from you) and having them tackle the fuel mapping issues.
Eric
Posted 2014-09-03 6:32 PM (#165738 - in reply to #165732)

Cruiser

Duanesburg N.Y.
just saw a video on you tube from the vic shop They are a performance shop in Iowa. Wow do they live victory they have a web site http://thevicshop.com/Home_Page.html they have increrediable videos !! I will have roughly $1500 to spend i am planning to go down to lloyds for a ride in october
cw1115
Posted 2014-09-03 7:14 PM (#165739 - in reply to #165732)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Jeff, when you say fuel map are you referring to the ECM? I called there a couple of times yesterday about sending my ECM to be redone. They have a 2 week turn around and getting rush service wasn't an option except to overnight it back to be. Led me to believe they send them out. I'd call over there first.
Rammurry
Posted 2014-09-03 7:41 PM (#165740 - in reply to #165732)
Subject: RE: LLoyds up grades

Cruiser

Eric
I have the D&D on mine. They look good, not as loud as honkers or atom bombs.
If you are doing cams you will need top filter and I would suggest the PCV.
I have the adjustable intake and timing wheel (set at +4) both made by Lloyd.
I have about $2,500 in parts and dyno tune.
Rylan did the cams and tune, I installed the rest of the parts.
The results were excellent. HP 119 Torque 122.
I would spend the $$ you have on the parts you don't have and worry about the exhaust later.
Lloyd will guide you to achieve what you want out of your bike.
Good Luck
cw1115
Posted 2014-09-03 8:03 PM (#165741 - in reply to #165732)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
What does the adjustable intake do for you?
Rammurry
Posted 2014-09-03 9:02 PM (#165742 - in reply to #165741)

Cruiser

cw1115 - 2014-09-03 8:03 PM

What does the adjustable intake do for you?

It is a machined part that sits on top of the throttle bodies it has interchangeable inserts.
The part stands about 2" tall.
Rylan had me use the 42 mm insert.
This actually chokes down the intake size but lengthens the runner.
The result is air is at a higher velocity entering the throttle bodies.
The torque on the low end increased a lot. When Rylan put the cams in the low end torque was retained.
The cams really come on about 3100-3200RPM.
The bike pulls like a freight train from 2200-5300 RPM.
It is on Lloyd's web site and is only for the Vision.
Kinda of a pain to install, well worth the effort and $219.00.
Lloyd or Rylan can tell you which insert to use with the setup you have.
Also install should not affect your fuel settings at all.

Rick
cw1115
Posted 2014-09-03 9:10 PM (#165743 - in reply to #165732)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Thanks Rick. I went and looked after you mentioned it.
I'm gonna have to put that on the wish list. I hadn't planned on getting the ECM done, that's 225 plus shipping.
Rammurry
Posted 2014-09-03 9:38 PM (#165744 - in reply to #165732)
Subject: RE: LLoyds up grades

Cruiser

Michael
I didn't do the ECM. Rylan said that with the PCV and the combination of the other parts he would be able to tune it without the ECM reflash. He has the redline set at 6000RPM.
He was right, he did an excellent job of making this motor put the power on the road.
I wouldn't change a thing.
Well maybe 110ci? LOL
Rick
bbrist
Posted 2014-09-04 5:54 AM (#165748 - in reply to #165732)

Cruiser

Just installed the variable intake this last week and I can attest that this is a mod like no other. With timing gear, performance filter, Witch Doctor Baffled Muscle Muffler, and the Adjustable Intake the VV has awaken. Throttle response is off the hook and it seems to me that the cruise RPH has dropped from over 3000 RPM to little over 2800 in 6th and running 70 MPH. Only haven't check the fuel mileage as of yet but am very please with the current results.
cw1115
Posted 2014-09-04 8:19 AM (#165750 - in reply to #165732)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Now you got me thinking. Wants another 200 bucks.
Rick, I already went down the VFC-III route and the ECM is at Lloydz. I will be discussing the intake with Kevin before I go see him for a dynotune? What exactly it involved? I fairly certain that after doing the cams I can tackle the intake.
Rammurry
Posted 2014-09-04 10:09 AM (#165752 - in reply to #165750)

Cruiser

cw1115 - 2014-09-04 8:19 AM

Now you got me thinking. Wants another 200 bucks.
Rick, I already went down the VFC-III route and the ECM is at Lloydz. I will be discussing the intake with Kevin before I go see him for a dynotune? What exactly it involved? I fairly certain that after doing the cams I can tackle the intake.

You have to pull the radio console, top filter, the cheese wedges pop off.
The coil bracket and ICV and bracket have to come off.
There are four screws that come up from the throttle bodies into the top plate that is in the air box, remove them.
The top plate is hard to get out because of the boot that seals the air box.
Once out there is a fin on the top plate that has to be cut off.
The AIS goes in first and it is tough to get it through the rubber boot in the air box, then the top plate sits on top of it. The four new screws that are supplied with the intake go back in from the bottom of the throttle bodies.
The rest goes back just like it came out.
There is a spacer that Lloyds sells to space the top filter up 3/8" you will also need that. The install guide is on Lloyds website it might do a better job of explaining, and has pics.

I bet Kevin would not charge much more to put it in, he will have everything except the console and top filter all ready off to do cams.
Rick
cw1115
Posted 2014-09-04 10:38 AM (#165753 - in reply to #165732)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Thanks for the info! I was not aware about the spacer for the top filter. I just did the cams myself so that seems easy. I was on the phone already with Lloyd's. Danny emailed me a copy of the install instructions. He said with my setup I should use 44mm insert.
I guess I have no choice to get them since I did everything else. Lol
Rammurry
Posted 2014-09-04 12:19 PM (#165754 - in reply to #165753)

Cruiser

cw1115 - 2014-09-04 10:38
AM
I was on the phone already with Lloyd's. Danny emailed me a copy of the install instructions. He said with my setup I should use 44mm insert.

I guess I have no choice to get them since I did everything else. Lol

I would go with what ever Danny recommends.

That's the way I looked at it too! I had no choice!!

When Kevin gets finished with tuning I think you will be happy.
Can't wait to here the results.
kevinx
Posted 2014-09-04 9:06 PM (#165755 - in reply to #165748)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
bbrist - 2014-09-04 6:54 AM
it seems to me that the cruise RPH has dropped from over 3000 RPM to little over 2800 in 6th and running 70 MPH. Only haven't check the fuel mileage as of yet but am very please with the current results.

Cruise RPM is set by gearing. Engine speed x will always result in wheel speed Y
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™