You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Best HP Exhaust
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

new vic rider
Posted 2014-04-15 5:44 PM (#154291)
Subject: Best HP Exhaust

Cruiser

Shelbyville, IL United States
What exhaust pipes are getting the best HP numbers. I have stage 1 exhaust now. I am going to have cams installed in september. Talked t Rylan at the vic shop and he said the stage 1 pipes are not good for hp numbers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
okie vision
Posted 2014-04-15 6:48 PM (#154296 - in reply to #154291)
Subject: Re: Best HP Exhaust

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
http://www.vision-riders.com/articles.asp?Article=127944&fid=40
XRsteve
Posted 2014-04-15 6:55 PM (#154298 - in reply to #154291)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Dyno people like Lloyd Greer, Kevin Cross, Rylan Voss or Kyle Crandall will know whats working best.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-04-15 7:50 PM (#154301 - in reply to #154291)
Subject: RE: Best HP Exhaust

Visionary

Jasper, MO
new vic rider - 2014-04-15 5:44 PM

What exhaust pipes are getting the best HP numbers. I have stage 1 exhaust now. I am going to have cams installed in september. Talked t Rylan at the vic shop and he said the stage 1 pipes are not good for hp numbers.

Street performance on these bikes is not just about peak horsepower numbers, but about getting a wide and flat torque curve. I would suggest you look to see about getting the widest and flattest (and highest) torque curve you can instead of just looking at a peak horsepower number.

The stock exhaust and the Stage 1 both do quite well in this regard. There are some aftermarket exhausts that will show a higher peak number at one point, but lower numbers at other points--like the low end.

Talk to Rylan, Kevin, Lloydz, or Kyle about what your goals and riding style are before deciding on an exhaust change.

Ronnie
kevinx
Posted 2014-04-17 2:45 PM (#154335 - in reply to #154291)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Best HP at peak is the Ness Honkers. Best torque curve is the D&D wrapped. Though for the most part you could throw a blanket over the whole pack of mufflers with a baffle in them
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™