You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Strapping Vision To Trailer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

alberts46
Posted 2011-03-28 8:55 PM (#82631)
Subject: Strapping Vision To Trailer

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
I just ordered a new single rail trailer and have been researching our website and other sites for the best way to secure the vision. I found this post on another site and went out to check for this slot and sure enough it was exactly where he said it was.

" Look under the head light, you'll see a horizontal slot cast into the front part of the top frame section, that is the factory recommended tie down point. When I trailered mine I used this point."

This seems like the best place to secure the front and I found on a post on this site the best place in the rear is the engine mounts. There have been several posts regarding using the eye hooks on the front tip overs that I do have and the rear tip overs, but I feel strapping a little higher gives more stability.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I have rubbed paint off of other bikes and want to keep any straps away from any painted surfaces if possible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2011-03-29 11:45 AM (#82676 - in reply to #82631)
Subject: Re: Strapping Vision To Trailer

Iron Butt

, FL United States
My Vis and I have ridden over 15k miles together - Vis being tied down in the toy-hauler - so I have a bit of experience with tying it down.
1. The frame loop under the headlight works well to tie down the front (you can take ALL the movement out of the front shocks).
2. I use soft straps around the rear tip-overs to remove any forward movement.

This setup works well for me in both my T-H and on the Uhaul trailer I used to haul the Vis up tp Helen,Ga for the Southeast Region meet. I didn't need the T-H, as we stay in the hotel while there so we can "party with the folks".
Riverdawg
Posted 2011-03-29 11:57 AM (#82677 - in reply to #82676)

Cruiser

Camas Washington
When I bought my VV 11, the dealer left the eye bolts on that are under the front tipovers. I removed them and have kept. He did this in case I ever need to trailer it. Stated that is the best way to tie down the front. Go to a hardware store and see if you can find some eye bolts that will fit.
johnnyvision
Posted 2011-03-29 1:40 PM (#82683 - in reply to #82631)

Visionary

One you tie down the front with the provide slot under the hear light the bike is locked down. I bought some D rings from the hardware store for that a 1/2 inch size.
For the back end what you want is for it not to movie side to side. Soft ties on the tip overs or wrap you tie down around the tire and your done.
Keep in mind if you pull the front end down to far you can blow the front seals.
Webhair
Posted 2011-03-29 2:52 PM (#82690 - in reply to #82677)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
Riverdawg - 2011-03-29 12:57 PM

When I bought my VV 11, the dealer left the eye bolts on that are under the front tipovers. I removed them and have kept. He did this in case I ever need to trailer it. Stated that is the best way to tie down the front. Go to a hardware store and see if you can find some eye bolts that will fit.

I wouldn't - take a look at the support bar for the front tip overs...
GURNZ
Posted 2011-03-29 3:01 PM (#82691 - in reply to #82690)
Subject: Re: Chrome front fender tips

Cruiser

Spfld, IL but temp Bay area, CA
I use some soft straps with eyes on each end that will slip between the fender and front fork and ratchect strap from them to my D rings in the trailer floor. Never had any problems.
Curiously, I recently had my Vision shipped out to CA and my TC shipped home(it was time to ride the Vision again as I have been out here for over 9 months).
Federal required me to use the factory eye bolts or they would not ship the Vision.
Trekwolf164
Posted 2011-03-29 8:58 PM (#82723 - in reply to #82631)

Iron Butt

New York State
Strapping Vision To Trailer
I see that on the threads and I'm thinking what happened did the engine blow?

Justs sounds cruel to do that to a Lady.
Or it might be fun.
I need more thought on this.
Very confused.

Edited by Trekwolf164 2011-03-29 8:59 PM
RobertDuval
Posted 2011-03-30 1:00 AM (#82733 - in reply to #82631)
Subject: RE: Strapping Vision To Trailer

Cruiser

Edmond, OK 2012 Vision, 2012 Cross Country
The best tie down is this Canyon Dancer Inc's bar harness, I have the XX Wide and it fits bars up to 40" then you can apply even pressure at the top of the bike so it won't fall and tie to the rear tip overs on the back. It was about 30-40 bucks. Hope this helps.
Thomas
Posted 2011-03-30 9:50 AM (#82758 - in reply to #82733)

Central Wisconsin

RobertDuval - 2011-03-30 1:00 AM The best tie down is this Canyon Dancer Inc's bar harness, I have the XX Wide and it fits bars up to 40" then you can apply even pressure at the top of the bike so it won't fall and tie to the rear tip overs on the back. It was about 30-40 bucks. Hope this helps.

Haven't had to trailer the Vision.

My dealer said if you ever need to trailer the Vision do not strap down the handlebars.

I believe the rubber cushions/mounts can be damaged.

Thomas
Posted 2020-04-21 8:56 AM (#193011 - in reply to #82631)

Central Wisconsin

HeleneScott

A spammer on a nine year old thread.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™